Username Post: Clogged spray mist?        (Topic#1554643)
sarah_bear621
Expert
sarah_bear621

I have a spray mist which is spraying out in a curved stream across my page, rather than equally in all directions. I have cleaned the little part where the mist actually comes out with a wet cloth, and there wasn't anything blocking it. Any ideas?? Thanks for your help!

bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej
In response to sarah_bear621

Maybe try rinsing the sprayer part off with hot water... or pick the hole with a pin. Hope you get it working. If not, take it back to the store and get another one.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to bbarthej

I have soaked the sprayed in super hot water for a few miuntes and then spray the hot water through it to clean it out. Works every time!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I pop the little top off and rinse it under warm water.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to runzalot81

my glimmer mist does this all the time. I pop off the little top part soak in hot water and then (this may be gross to you) I suck through the hole and clear it out. I used the can air for a while but Im out so I just do that..

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to planty

I learned in a class that you can hook up a can of compressed air to the nozzle, and blow the clog out.

I also learned to "swirl" not "shake". Shaking the bottle causes the glitter to clog.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Luvmyfam

yeah I never swirl it takes so dang long its' not funny!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Scrapbook Queen

• Scrapbook Queen Said:
I have soaked the sprayed in super hot water for a few miuntes and then spray the hot water through it to clean it out. Works every time!

i was going to suggest this

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 03-07-11 08:54 AM
In response to Just G

If you just can't get it to work, you can always put some of the mist in a mini-mister. Those are the best spray bottles!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Rae_M

Mini misters do rock and I have swapped out a few of those.

BUT, first...soak in hot water and use canned air to blow out the nozzle. That will usually take care of it.

Oh, and I don't care what classes or anyone tells you...you can shake that bottle!

Edited by Manda_K on 03-07-11 09:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
...Oh, and I don't care what classes or anyone tells you...you can shake that bottle!

Yes! I think they tell you to do that to cover up the fact that they don't spray worth a darn and to make you think that its your fault because your not swirling it. Its bunk as far as I'm concerned. I shake the ******** out of mine and have never had a problem.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics