Username Post: sizzix vs. cuttlebug vs. spellbinders - what's your pick?        (Topic#1553987)
AndiN 
New Kid On the Block
  • AndiN on 02-27-11 05:38 AM

I am thinking about buying an embossing/dicutting machine. What's your pick? I want a machine that is compatible with ALL of the various products. (I already have a cricut machine, but am ready to expand mainly for the embossing!)

Thanks!

janellie
Diva
janellie
In response to AndiN

I started out with sizzix (the original one and then the big shot) and then got the cuttlebug. I use them all still but If you want portability go with the cuttlebug.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to janellie

my fave is the cuttlebug

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I have and love the Cuttlebug...however, I really REALLY want the Spellbinders Grand Calibur. There is a lot more cutting space and that is a big plus for me.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Here Kitty

I have the big shot. LOVE it.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-28-11 08:06 PM
In response to Seaexplore

I have the Big Shot and love it. The Cuttlebug is more portable but I don't care about that; the larger footprint of the BigShot is supposedly a little more stable than the 'but. There's not a lot of difference between the two.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to stick

I prefer the cuttlebug. I use other brands of embossing folders in it. By the way... I have seen some reviews of the newest model of the Cuttle bug and folks are saying the original is better than the "new and improved" one. Maybe you can get an original at an even better price now.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to pinkpaperairedale

• pinkpaperairedale Said:
I prefer the cuttlebug. I use other brands of embossing folders in it. By the way... I have seen some reviews of the newest model of the Cuttle bug and folks are saying the original is better than the "new and improved" one. Maybe you can get an original at an even better price now.

There were no changes to how the Version 2 works, just in the handle and how it looks.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics