Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Paper Trimmer        (Topic#1554827)
ShelleyD66
Veteran
ShelleyD66

Could somebody please tell me a good paper trimmer to buy? I have had three and all seem to cut crooked?? I have had a fiskars, cutterpede and now a Kaisercraft one..maybe its me and Im doing something wrong..any suggestions? Thanks!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to ShelleyD66

I have the pink Cutterpede & it works great! Are the blades sharp? Is the cutting mat (thin white strip) in need of replacing? I would think that those things would make for crooked cutting.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Karen3066

This is the one that I use. Absolutely love it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to -Melissa-

I bought the big giant professional paper cutter and it is my most treasured scrapping possession. I bought it at AC Moore with a 40% off coupon.

» Fiskars - 12 Inch By Pass Guillotine Paper Trimmer«

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Sonsie

Now that's the big dog of paper trimmers! I must put this on my wish list!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to -Melissa-

I use a 12x12 rotating olfa self healing mat, rotary cutter and a clear quilting ruler-works very well!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to MrsAnnieS

Purple cow is great!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to HisGEM

I have a Purple Cows 2 in One and LOVE it.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to scrap4brains

I have two Fiskars Rotary cutters (one for my desk at home, but it's two big and cumbersome to travel with so I got a smaller one for my To Go Bag). Is your trimmer a rotary one or the kind with the blade inside a track? I've had those kind and on every one of them, the track part always would get distorted/out of shape over time and start cutting crooked. Rotary cutters in my opinion are better because their tracks can't get distorted like that (just have to be sure to keep blade and cutting strip underneath changed periodically). Of course, rotary trimmers are a bit harder to get used to cutting, because their blade guide makes it a little bit harder to see where you're cutting, but I don't mind that as much as a crooked cut.

Edited by GaMtnScrap on 03-10-11 06:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to GaMtnScrap

I use and love this one.
Products Referenced in This Post:

ShelleyD66
Veteran
ShelleyD66
In response to scraprabbit

Thanks everyone...I have used the track ones but will try a rotary one and see how it goes! Thanks again..

candie_girl84
Tenant
candie_girl84
In response to ShelleyD66

I use Purple Cow.. Love it! I hated it at first cause I thought it cut crooked but then I realize I didnt line the paper up on the bottom. But once I figured that out Its awesome.

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 03-11-11 01:40 AM
In response to candie_girl84

I love my pink Cutterpede!

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to Cica

I have the making memories 12x12 metal one with the self sharpening blade, it's good.

I have the little fiskars slide across. It's not so good but it's small and travels nicely.

My favorite is a Dahle, (it's not scrapbooking specific). It cuts the straightest, it will cut off the finest little piece and it cuts through everything without hesitation. That said it's not on a sweet grid like the making memories cutter which is more user friendly.

Edited by Msceejay2000 on 03-11-11 09:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Msceejay2000

I really like my making memories one, its not good for small pieces (smaller than 2") but it cuts well. The only complaint is if you want really straight cuts you need to use the grid and not the rails.

I just ordered the Cutterpillar pro for the introductory special. If its as good as it looks, then I got a great deal (looks like the genesis style trimmer, with the back light) but if not then its $50 wasted. We will see, but I have my fingers crossed.

The making memories is a great trimmer and it will be my portable one for crops. I still like it and will recommend it to anyone

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to CorrieW

Corrie, I've been looking at the Cutterpillar. Please give us a review when you get it.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
Corrie, I've been looking at the Cutterpillar. Please give us a review when you get it.

I definetly plan too, I coudln't believe it when DH said "why didn't you get it, you will kick yourself for not doing so" that was all I needed to get it.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to CorrieW

My hubby told me the same thing! I just don't know anyone that has one, so I was waiting for a review before I pull the trigger.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
My hubby told me the same thing! I just don't know anyone that has one, so I was waiting for a review before I pull the trigger.

There is someone on the veggie site who has one and you can always ask her questions. She also has a Genesis so it would be interesting to have the comparison. I am in Canada and it will likely be 2 weeks before I get mine and I would hate for you to miss the special while waiting for mine to come.

JeepMama-Ar
Expert
JeepMama-Ar
In response to CorrieW

I just ordered the Cutterpillar as well! I should be here on Wednesday... I really hope it blows away all the others I've purchased over the years. I'll post after I get to use it

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics