Username Post: What type of paint        (Topic#1554145)
Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps

I have seen in galleries in various places on the net a certain type of technique. Mostly done on altered picture frames. I have seen in done on albums with wood covers.

The paint has pealed and weathered look to it. From what I can tell with the pictures there is a darker color painted first and then a lighter color on top. The on top is the one that has the pealed and weathered look to it. I would like to know if anyone knows what types of paint or of special solution to get this look.

Leah C
Leah C 
Pro
Leah C
In response to Kozy Scraps

I know you can paint with a regular acrylic paint then let it dry, and add the Crackle Paint on top. Once that is dry, you can also dry brush ink to add more vintage character and definition.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Leah C

I bought a picture frame and painted it with regular acrylic paint, and then when that was dry, I spray painted it with spray crackle paint that I got in the spray paint section at Walmart.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to CraftyCandace

Any crackle medium works, the distress crackles are great too, you don't need to use 2 colors of paint that way

Edited by ColbyCheeseCat on 02-28-11 08:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

doglover1920
Expert
doglover1920
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I use crackle medium, bought at Michael's.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics