Page 4 of 359 
Username Post: ***The Sassy Blinging Babes***        (Topic#1554575)
KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to ScrappyPrincess

Joy, you're so right about Easter being later. Very good point! I completely didn't even think about that!

You're Welcome Karen! I'm sure whatever you do will be beautiful, since it's from your heart!

Again, Congrats Candace!

How did your rainy day campus tour/visit go Cathy? Hopefully, the rain wasn't too bad!?

Congrats on the Love Challenge Cyndi!!

Thanks for hosting for February Noelle!!

Hi Rhonda! Rest up my dear, Take it easy & glad to have you back this week!

Hi Kristy, when you get here! You've been missed!

Sarah, I meant to tell you that I wish you nothing but good things with your next 6 month job adventure! I know you'll make the job extra fun!

Hi Shirley!!

Shannon, I'm imagining how fun your little boys make standing in the corner, hanging out & being cool!...As in, it's where all the cool boys hang out!

Babes that might need a reminder message or pm...

Hi Ya! We're Over Here!

Colleen
Dana
Dani
Lisa
TJ

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

So, today I was thinking, since...

1) We have a brand new thread

2) We have had some wonderful new ladies join us this past year!

3) And or the thread has been a bit slow in SBB Land (most likely because of busyness & or making the transition)

Just For Fun...

- How did everyone first come to end up in this group?

- Who did you meet first?

- Out of the 5 threads total, how many have you been part of?

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I forgot to come back to share that as of today, I am only 1 pesky pound from finally losing 10 whole pounds! (For me, that's big!)

And even though I think that I'm probably right on track (not too much, not to little) & have completely started eating differently...I have to admit that as far as the exercise area goes, I haven't been trying my best.

I so need to break my lack-of-exercise cycle.

I really need to make time for it & make it a priority!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-08-11 02:28 AM
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
I forgot to come back to share that as of today, I am only 1 pesky pound from finally losing 10 whole pounds! (For me, that's big!)

And even though I think that I'm probably right on track (not too much, not to little) & have completely started eating differently...I have to admit that as far as the exercise area goes, I haven't been trying my best.

I so need to break my lack-of-exercise cycle.

I really need to make time for it & make it a priority!

YAY!!! for you Kelly,
even tho I have my scale here, I have not been using it, but I do have a doctors appt early in the morning...Sadly, I've had too much candy lately, with Valentine's Day passing and Easter comming up, and of course it being Girl Scout cookie season, the sweets are everywhere I turn.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 03-08-11 03:54 AM
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Joy, you're so right about Easter being later. Very good point! I completely didn't even think about that!

You're Welcome Karen! I'm sure whatever you do will be beautiful, since it's from your heart!

Again, Congrats Candace!

How did your rainy day campus tour/visit go Cathy? Hopefully, the rain wasn't too bad!?

Congrats on the Love Challenge Cyndi!!

Thanks for hosting for February Noelle!!

Hi Rhonda! Rest up my dear, Take it easy & glad to have you back this week!

Hi Kristy, when you get here! You've been missed!

Sarah, I meant to tell you that I wish you nothing but good things with your next 6 month job adventure! I know you'll make the job extra fun!

Hi Shirley!!

Shannon, I'm imagining how fun your little boys make standing in the corner, hanging out & being cool!...As in, it's where all the cool boys hang out!

Babes that might need a reminder message or pm...

Hi Ya! We're Over Here! :wave:

Colleen
Dana
Dani
Lisa
TJ
Wendy

As for Wendy, I don't expect her to come back....
and the others may need a PM to find us....I'll get on that.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Karen3066

• Karen3066 Said:
Aw, thanks Shannon! I am relieved that I am not crazy for feeling like this!

Oh my goodness, Karen. Not at all!! to you for getting through that. I know it hurts right now, but I hope in some way it helped you.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

I'm miffed that for some reason the site did not take me to the last post that I had read in this thread. So I'm figuring out where I was and catching up. Sorry if I miss any important details!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Joy - so wonderful that Abby's place is coming together. It might be tight, but you've done a great job making it a place that she can call home!

Cyndi - congrats on the RAK win!!

Noelle - how's the new car?

Rhonda - the Ren Faire sounds fun!

Karen - eek - a photo I was supposed to send you a photo, so glad Rhonda mentioned it!! Will do that.

Kelly - congrats on the weight loss! That is a big deal! It is very difficult to do, I'm so proud of you and I envy you! I LOVE your motivational poster!!!

Hi to all else!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

The soggy rainy windy campus visit was amazing! I was so very impressed with the student ambassadors and the staff. They were so friendly and welcoming and very helpful. You were never more than a few feet away from the next ambassador even as you walked about the city streets in the pouring rain!

And it was an awesome experience for Chris (or any prospective student). He was able to speak directly with professors, deans, staff, current students and alumni. Of course he needed a bit of pushing to do so.

And I got to see that he was pretty good at navigating his way about the city/campus which made me feel better.

So all along Drexel has been his first choice. But he has not finalized his decision. He still has one other school to hear from which would be a non-city based campus and a bit closer to home. But in the afternoon of our visit, he said "Mom I think I've made up my mind, I belong here"

And I've not slept the past 2 nights due to worry. I'm hopeful he will succeed. He wants to go there with out making any disability arrangements. He thinks he will be OK. But when he realizes he will have to be the one to initiate conversation/action of any of his needs, he wishes there were a safety net. I think that he will be OK. I just wonder.... do we ever stop worrying about our children???

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to KellyCali

Just For Fun...

For me - I was asked to join by Dawn and Shirley.

Well, I knew Dawn, Shirley, Courtney and Ria from a different thread. Aside from them, the first person to welcome me to the group was Kristy!! I joined the day after Kelly (you were in CA at the time). After Kristy I think I first met Noelle, Bonnie, Rhonda, Cyndi, Melissa, Lisa, Sarah (we used to end up on at the same time a lot), Dani, Shannon, Candace, Julie

- Out of the 5 threads total, how many have you been part of? This is only my 2nd

clgdesign
Veteran
clgdesign

Hi made it. Thanks for letting me know rhonda. I had posted on te old one with out even realizing.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

3) And or the thread has been a bit slow in SBB Land (most likely because of busyness & or making the transition)

Just For Fun...

I joined this site in May of 2008, and I think I joined this group just a month or two later. I someone from the group at the time post a message on the General Scrapbooking board advertising for members, so I came over and joined. It was instant friendship!

Rhonda, Noelle, Sarah, Shannon, and some others that aren't in our group anymore. Sorry if I forgot someone. It's hard to think that far back!

I'm not sure because I know the group existed before I joined, but I've been a part of quite a few of them!

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to CraftyCandace

Noelle.... YAY for the RAK Thank you..

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to cynscrapgirl

Not much going on Just trying to get the feet ready for going back to work Ive been doing my own PT this time around Dr was okay with that since most of the exercises I can do on my own..

I may go get some really nice work shoes made by Dansko their a professional type work shoe but are highly rated for comfort I work w a lady that love's them.

http://zapp.me/7217113

cynscrapgirl
Idol
cynscrapgirl
In response to cynscrapgirl

I went and priced new Glasses at Americas Best which has a special 2 pairs of frames and exam for 69.99.. By the time I choose the two frames I wanted and put the Lenses I need it was 568.00 dollars so glad I went in and got a estimate before I did anything..I'm going to try a few more places before I choose my frames.
I'm excited to get some new Glasses my old pair broke and I spent over two hours last night determined to put the screw back in them I actually found the screw that fell out I must have tried ton of other one's in a kit I had before I found the Original screw in my purse.

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311
In response to CraftyCandace

• Candace M. Said:
  • KellyCali Said:

Just For Fun...

I joined this site in May of 2008, and I think I joined this group just a month or two later. I someone from the group at the time post a message on the General Scrapbooking board advertising for members, so I came over and joined. It was instant friendship!

Rhonda, Noelle, Sarah, Shannon, and some others that aren't in our group anymore. Sorry if I forgot someone. It's hard to think that far back!

I'm not sure because I know the group existed before I joined, but I've been a part of quite a few of them!

I Joined the group the same way Candace did. My answers are pretty much the same except I had joined in Feb of 2008.

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311
In response to Noelle311

Cathy- I LOVE my new car! It's so pretty and so much fun to drive. I plan to do a LO of my old car. I hung onto it for so long so it was a big part of me. Hard to let it go..

Cyndi- I will get your RAK together this weekend. I hope you like it!

Rhonda- I love the painting on your face.

Kelly- hope you get to the 10 pound mark soon. I weighed in at WW on Saturday. I lost another 2 pounds last week and am down 6 pounds total!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Noelle311

Hi Ladies!

Page 1 is up-to-date!

Just to let you all know, I've since added a Coming Events Calendar!

(Note: I've always wanted to include one & am happy to say that I finally got it done!)

Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see added (birthdays, anniversary's, celebrations, milestones, etc!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I always mean to celebrate, but forget Sweetest Day & Grandparent's Day!

Both of which actually happen to be 2 of my most favorite holidays!

It also made me smile to think that Joy will be able to celebrate her very 1st Grandparent's Day this coming year! How super sweet, am I right!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Speaking of holidays & whatnot...

Happy Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras Day!)

With today in mind & food in mind (for Chris), I am picking & choosing which foods not only he, but the girls & I might especially like for a themed dinner menu tonight!

Years back, I had an opportunity to spend a weekend in New Orleans & suddenly wish that I was there, seriously, just for the food alone! (BTW - I think it might be because I had only been able to try it once, that it was all so very good & has me thinking about it today).

Chris especially loves all the rices, okra, gumbo, etc. However, I am more about the seafood, corn on the cob, breads & let's face it, I think I'd loove to say that I've tried their traditional King's Cake! It just looks yummy!

(Candace, what do you think, is their a cupcake version?)

From my food blog today...

An Ode To Louisiana

http://sweetdayinthelife.blogspot.com/2011/03/ode-to-lo...

Possible Menu Ideas

* Citrus-Marinated Shrimp with Louis Sauce (depends on difficulty)

* New Orleans Red Beans and Rice (Chris)

* Chicken-and-Sausage Gumbo (Chris)

* Cajun Corn Maque Choux (Chris)

* Easy Mini Muffulettas (Sounds yummy!)

* Okra Creole (Chris)

* Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce (Sounds delish!)

* Traditional King Cake (recipe included below)

Traditional King Cake

http://sweetdayinthelife.blogspot.com/2011/03/tradition...

Candace, I have to only assume that you all probably celebrate?

Does your family decorate, cook or do anything extra special?

Page 4 of 359 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics