Username Post: ***The Sassy Blinging Babes***        (Topic#1554575)
DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

We had a fun Fourth. We drove up to DC (with no traffic, it's about 2 hours from my doorstep to my sister's) and spent the day up there. My mom and sister had some Annalise time while my BIL took me, DH and the boys around. We drove around for a bit first because of the heat, but a lot of streets were blocked for the festivities. We decided on going to the Natural History Museum part of the Smithsonian and spent all afternoon there. There were SOOOO many people there, but we had a good time. Then we had a cookout, and when it got dark, walked to a part of the neighborhood where we could view the fireworks in DC (my sister lives just outside of DC and their townhouse community is up on a hill). After the fireworks were done, we booked it out of town to beat the traffic coming out of DC. It was nice because DH was able to join us. We're both really getting tired of his schedule.

Hope everyone else had a fun day! Sarah, does Australia have an Australia Day or Independence Day too?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DaniKat

Dani - so glad you had some family time. Both immediate and extended!!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to scrappycath

Hi everyone!! So sorry I've been MIA! My laptop started acting crazy, and I had to take it to get it fixed. I was without it for two weeks. I have a desktop, but I hate to use it because it is so old and SLOW! The laptop has me spoiled because I can lounge on the couch with it.

Things have been really busy here lately. The summer is just flying by. I'm going on a work-related trip to Orlando and leaving next Thursday, so I don't look to slow down anytime soon, but I am enjoying the summer.

I wanted to let all of you know I'm thinking of you!! Big hugs to everyone!

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to CraftyCandace

Here's my new baby!!!
Zeus By Sarah-Scraps
He's so much fun, and he's getting me off my big butt and going walking again!!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to Sarah-Scraps

Oh Sarah, he looks so little compared to the photo on FB! What an adorable little guy!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

Candace, have a safe trip and a good time in Orlando!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to DaniKat

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking about picking back up on going to school. I stopped last year after I finished the spring semester because of the new job. I like what I do, but I'm not sure I'll want to keep doing it. I had put the whole school thing on the back burner, but after talking with a friend (the wife of DH's friend who recently died), I feel like I would really like to pursue it. What to do, what to do......

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DaniKat

Hello, babes.. just wanna stop by to say hello!

Candace.. going to Orlando would be fun.. even if it's for work!

Sarah.. Zeus is sooo cute... I hope your crazy neighbor is not bothering you any more

Dani Glad you had a great July 4th! If you go back to school, will it be part-time? I know many moms who have young kids take 2-3 classes each semester (sometimes in the evening/nite when their family can take care of the kids).... it should work out

Rhonda.. hope you're feeling better!

Cathy.. hope you're getting better each day! The insurance/PT thing is quite frustrating! I hope you can get PT back eventually!

Kelly... are you settling down? Can't wait to hear about your new place, your new room.. and ... more organizing??? You're so close to me, perhaps we can crop together one of these days!!!

We had a great July 4th too.. it was just DD and me, and I took her to a local park to see the fireworks so it's less crazy (the actual fireworks were done from a church... from the looks of it, ppl will have to be there several hours earlier to get in). We had a little picnic because it was a NICE day (meaning BELOW 100F!!!)
It was the nicest 4th we've had!

After that, we found out DD had strep, and I caught something too.. so it wasn't too nice..... we were both sick over the weekend. And feeling better now...

My laptop died and so I got it fixed, this week it's back, but it's taking 2 days to recover from the backup I last made before the trip. I honestly do not remember what I saved after the trip

DH and DS are back! We're a whole family again!

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to jellyziva

Glad the family is all back together Shirley..and that you and DD are feeling better.

Dani - what kind of classes would you be taking if you go back?

I had a phone interview the other day. I'm hoping they liked me enough to do an actual interview! I should know something by the tomorrow or first of next week. I really wish I had time to take some classes too..I could always do online classes but I don't know if I want to go that route. DH works afternoons and evenings so with work (eventually) and kids it doesn't leave a lot of time!

I have done a couple of lo's since I've been off...really need to kick that it gear and get more accomplished.

Hope everyone is surviving this heat...we have only been in the 90's for the last couple of days. It's been a nice break from the triple digits we have been seeing.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DaniKat

• DaniKat Said:
Call me crazy, but I'm thinking about picking back up on going to school. I stopped last year after I finished the spring semester because of the new job. I like what I do, but I'm not sure I'll want to keep doing it. I had put the whole school thing on the back burner, but after talking with a friend (the wife of DH's friend who recently died), I feel like I would really like to pursue it. What to do, what to do......

OMG - what a tough decision. Even now I still love the thought of going back to school. I just LOVE learning!! But my life would not allow me the time to commit to anything more than a class of interest here or there. To go back to a whole new field of study is a big undertaking. But if it will bring joy and fulfillment to your life....

Good luck with your decision!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Still no PT, I'm not able to walk much. So I arranged for a wheel chair for vacation. I'm a bit bummed and feeling like a burden to my family. But hopefully this will allow me to keep up with them and they won't feel like they are missing out on anything because mom can't make it!

I hope you girls all have a wonderful week!

Aloha!

P.S. Please don't post anything on Facebook about me being away or on vacation. I really don't like people knowing we are not home. Thanks!

Edited by scrappycath on 07-13-12 04:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to purpledurple

I know I don't really share my projects here, I don't like putting them "in your face" so to speak. But I wanted to share this one. It is Patrick and his girlfriend. They are just so cute together that I wanted to share it!!

Sweet Hearts By Scrappycath

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Hey babes!

I can see & tell that everyone is busy right about now with both life & summertime activities & travel.

So, for July...We moved into our new house on the 2nd. Stuck around for the 4th & rested. Made a trip back to my parents house this past week, picked up the rental truck & emptied out our storage (took all day, it was 108 in the shade, but if you'll believe it, it was STILL cooler in the high desert than Guam ever was!)...Spent the night. Woke up early & drove back home. Then, unloaded. Which by the way, only took us 1 & 1/2-2 hrs to unload (waay easier than loading!)

Fast forward to today. Our vehicle is still sitting down in L.A. at the port. Our main (aka real) shipment of household goods arrives tomorrow! Soo, basically, I'll be busy with that for the next 2 days & into the weekend. Thankfully, Chris had 10 days off to settle in, otherwise, I don't know how we would have gotten everything accomplished! Whew!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

My niece Allison will be turning 1 very soon. She's having her birthday party the weekend after next. I'm thinking about getting her a bouncy pony or something she can scoot along on. She's a very active baby (just like my brother was!) and she's just steps away from walking! Right now, she's totally into bouncing! (Crazy lil' monkey!)

Right after Allison's party, my youngest is turning 12. I'm trying to plan a Retro/Rainbow Party for her. I'll probably keep it pretty simple (Backyard BBQ), since we might not be fully unpacked by then! Deciding who all to invite (since I have a huge family), is not the fun part of the planning.

Right about now, I'd be thrilled just to find/or find the time to possibly make some change of address cards! lol. I'm hoping to just print some, as well as some new mailing labels.

p.s. Note to self - need to buy a BBQ!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to jellyziva

• jellyziva Said:
Kelly... are you settling down? Can't wait to hear about your new place, your new room.. and ... more organizing??? You're so close to me, perhaps we can crop together one of these days!!!

Shirley, I am settling in, but not so much settled quite yet (So, um, kinda!) lol.

During the waiting time, we went out to get the basics (pillows, sheets, air mattresses, towels, tolietries, shower curtains, etc.)

I had packed a couple of journals, daily devotional books, some sewing & even some coupons. Between those 3 things, I had enough to keep me busy in my downtime If not, then also the mini laptop, setting up a new address book & lastly, playing Jeopardy & Words With Friends on my ipod.

Once we moved in, I started gardening up a storm. We have roses. We were also given 4 new rose bushes. And then this weekend, we bought 2 new bushes, an Iceburg Rose Bush & a John F. Kennedy Rose Bush. Pruning, weeding & decorating has been a great way to keep me busy & has kept my soul refreshed, grateful & at perfect peace!

Ask me again tomorrow how I feel. Unpacking & organizing is most likely going to take me forever & a day!

p.s. Absolutely Shirley! And Rhonda too! Scrapping, meeting & a girls day in is certainly in our future! Once I get officially settled, I can set something up, plot & plan!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Before I forget, I'll be sure to go add my new addy to our group mailing list.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to KellyCali

Hi Babes~
KELLY! Thank you for the goodies!! I can't believe in the midst of packing for a move you took the time to be so thoughtful! I was so surprised!! It sounds like you are settling in at your own pace in a wonderful way. I have roses and I agree. It is so calming to sit in my little rose garden and prune and weed. Even in the summer when they only give me a bloom once in a while. They hate the heat, too! Fortunately we have had plenty of rain in Florida this year so they are doing pretty well.
Oldest ds is getting married here August 25th so we are up to our eyeballs in plans. I am happy to say that his fiancée is very laid back and just a wonderful girl. We love her so much and feel so grateful that he found such an amazing woman to spend his life with.
I will try to get caught up on gallery love in the next few days. I see that some of the Babes have actually been creating. I'm excited to see! I was explaining to future dil what my wishblade can do if she wants to make anything for the wedding and she had never heard of a die cut machine. She was shocked any such thing existed! I'm excited to help her make some things.
Love to all the Babes!
Tj

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to momany

Hi babes - Kelly it's so wonderful hearing of all your unpacking and future planning. You sound so happy to be back on home soil!!

Cathy - you have totally inspired me to start digi scrapping! I'm not giving up paper scrapping, but for this year's album I think digi scrapping is the way to go. I can't believe 7 months is almost passed and I haven't started on one layout for the year! I have never been THAT behind! So I bought some digi scrapping packs and now in my free time I can scrap away without pulling all my stuff out. Then I can learn to create digi scrapped cards!!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to Sarah-Scraps

Hi ladies!! After some thought, I've decided to leave my spot here in the group. I'm just overwhelmed with a lot of things lately, and I don't get time to come here and chat like I should (or like I used to). You have all been such wonderful friends to me, and I thank you so much for the love and kindness that you've always shown to me. I appreciate your sweet friendship! I hope you all understand. I will keep in touch on Facebook! Hugs for everyone!!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to CraftyCandace

So sad to see you go, Candace! But I understand you have so many things going on! Best of luck with everything and let's keep in touch in FB!

Please continue to share your projects on FB, I really love seeing them.

And post here if you like to.. I think most of us have not been posting much this summer. Maybe things will get back to normal in the fall....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics