Username Post: ***The Sassy Blinging Babes***        (Topic#1554575)
scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to KellyCali

Welcome home Kelly! So glad all is going well.

I wanted to see the Avengers too. I'll have to wait until it is out on video. We got to see them filming it last summer when we were in Cleveland.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to scrappycath

Welcome home Kelly!!

The Avengers was AWESOME!! How Cool that you got to see it being filmed, Cathy!!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to Karen3066

Welcome home Kelly!! I might I say a huge warm thankyou for my wonderful box of goodies!! Oh I was nearly crying at all the treasures in that box!!! Of course the girls have already claimed some things, by I told them to keep their paws of my gorgeous scentsy cupcake!!!! I wondered why everything smelled so yummy as I was pulling it out of the box until I came to the cupcake!! The sniffer dogs would have had a field day on that box at the airport. So sad you won't be living so close any more but so happy and excited for you to be safe on US soil again.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Sarah-Scraps

I think most of you are my friends on Facebook so you can see the pictures of the wonderful time we had with Jolene for her birthday party. It was a nice day.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 07-02-12 07:22 AM
In response to NMlady

HI Babes...
Just wanted to pass thru and let you all know that I'm still alive...it's been so hot, but, I also know that it's hot everywhere, so I shouldn't complain.
Drew, Marissa and Aubri were up for the weekend, and we went out to the lake on Saturday....so, I'm a little sunburned, and worn out.
I have to go get all my testing done this week....can't put if off anylonger. The migraine meds are helping some.
Shontel is coming to clean today, so I can't be one here long...I need to figure out what she will be doing today.
Kelly...so glad your back and that you got housing so fast! Enjoy Cali...the pacific coast is the only cool place in the nation right now..

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to rtay

Good morning everyone!

Kelly~Welcome back, to both the states and here! I'm sure you had a fantastic time loving on those new nieces of yours.

Joy~Jolene's little outfit was so adorable, and she's so beautiful. I'm so happy you all finally got to celebrate with her!

Rhonda~Good luck with your testing this week. The heat that you and Shirley are in is just wicked. Everyone thinks a dry heat is sooooo much better, and it is to a point. But once you hit that point, it's just as bad as being here in the southeast IMHO.

Hi to Shirley, Shannon, Lisa, Dana, Karen, Cathy, Sarah, and TJ! I hope I didn't miss anyone

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

I survived the tent this weekend. Talk about heat, the heat index was about 105 all weekend. We had a decent breeze most of the time, which certainly helped. It was very reminiscent of working the tent at the Manassas anniversary last year in terms of the weather. I am fortunately done with tents for this year. I think the rest of the sesquicentennial events we will help atn this year will be indoors LOL.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
I think most of you are my friends on Facebook so you can see the pictures of the wonderful time we had with Jolene for her birthday party. It was a nice day.

I really enjoyed seeing those pictures Joy!! I'll bet it was a wonderful time!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
I survived the tent this weekend. Talk about heat, the heat index was about 105 all weekend. We had a decent breeze most of the time, which certainly helped. It was very reminiscent of working the tent at the Manassas anniversary last year in terms of the weather. I am fortunately done with tents for this year. I think the rest of the sesquicentennial events we will help atn this year will be indoors LOL.

Thank goodness for indoors and AC! Did you get hit by any of the straight line winds in the storms this past weekend? Hope you are all safe!!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

Thanks Cathy. We did get hit last Monday, but the worst we had was the tempered glass top to our patio table shattered when the winds tossed the table around. Otherwise some limbs down and we lost power for a few hours. We had an amusing moment when some cows discovered a hole in their fence and headed into the neighborhood here. My next door neighbor and another neighbor got into their trucks and herded them back to the hole. We had tornados in the area as well, but nothing touched down near us. Definately some crazy weather. I know NJ got hit pretty hard late last week, but how did you fare?

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to DaniKat

Hi girls!
Joy I just loved seeing your precious girls' photos on FB!!
Dani - wow tornados and a smashed table, nasty!! Although seeing cows hooning around free as a bird would look kinda funny!
Rhonda - so hard to imagine the hot weather when I was freezing and chattering this morning at 4.30am while getting ready and going to work! It was only 5 degrees! (41F) Hope it's not knocking you about too much.
Cathy - how are you feeling? I just wanted to say that I received a special necklace in my parcel from Kelly that was created by you!! I was so excited (I'm still finding treasures inside of treasures in that box!). I've been wearing it around everywhere and even took it to the city to ride the giant ferris wheel (it goes 60m/196.8ft up in the air!!) It's just beautiful, thankyou!
Hello to all the babes out there melting. I'll gladly take some of you heat instead of sitting in front of the heater! I really despise being cold!

Had a great day at work, took Zeus for a walk and had a run in with my (not very bright or nice) neighbour. I now have a migraine, but it's slowly receding and I'm able to see again. I'm really loving having a little furry companion to take walking, even if he wanders terribly, tries to tangle me up and wets himself if a big dog scares him! He is only 10 weeks old though, so we have puppy school to attend yet!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Sarah-Scraps

Sarah/Danica - Thank you for teh scattering of happiness you recently left in my gallery. Such a sweet treat!

Sarah - to answer your questions posted on this card
Victorian Birthday Card By Scrappycath

The ribbon is some old seam binding. I colored it using spray ink.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Thanks Cathy. We did get hit last Monday, but the worst we had was the tempered glass top to our patio table shattered when the winds tossed the table around. Otherwise some limbs down and we lost power for a few hours. We had an amusing moment when some cows discovered a hole in their fence and headed into the neighborhood here. My next door neighbor and another neighbor got into their trucks and herded them back to the hole. We had tornados in the area as well, but nothing touched down near us. Definately some crazy weather. I know NJ got hit pretty hard late last week, but how did you fare?

So glad the damage was not worse for you!! We were not hit at all, you could almost draw a straight line where the damage ended and that was about 10 miles south east of us.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Sarah - that is so cool that Kelly you sent you a necklace I made! I'm glad to know that you are enjoying it!

The Ferris wheel goes too high! I don't think I could ride on that!! You are brave!

I'm still frustrated about the lack of continuity in my care because of the way my insurance handles the physical therapy. I'm now 4 weeks without any therapy and it is such a critical time. My body is healing and not being manipulated to the way it should be. I'm progressing myself on my own. Trying to find out and do exercises that should help.

I'm still in a lot of pain. But not the joint pain that I had prior to surgery. This is muscle/tendon pain and the pinched nerve. My sleep is constantly interrupted by pain.

I have progressed myself down from the crutches to a cane. Although I had less pain while on the crutches, I know that I need to increase the weight bearing on the leg to help it return into the socket, and to help the muscles reattach to the bone.

Plus - I really don't want to have to cart crutches along on our vacation. I'm not sure how much touring I'll be able to do, I've only been able to walk about 1/2 a block before everything swells up and becomes too painful. I may just have to spend more time sipping Mai tai's on the beach!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OK girls - I really need to get a decent picture of me to change my profile pic. I haven't look like that in a long while!

With me being unemployed, one of the ways I have been saving money is to not get my hair done. I think I told you about my husband trimming my hair a few months ago? It looked like chevrons! I had to get my sister to trim it straight! LOL

Well, I broke down yesterday. I was so tired of always having my hair pulled back, with all of my wrinkled forehead showing. So I went and got my hair cut.

I always get so nervous about getting my hair cut, that they won't do it in a way that I like. I don't know why I get that way, it's hair, it will grow again! Since my hair has finally grown long, I wanted to keep the length, but give it some shape. And I wanted bangs back - but not really. Not to much to ask, is it? LOL

So here's what it looked like, before and after!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I hope that those in the US are having a wonderful July 4th celebration!! And all you gals outside the US, have a terrific day!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Very nice hairdo, Cathy! Hope your recovery goes well despite not being able to see a PT... why does your insurance not allow you see a PT? LIke you said it's such a critical point now!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Edited by jellyziva on 07-04-12 06:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
Very nice hairdo, Cathy! Hope your recovery goes well despite not being able to see a PT... why does your insurance not allow you see a PT? LIke you said it's such a critical point now!

They allow it. But they capitate you to a particular PT location based on your primary doctor. The PT location that I am capitated to is small and does not have the equipment to provide the variety of therapy that is required. So they then have to contract out to a location that does have it. Very frustrating!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

Hi Ladies!

Cathy, LOVE your new haircut! I'm sorry you're having so much difficulty getting the PT you need.

Sarah, it sounds like Zeus is a great addition to the family. It sounds like you're really enjoying him. Boooo to nasty neighbors!

Hi Shirley!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics