Username Post: Song Lyrics...        (Topic#1554739)
janastephenson
New Kid On the Block
janastephenson

I am creating my wedding scrapbook and am wanting to make a page of mages from our first dance. the main background page the lyrics of the song we danced to--I would probably create this on some neutral toned paper--white, cream, maybe a light brown. I'm hoping to make the lyrics go all across the page, but not straight across. Maybe done an at angle.

How would I go about doing this? I don't want it to look pristine--but more of an aged look...I've been scrapping for a while but don't have any experience doing this. Any ideas as to what products, techniques, etc?

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to janastephenson

Are you hand writing or typing/printing the lyrics? You can always print on vellum or a transparency and attach it to the paper. Or use a word art function to type it at an angle.

I have done quite a few pages where to make it look aged you can distress the paper.

My favorite way is to tear the edges or rough them up with sandpaper or scissors and then ink and chalk it. To give it a really old antiqued look try crumpling the paper.

Edited by Just G on 03-08-11 09:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Just G

Glenda pretty much nailed it on the head. Inking and distressing are great for the vintage look, I have also tea dyed pages to give them an aged look. You could also burn the edges,or use water distressing. You'll want to test these techniques if you plan on printing the lyrics on the page first.

janastephenson
New Kid On the Block
janastephenson
In response to MrsAnnieS

I hadn't really thought about typing the lyrics. I was assuming I could handwrite them, but typing is also a good option. I've printed a quote or two onto vellum paper using my printer but i've never tried such a large body of text.

Has anyone ever tried printing text on a piece of card stock then putting a piece of vellum over it? I don't know that I want it to be aged/antiqued per se, maybe just not crystal clear. I don't want it to look like you're reading a font printed on a sheet of paper..I want the edges of the words to appear a little blurry...more whimsical and dream like. I hope that makes sense.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

Here's the paper I created
Matriarchs By Just G

SImply crumpled the paper and brushed over it with inks. I used a makeup sponge to soften the looks by blending the wet ink

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• janastephenson Said:
I hadn't really thought about typing the lyrics. I was assuming I could handwrite them, but typing is also a good option. I've printed a quote or two onto vellum paper using my printer but i've never tried such a large body of text.

Has anyone ever tried printing text on a piece of card stock then putting a piece of vellum over it? I don't know that I want it to be aged/antiqued per se, maybe just not crystal clear. I don't want it to look like you're reading a font printed on a sheet of paper..I want the edges of the words to appear a little blurry...more whimsical and dream like. I hope that makes sense.

I would print on vellum and then maybe smudge the ends of the letters. Look for fonts that have more of a calligraphy feel as well

Putting vellum OVER the printed words will usually make them hard to see.

Edited by Just G on 03-08-11 10:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

heres printing on transparency and adhering onto PP

Caged Bird By Just G

janastephenson
New Kid On the Block
janastephenson
In response to Just G

Thanks everyone! This is all great advice. I'm still tossing some ideas in my head as to the rest of the layout.

Thank you!!!

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie

What about using Photoshop to create your own 12x12 (or whatever size) background paper. You could type the lyrics, use a handwriting font, use different effects to make it appear aged, etc. Then get it printed and scrap your page.

janastephenson
New Kid On the Block
janastephenson
In response to lisymarie

So I've pretty much gotten the paper designed how i want it. I'm new to this part of scrapbooking...does kinko's print on vellum? If not, what else would you suggest to do? I don't have a printer that will print 12x12.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics