Username Post: ***The Sassy Blinging Babes***        (Topic#1554575)
CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to ScrappyPrincess

• ScrappyPrincess Said:
Hey all! Hope you are doing well. This has been a busy week at work and for the 3rd week in a row, I'll have more than 40 hours. I like those paychecks, but I hate the extra time spent away from my family. Speaking of Family, My Poppa is having surgery on Monday to have Colon Cancer removed, and my mom has been having trouble with her heart, and called me tonight to tell me that when she was at the Dr. today they told her she HAS to have a pacemaker put in... immediately! So, she is having surgery on Monday also... I'm torn, because she and my grandpa will be at 2 different hospitals, about 100 miles apart. I took the day off, and was planning on going to the hospital with my brothers, Mom, and Aunts to be there for Grandpas surgery, but now I'm thinking maybe I should be with my Mom. Please keep our entire family in your prayers. We sure need them right now.

Oh, Shannon, so sorry to hear all of this happening at once! Your family has been through so much lately! Praying for all involved! Hugs!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to CraftyCandace

My prayers are with you Shannon. How scary this must be for you.

Candace, glad to see you're feeling better.

I've been working on organizing all the photos I have of Jolene tonight. I meant to go to sleep early because I have lots to do tomorrow, but once I got started I just couldn't stop. Many times I started weeping like I was mourning her.
Nothing is happening fast enough to suit me. I was reading some of the court documents a few nights ago and read where Seth had the nerve to say he had been Jolene's primary caretaker the entire time.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Cathy, I was hoping that the hydrotherapy would fix your hip. So it will most likely be surgery now, right?

The first available appt to get back into the surgeon was June 4. But his assistant called me, she saw me show up on the schedule and has moved me up to April 30. So I won't know what the next step is until then.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

I just skimmed through the posts to catch up. Gotta run off to a day of baseball games and events for the Babe Ruth League.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple

Hi everyone just checking in via my cell. I will have to catch up later. Up early cause DD has prom today. Well actually her boyfriends prom since she is only a sophomore. Her boyfriend asked me yesterday if there would be a lot of pics before prom!! I laughed, such a funny question to ask a scrapbooker!!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to purpledurple

Here is proof that I really did do a scrapbook page! Actually, it's a stampbook page since I used my stamps on it!

I Love You By CraftyCandace

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps

Hi babes!

Shannon my heart goes out to you and your family - goodluck and well wishes for both surgeries.

Joy - I can't believe the nerve of that BF saying he was primary carer - seriously where does he get off! Sorry, hubby is off to court tomorrow to help defend a friend from work who is facing false allegations so I already have my back up about that - I hope karma gets that boy and his family
Cathy - hope the weather is beautiful for the game!
Candace - I'll have to go change over my link for your new blog - which looks great btw! Sorry you had to go through all that trouble - seems like that's all people want to cause these days!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to Sarah-Scraps

I'm looking at buying some washi tape - do I need another addiction?......

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps

So our family and another family tried to get together for a picnic today and all it's done is rain! So we ended up going to their place and still had a ton of fun. I was so relaxing, and I think knowing I didn't have work tomorrow really helped. Amber and I are planning to go to the city for the day and do girl stuff. She's got a pupil free day and then - I'm going to scrap my little heart out for the week! I also plan on doing a major spring clean - only it'll be Autumn!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps

Hi babes!
Spent the day with Amber today doing girl stuff. We went to the city - scored $5 parking (normally it would cost about $45), then we shopped and walked about the city, had lunch, ooh and aah over shoes, handbags and jewellery then made the trip home in time to see DH off to work and pick Sophia up from daycare. Phew and yes my feet are tired, but in a good way! It was raining on and off all day so the weather was nice and cool for all our walking - plus we had gift cards to spend!! I found out the gift card that one of my little boys gave me as a farewell present was worth $50!!! Amber also got one for Easter for $25 so we had a ton of fun finding something to buy!

The rain has just started again, and I'm about to curl up with my book (The Hunger Games) and then skip off to the land of nod.... Nighty night babes!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Shannon.. and prayers for your family! It must have been so stressful but please hang in there!

Joy.. I'm sorry that Seth is being so deceptive, and I believe his family will lie and cheat at the court under the guidance of their lawyer. I continue to pray for you and Abby and for wisdom for her lawyer, and I hope that Abby will fight this hard fight... she's the mother, and no one should be able to take away a child from a mom like that.

Cathy... I hope that you'll get some relief soon! Been praying for you and will continue to do so. I hope you had fun at the game!

Dana.. that's so funny about pics for the prom. Did you match your daughter's dress to your pp though?

Candace... WTG! You actually scrapped!!! LOL about your blog title...

Sarah.. I'm so glad you're at the happier workplace and it seems like you're having a lot of family fun too! I love reading your updates and seeing the cute pics you post on FB. They make my day!

hello to the babes I've missed!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I went to CKC on Friday and took 3 classes. I was hoping for more technique classes and only got that out of 1 of them. One of the other classes made up for it in value (the supply includes a whole pack of BG paper which cost almost the same as the class fee at full retail price). The other one is from an online store that sells BG papers, and normally she teaches a lot of technique... and usually the most popular class at the convention. However, this year, I felt kind of 'meh' about it. I don't know if it's me, or that I've learned more technique than I realize over the years or what..

Anyway, the mini-album class was fun. The album is cute, and the techniques they taught (a couple of album 'closure' techniques) are fun.

I met up with Rhonda on Sat. Parking was a nightmare since there was a bike race/festival going on right outside the convention center, and roads were blocked off. Finally I found a spot and met Rhonda inside and we had fun shopping together... well, more browsing than shopping. We did stop by a store that sells embossing paste and that got me. But we had a great chat with the lady... and I got to meet Masha who came along with Rhonda.. she's so cute.. and Rhonda told me she makes incredible stuff too!

So just like the past years, I only spent a little at the $1 store and at Queen & Co store since they have these cute blingy borders, $10 for 12 of those.. I then went over the my local sb store and got some more pp (yes, feeding my addiction, as I'm obviously not using up any) using the discount coupon in the convention program.

I better get some scrapping going, right?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

My weekend was packed... there's the convention, then DD had 2 friends over for sleepover, and I helped them make some cards and layouts (does that count as mine? 'cos if it does I 'made' 3 cards and 3 LOs - ).

On Sun I went to visit my friend who's going thru chemo. I sewn her a cap, thanks to Rhonda's help in 'reading' the patterns, as I've never used a pattern before because I've only sewn rectangular things in my life such as curtains and bags... After some hilarious misses, I finally figured out how to use the patterns and how to put together the cap. These beautiful silky fabrics were on sale at Js last week and so I bought some to make more for her. I just want to cheer her up as her last 2 sessions were a challenge for her.

I'm thinking now that I learned how to make these, perhaps I can send some to the Hospice home that I visited with my women's group. The lady in charge really wanted me to volunteer there, and I would love to but the schedule doesn't work out. Perhaps this is a small way I can help out...

Anyway, we also visited a Nepali church (these are all Nepali refugees who have been chased out of their homes by the government because they were of a different ethnic descent. They've been living in Nepal for generations. It is very sad. Although they have been granted permissions to stay here, they have a very tough time adjusting to a completely life (compared to living in the mountain villages). We brought our kids along, hoping they learned something, but probably not. They only notice DH giving them a soccer ball because none of the kids have one and they've been playing with oranges instead. Good skills developed, i would say, just like the Brazilian soccer stars, I think they used to play with oranges too.

Anyway, it's going to be a busy busy week ahead.. besides my PT (pain is really NOT going away, and I so want to run), I have to prepare for the women's retreat in May. And other stuff.. Just crazy.

However, I still intend to get back into scrapping. You babes are my witness that I will do that

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to jellyziva

Shirley, I'm glad that Rhonda was able to help you out with the pattern. I think it is awesome that you are making these hats for your friend.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

• CraftyCandace Said:
Here is proof that I really did do a scrapbook page! Actually, it's a stampbook page since I used my stamps on it!

I Love You By CraftyCandace

Super cute!!! This is a fantastic example how to use stamps on your SB LOs!! I have seen quite a few people ask that on the general threads before.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Karen3066

Shirley - you amaze me! That is so cool that you made those hats for your friend!! Hugs and prayers to you and her!!

And thanks for your prayers. I am feeling some relief! My hip is much more stable. There is still pain in just about every movement. But I am walking upright and I can walk just about around the block before I can't take it anymore! Some days are worse then others - the more activity - the more I feel it. But I am no longer using a cane!!

I see the surgeon again on the 30th. We'll see what he has to say then.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 04-19-12 10:20 AM
In response to scrappycath

Hi Babes....
I'm so sorry that I have been absent....it seems like I'm sleeping about 16 to 20 hours a day....I did get my act together and make it to the convention....I think if Masha hadn't commited herself from making the trip all the way from Tucson, I may have not gone at all..It was fun watching her tho, she was so overwhelmed, havingnot ever been to a convention. She did alot of shopping...and instead of spending my normal $300 , I and so I spent less than $120...there are a few things that I regret not getting, but nothing major.
It was good to see Shirley...we didn't get to go have lunch...they had the major roads shut down because of the bicycle festival, which made it impossible to get anywhere.
It was a really long day...I had to get up at 2:30 and get Dustin to the airport to go to Kansas to pick up his family...I made Bob go, I don't drive in the dark, and I knew that I would be too tired to drive myself home...so , I dropped him at his niece's house to hang out for the day. It all worked out..then I slept for the next 3 days, to recoup.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 04-19-12 10:23 AM
In response to rtay

It sounds like so many of you have been having a tough time..
Cathy....sorry that the water treatment isn't doing you any good....maybe surgery is the only answer.
Shannon...(((hugs))) you sure have been going thru the ringer lately. Hopefully life calms down for you soon.
Joy...I don't even know what to say to you about all that Abby and Jolene, and you have been going thru...you have my prayers.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 04-19-12 10:34 AM
In response to rtay

About the dress form swap.....I still have Dana's sitting in my studio...I see it everyday, unfinished....I just haven't had the mojo to work on it....I have all these other things that I've collected to send with it...but finishing the dress form itself....I just seem to have no energy. I feel horible about it, because I hosted this....and I'm a bad hostess!!! Lately anyways.
I wish my health was better....it would certainly make a difference.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to rtay

Hi Rhonda! sending you a gentle {hug}

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics