Username Post: What to take to a crop?        (Topic#1554565)
ScrapLyn
New Kid On the Block
ScrapLyn

So i have never been to a crop, and i am going to the scrapbook usa expo in slc and i dont know what to take for tools or how much to take at all, and i signed up for a class and i dont know what to take to that either... i will be there for two days and i am just so lost on what to take any help would be great!!! Thanks

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to ScrapLyn

You'll have so much fun! Generally classes will give you a list of supplies to bring, so check with where you signed up and that might tell you what to bring.

As for whaat to bring to the crop, it is always hard the first couple, I still forget things when I go to crops! And it will vary from person to person what to bring to a crop. I generally make page kits for the photos I want to scrap. I over-plan so I don't run out of things to do. I pick out photos and papers and a few embellies that I might want for a page.

Depending on where you go they might provide some tools, but you'll want your standard tools, scissors, adhesive, paper cutter-anything you use a lot.

The great thing is if you forget something chances are there will be someone that can lend you it.

Have lots of fun!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to MrsAnnieS

Others told me to preplan LOs. that way you will have pics, paper and embellies ready to use without bringing your entire stash.

some items that are common forgot because you use them all the time are:

trimmer
ruler
pencil
adhesive
regular scissors
mat to cut/do adhesive on

if you like items that need to dry, like stickles, i recommend leaving them home. you won't have enough space or time to let them dry properly. take some sticky notes to remind you which LOs to add them to at home.

have fun!

SarahMack
Resident
SarahMack
In response to Lamoo12

Lamoo, you can take stuff that need to dry, just bring a heat gun. I haven't been to a crop in soooooooo long (I just haven't found any close to me), but I would probably take my heat gun, my craft iron, some ink pads, grungeboard, some paper and my 'necessities' ie., scissors, adhesive, ruler, pencil...

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to SarahMack

Just remember to initial or mark in some way your tools, it is helpful to distinquish from those of others.

Seamaiden
Guru
Seamaiden
In response to dotfree

I agree with the ladies! And if there are some vendors leave some room for your purchases!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to ScrapLyn

I got some great advice from a new friend (I am going to my first crop next weekend) she said to bring a commuter type cup with a lid that wont spill!! Chances are you are going to be thirsty and if you spill you drink on your layout or someone elses it could spell a huge disaster!!

Cant wait to hear about your first experience...make sure you let us know how it went. I will be sharing mine next sunday!! Have fun...and I agree make sure you leave room for purchases!!

ScrapLyn
New Kid On the Block
ScrapLyn
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I am so excited... so i have my list of don't forget items (trimmer and such) and i am planning my layouts, i went out a bought a new cup..lol and i am labeling everything as mine... thanks for all the tips...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to ScrapLyn

lol yayyy can't wait to hear about your first crop...and im going to mine on Saturday YAYYYY!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to newtoscrapping2011

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
I got some great advice from a new friend (I am going to my first crop next weekend) she said to bring a commuter type cup with a lid that wont spill!! Chances are you are going to be thirsty and if you spill you drink on your layout or someone elses it could spell a huge disaster!!

Cant wait to hear about your first experience...make sure you let us know how it went. I will be sharing mine next sunday!! Have fun...and I agree make sure you leave room for purchases!!

We have an unwritten rule at crops -- NO FOOD OR DRINK at the table!!

We have drink holders that attach to the table.
Or use water bottles with LIDS.
Products Referenced in This Post:

jadoredior454
Pro
jadoredior454
In response to ScrapLyn

• ScrapLyn Said:
So i have never been to a crop, and i am going to the scrapbook usa expo in slc and i dont know what to take for tools or how much to take at all, and i signed up for a class and i dont know what to take to that either... i will be there for two days and i am just so lost on what to take any help would be great!!! Thanks

great post, i was wondering about this myself :-)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics