Username Post: How do you clean your Cricut sticky mat?        (Topic#1554735)
ByLightOfMoon
New Kid On the Block
ByLightOfMoon

I have only used my Cricut machine twice and the sticky paper pad has residue on it from the previous paper. It was scrapbook paper and it looks like it left lint on the mat.

The second cut tore up when lifting off my cuttings and I just can't use it like this!
Help and Thanks!
Smiles, Cyndi

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to ByLightOfMoon

I use the Cricut spatula to remove cuttings from the mat. Sometimes you have to gently rock the paper away from the cut image parts.

To clean pieces of paper off the mat I use the spatula and the scrapper that comes in the Cricut tool kit.

Edited by dotfree on 03-08-11 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to dotfree

I have no issues with my mat, but how do you clean the sticky residue from the spatula?

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to AndieBee

to remove adhesive you can use adhesivie removers like goof off, goo be gone, goo gone, or UnDu
Products Referenced in This Post:

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Thank you!

ByLightOfMoon
New Kid On the Block
ByLightOfMoon
In response to AndieBee

Many thanks for your answers! I shall try the sticky roller like for clothing and I was using the spatula very carefully.

I used alcohol wipes like to clean my eyeglasses on the spatula and it worked good.

The Un-Do remover is another thing I will get also to have handy for many things.

I do appreciate your replies!
Smiles,Cyndi

conniewiser
New Kid On the Block
conniewiser
In response to ByLightOfMoon

I use baby wipes after I scrape it with the spatula.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to conniewiser

I use a baby wipe too when mine gets to full of "lint". It makes it sticky again.

nnylyssim
Tenant
nnylyssim
In response to purpledurple

I had that problem with my sticky mat. I just used good old fashion soap and water. And now its perfect.

jobugg
jobugg 
Resident
jobugg
In response to nnylyssim

Mine get like that to... i never did anything about it but i will try some of these things! [

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to jobugg

Baby wipes that are ALCOHOL FREE are the best at cleaning the paper lint of the sticky mats, people also use water and dish soap, lint rollers for clothes and the scrapper tool. Good luck!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to SarahWscraps

I do the dish soap & water thing. I use a scrub brush and clean with soap & water & let it dry. If it's still not sticky enough, I use the zig 2 way glue pen & go over it & then let that air dry. Works great!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics