Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Any ideas for ribbon storage        (Topic#1554615)
heathersentries
Tenant
heathersentries

I am pretty sure there is a post on here but I am just too lazy to look. I don't really want to buy a ribbon organizer. Anyone know a good way to organize ribbon with maybe a shoebox or something? I have a drawer full of spools and scraps and I want to organize them so they are easier to find when I need them.

ShelleyD66
Veteran
ShelleyD66
In response to heathersentries

I use round metal rings and hang them all through there in their colours. I then put a nail in the side of my cupboard and hang them from that. I find that they dont get squashed or knotted this way and it's really easy to see what you have.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

you can search the galleries for ribbon storage or you can use the search function for the forums for ribbon storage. There are TONS of threads on it.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Seaexplore

I sort the scraps in little baggies that I bought from HL. The smaller rolls are sorted in a plastic container that has dividers. The larger rolls... well, mine are at a bit of a free for all right now! LOL

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to runzalot81

There are examples in the gallery of a homemade Pull-Ez, made with a shoebox. I have the actual Pull-Ez and I love it. It squishes down and becomes quite portable for crops.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen

I am thinking one of these might work. I just bought a bucket (not sure what it's actually called but that's what it looks like) and I will decorate it and put some of my ribbons and misc items in it.

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to cdsqueen

I made a variation of the ribbon purse above with one of the photo boxes that look like shoe boxes. I used my crop-a-dile to make a couple rows of holes.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to MommyMarci

I use a birdcage - a lot of people use wire dress forms. Both decorative and functional.
Ribbon Storage By Dwelch

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to dwelch

I have also seen a wire basket used for ribbon. very pretty tied all around!

ollychelle
Expert
ollychelle
In response to wilbur

I have a curtain tension rod for my spools. I like it for when I scrap at home. I do not like that it is not portable for crops. My smaller spools and scraps are in ziplocks or my ez ribbon purse. I have trouble with my ribbon getting tangled and not coming out easily in the purse though, so not a huge fan. I am thinking about trying the ribbon rings?? Since I buy too much ribbon I have a lot of trouble with this too : )

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to ollychelle

Here is what I do with most of my ribbon:

Ribbon Hangers By Penny Lane

sarah_bear621
Expert
sarah_bear621
In response to Penny Lane

I bought a couple deep plastic baskets which have a grid design on the sides, with holes. I lined up the rolls of ribbon inside the basket, and threaded each end through one of the holes out the side. By leaving the ribbon on their rolls, none of it gets squished or tangled together. This idea could be applied to a simple shoe box too, by cutting or punching holes on the sides big enough to thread the ribbon through. Hope you find something that works!

heathersentries
Tenant
heathersentries
In response to sarah_bear621

Thanks for the replys. I think I am going to go with the DIY pull easy. I have tons of shoe boxes so I need to make use of them.

nesser01
Resident
nesser01

I took mine off of the spools and wrapped them around popsicle sticks, the secured it with a pin. It takes up alot less room and now I have all the ribbon in one box instead of 6, with room to add more.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to nesser01

I use a old wood clothes hanger, I suspended a dowel from it and have my spools on that. For my ribbon that didn't come on a spool or the sraps I wrap them around sticks and hold with a straight pin and keep them in a tub.

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have had my ribbon the same for at least 5 years. It's one of the items I have never changed because it works SO perfectly for me. I have always used the 3 different Cropper Hopper sized boxes but now they only make the tiniest box. They discontinued the other two sizes. But I have found a box replacement. Yeah! You can see all details here. I love my ribbon storage, and I don't see changing it.

Tenant

I have mine wrapped around floss cards and sorted by color in a sectioned art bin box.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman

• heathersentries Said:
I am pretty sure there is a post on here but I am just too lazy to look. I don't really want to buy a ribbon organizer. Anyone know a good way to organize ribbon with maybe a shoebox or something? I have a drawer full of spools and scraps and I want to organize them so they are easier to find when I need them.

I've been using containers I get when I buy donuts to store my ribbon spools. You can see how I use them here: Cat's Ribbon Storage They're the perfect size and I can see what ribbons I have.

For the spools that I don't have these containers for, I use clear plastic shoe boxes. I wind the ribbon around card (like for embroidery floss) and sort them by colour.

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes
In response to cat_woman

I saw this on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/3511864/

Fast, easy and cheap!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Babys Got Blue Eyes

I use a towel rack and some shower curtain rings.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics