Username Post: ***The Sassy Blinging Babes***        (Topic#1554575)
Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to NMlady

Joy I really worry for the situation that your daughter is in, the powers that be really don't seem to be helping her at all!! I hope her doctor is helpful in keeping depression at bay through this difficult time.

Happy Easter Shirley - I love seeing all your festive baking!

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Thank you for continuing to pray for us. Abby has court on Monday. They are objecting to the supervised visitation and him having custody during the mediation process.

I'm praying this works out....its just wrong and she hasn't even been given a chance.

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to nrthwdscrapper

Oh Joy....I'm so sorry it didn't work out with the courts. My heart just breaks for Abby.

Shirley & Cathy....you poor girls! I hope you both start feeling better soon.

Sarah....what a bright ray of sunshine!! I'm so glad you got the new job and will be out of that toxic place soon.

Hi Karen!!

Candace, I hope all goes well with you and I hope the kids start acting better after they've had some time off school.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to nrthwdscrapper

Hey babes, Hope you all had a wonderful Easter. We had a great time coloring Eggs and making/decorating cookies with the kids. We even had my nephew over for a sleepover last night. They stayed up late and got up early, and now that he has gone home, my boys are crashed on the couch. Today is Chase's last day of Spring break. It's back to school tomorrow. I guess I had better go make dinner before they wake up though. I'll try to get back later.

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to ScrappyPrincess

Thanks Lisa - it sure is toxic there, and I am counting down the days - 3 to go. My children's parents are planning a revolt and are looking at moving to my centre, whether that happens remains to be seen but it's nice to know they appreciate me so much! I'm also looking forward to cramming 2 weeks of scrapping into my time off before I start my new job!! I have a project life album to start, a ton of photos to scrap and Candace has inspired me to get a start on my Christmas cards. My mum has also put in an order for Christmas too.

Shannon - Easter sounds wonderful at your house, I can just imagine your gorgeous boys crashed out after a day of fun!

The nights are starting earlier here now (6pm), and it's getting chilly out there - I'm really not a winter person so I'm not looking forward to it coming! Summer just wasn't here long enough this year (it only started in late January!).

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Sarah-Scraps

I got some really nice paper when sb.com was having the $.10 sale on clearance paper recently. I can't wait to start using it. Of course most of it is going to be for Jolene layouts. I also got my drawers from Ikea. Hope that having my tooth pulled out on Thursday doesn't hurt too bad or take too much out of me. I really want to put the drawers together after my appt.

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to NMlady

With any luck Joy you'll be all nicely sedated for hours after your tooth is pulled and you won't feel a thing. I love putting together IKEA furniture. 10cent paper is awesome. I love sales! Which reminds me I have to pop over to my favourite scrappy shop and see what they have on special. Hopefully some Christmas papers so that I can make mum's cards. This is the same shop I got my ATC holder from for $30 (instead of the normal $78!) I love being able to see everyone's ATC all at once now. We should have another ATC swap, they're so fun to make!!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps

So I now have 2 days left. I received some choccy's today from one of my children and lots of "Why's?" and "Oh NO!" and "what are we going to do?!" I love my kids and parents! Our little party is getting bigger on Friday with the inclusion of the parents and "bring-a-plate" happening! It's going to be such a nice (possibly emotional) day. I just hope it doesn't rain!

Oh did I tell you Sophia has decided to become a hairdresser?! Yep on Sunday she loudly proclaimed to her sister that she no longer wanted long hair and chopped off about 3 inches. Thankfully I took her to the REAL hairdressers and they cut her hair into the cutest little bob. My mum just laughed when I told her - cause I did the same when I was Sophia's age, and then I started on my 8mth old sister!!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps

So as if on que I just got an email from another scrapbook shop I frequent and they're having a massive stock clearance this Sunday!! Woohoo - hope hubby is working.....

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps

Oh gosh there's been a massive earthquake in Indonesia There's supposed to be a Tsunami alert out, but we are safe here in Queensland. Hope you're doing okay Kelly!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• Sarah-Scraps Said:
Oh gosh there's been a massive earthquake in Indonesia There's supposed to be a Tsunami alert out, but we are safe here in Queensland. Hope you're doing okay Kelly!

Thankfully there was no Tsunami.

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
  • Sarah-Scraps Said:

Thankfully there was no Tsunami.

I second that - turns out it had something to do with the underwater plates and the way they move. I think Earth has PMS

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

Hi Babes!
I'm at a conference with hubby this week. I've sure enjoyed lounging by the pool! Back to reality tomorrow. Lots of exciting things happening with my gang. I'll share soon. Love to all!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to momany

It's so good to see you TJ. Can't wait to hear what's up with your family.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to NMlady

Going to the CK convention tomorrow.. I'm very excited. I've been dying to do something scrap-related!

Rhonda.. are we meeting on Sat? Pls let me know..

Joy, thanks for the tip on sewing. I forgot I actually have a book I just finished cutting out the patterns, will be actually trying to make the hats (for my friend who had chemo) over the weekend...

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to jellyziva

Hope they turn out great Shirley and have a great time at CK also. Give Rhonda a hug from me!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to NMlady

Hi TJ - I like the sound of that conference!! Pool lounging is deffinately something I would love to do on my 2 weeks off!
Shirley - Ooohhhh a CK convention!!! I can't wait to do some scrapping - can't wait to see what you find!!
Joy - Goodevening, goodafternoon, goodmorning - I'm never sure what time of the day it is anymore

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Hi babes!!

I am going to try and catch up! Try is the key word there. I feel SO far behind! I apologize for not being here a lot lately. I've just been so caught up in everything else. I'm ready for summer!! I've been on Spring Break this week, and it has been so nice to just do nothing. I didn't go anywhere. I stayed home everyday and cleaned house and made cards! Loved it! I told Andrew I could get used to that. LOL! He took off work for three days because he had some vacation time to use and worked outside. I enjoyed having him around! Our anniversary is next week - the 18th! I can't believe it has already been a year!

Before I forget, I wanted to let y'all know about my friend Corinna's sale in her store. She owns a store called Ribbon Carousel, but they sell so much more than ribbon! I get paper and embellies there, too. Anyway, she is having 40% off the whole store (except the ribbon kit club) until Monday with the coupon code BDAY40. I won't link the store for fear of getting mopped, but you can Google Ribbon Carousel, and it should come right up.

Rhonda - Hugs...I am so sorry to hear about the family issues! I hope they are letting you see Aubri now! I see that post was back in March, so I'm not sure how far behind I am!

Lisa - That's awesome that y'all were able to help out your kids like that! I hope everything works out for them!

Shannon - I had to laugh at your scrapbooking news. I have some news too...I made a scrapbook page last weekend! Yes, I did!! ME! Can you believe that?! I am going to post it to my blog this weekend. I might actually have to come upload it to the gallery here.

Shirley - It's important to have "you" time, too!
I hope your leg is feeling better! Hugs!

Dana - I hope that scrapbooking project goes easily for you! I know just what you mean about not being able to say no! I hope she pays you very well! You're right... people just don't know how much of our time goes into projects like this! To me, it's just not worth it. People always say to me, "you should sell that." However, people don't realize it took me hours to do, plus cost of supplies, etc. I do sell my cards inexpensively, but that's just because it's better than them collecting dust on my shelf!

Cathy - I hope your therapy starts to help soon rather than give more pain!

Joy - I've been thinking of y'all! Sending good thoughts and hugs!

TJ - I know I'm VERY late, but I hope you had a good birthday!

Sarah - Congrats on your new job!! I hope you are happy and stress-free!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to CraftyCandace

I went back a whole month and didn't have much to catch up on. In a way that was good for me because I wasn't so overwhelmed, but I guess we have all just been so busy with life! Big hugs for all!! I think about you babes all the time...my sweet friends!!

I'm sure some of you saw me fussing on Facebook about my blog drama. If you didn't, I don't want to go into all the details, but basically someone else had my same blog name and because she was purchasing a Trademark on that name, I had to delete mine. If I didn't, they were going to pursue legal action. I got really aggravated about it and then just decided to take the high road and start fresh. It was frustrating, and I lost so many followers, but it has taken me about a week to get 50 followers back! I'm so grateful to everyone for their support!!! I know a few of you have found me over there, but my new blog is www.creativelycandace.blogspot.com, and I'm even doing a little blog candy!!

After I made the new blog, I realized my blog title was not grammatically correct. LOL!! However, I had already created it and told everyone about it, so I said I'll just have to be the English teacher with the incorrect blog title. haha!

Edited by CraftyCandace on 04-13-12 01:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappyPrincess
Idol
ScrappyPrincess
In response to CraftyCandace

Hey all! Hope you are doing well. This has been a busy week at work and for the 3rd week in a row, I'll have more than 40 hours. I like those paychecks, but I hate the extra time spent away from my family. Speaking of Family, My Poppa is having surgery on Monday to have Colon Cancer removed, and my mom has been having trouble with her heart, and called me tonight to tell me that when she was at the Dr. today they told her she HAS to have a pacemaker put in... immediately! So, she is having surgery on Monday also... I'm torn, because she and my grandpa will be at 2 different hospitals, about 100 miles apart. I took the day off, and was planning on going to the hospital with my brothers, Mom, and Aunts to be there for Grandpas surgery, but now I'm thinking maybe I should be with my Mom. Please keep our entire family in your prayers. We sure need them right now.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics