Username Post: Ribbon?        (Topic#1554789)
nnylyssim
Tenant
nnylyssim

Where can I find cheap sets of ribbon. I prefer buying in bulk but not of the colored/patterend ribbon. Is there anywhere on the internet or maybe craft stores that people know of that sell lots of cheap ribbon? Thanks to all who can offer assistance.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to nnylyssim

The superstore has a lot of ribbon on clearance. Check it out at the tab above...

nnylyssim
Tenant
nnylyssim
In response to HisGEM

I'll check it out. Thanks!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to nnylyssim

I'm confused. You don't want colored/patterned ribbon? What else is there?

Any fabric store should have a good selection.

It's against the forum rules to post links to other sites.

There are LOTS of choices of ribbon available here in the superstore--many on clearance too!

nnylyssim
Tenant
nnylyssim
In response to Bxr-Linda

OH MY! hahah. I didnt realize what I typed. I meant to say I want different sets of bulk. Not of the same color and pattern but I want different colors and patterns in one set. If that makes sense. I just always find just a huge set of the same color. I am looking for variety. Sorry if this sounds confusing LOL

Thank you for the suggestions though! I have been searching through the superstore and i can't believe how cheap it is. I am new to all this so I really appreciate it.

Edited by nnylyssim on 03-09-11 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to nnylyssim

for the pretty patterned ones, there are all sorts of sets here at sb.com. I'm linking some of the big sets, but there are lots of other brands too.

I find basic ones, like plain black ric-rac in the dollar bin at the craft store.

nnylyssim
Tenant
nnylyssim
In response to boysmom

Thanks boysmom! that's exactly what I was looking for. I will look them up. Hopefully they aren't too expensive.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to nnylyssim

SB.com is the place to go, but you might try Oriental Trading or Paper Wishes.

jadoredior454
Pro
jadoredior454
In response to meezerpleaser

I would try a local fabric store.. that's where I go :-)

natycoe
Veteran
natycoe
In response to jadoredior454

I like to look through Michael's Arts and Crafts $1 ribbon / trim bin. Not necessarily something for buying in bulk but I have had good luck with it and you can't beat the price!

nnylyssim
Tenant
nnylyssim
In response to natycoe

That is true, I probably just need to hit the M's around here or Ben Franklin's. I hear they have a good variety. I guess I just want what I need when it comes up. LOL But having an endless supply of exact ribbon is unrealistic. haha. But that is definetely a good idea. I just dont want to spend like $3-4 just for one spool of ribbon.

Michelle13
New Kid On the Block
Michelle13
In response to nnylyssim

If you live by a Joanne's they are the cheapest ribbon I have found yet. I actually have been on the hunt for cheap ribbon so I could buy a bunch to have when I want it (like you, just really starting out) - but was shocked when I saw the prices .... for ribbon? really? I was just visiting my parents where there is a Joanne's and you couldn't beat the prices - got little ones for like 50cents and then some others for $1. Also found some at A.C. Moore for $1. Keep checking around you'll find some great discount prices.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics