Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: VCW Week 210 - We "March" to a Scrappy Beat!        (Topic#1554885)
TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it has expanded to run all week long. We have our regulars, but new friends are always welcome, too.

FAIR WARNING: We may talk about anything and everything. We're women. We chat. You never know what might come up in conversation.

Sharing your recent scrappy work is encouraged, but there are no guidelines for what or how much you have to do.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to TripletMother

Morning all! Off to the dentist for a cleaning, then to get car washed - in and out - and then for an oil change!

Catch you later!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to TripletMother

Hi, hello, and howdy!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-11-11 12:35 PM
In response to BlingQueenRia

Hello everyone! I'm SO HAPPY IT'S FRIDAY!!

My car needs a good wash Heather! DS is going to do it inside & out...for a fee of course!

The weather here is crazy! It snowed on and off all day yesterday with no accumulation. When I woke up this morning there was a little snow on my windshield and stuff, but not much. Now the sun is shining and it is 45* outside and tomorrow it is supposed to be 60! I'm so ready for spring!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to LeeLo

I think my family is about to expand...there has been a darling tortoiseshell kitty hanging around my living room window. (My apartment is half underground.) I fed her, and plan to take her to see my vet-nurse friend Monday afternoon.

I am calling her Bella. I took her in to see the vet nurse who's on duty a bit ago just to be sure she didn't have any major communicable kitty diseases. So far we know Bella is around five years old, not microchipped and a female tortoiseshell. Calicos have white on them, Bella has no white. Max is NOT happy.

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04

Been a busy day! Got Grace's cake order, the invitations in the mail, got her arrangement of fruit ordered, went to JoAnn's (which by the way opened today!!!!!) and went to lunch with mom. I was not impressed with Joanns scrapbook section. THey had a few paper packs that I haven't seen in HL but for the most part thier scrapbook area was boring. Their fabrics however!!!! WOWZA!!!!! I'm in fabric HEAVEN!!!! I cannot wait to finish the sewing projects I have now so I can go back and get more fabric!!!! LOL

But today I was good. I only spent 4.95. I got two bottles of puffy paint. White and black. Big spender aren't I?????

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to mbrune04

I have grounded myself tonight to play with my Expression and cut out shrinky dinks. Oh the horror. So here in a few minutes now that everyone is asleep. I'm going to get the stuff and play. After all I need to learn before I teach the Girl Scout troop to do it.

Micayla was sent home from school today with a tummy ache and feeling like she was going to throw up. She then had a fever tonight. Hopefully she's better tomorrow. Poor girl though.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

Liz, don't be so hard on yourself.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I used my regular blade and it's not a new one. I put the pressure on max, the size was 5, and the speed was medium. You need a sticky mat though. I use a Matte shrinky dink that I bought off Amazon.com for like $25 for 50 sheets (Fantastic price). I only cut it out once and then just punched it out myself though a multicut of about 2 probably would have left it on the mat when I took away the plastic.

Please excuse all pictures as I can't find my good camera.

Here's the dinosaur I cut from Paper Doll Dress Up before I colored and shrunk it.
Shrinky Dink Before By Foltzy

Here is the dinosaur after I colored and shrunk it and I wish the one I did right after I colored it would have come out because the color was a light green I used.
Shrinky Dink after By Foltzy

Here's a comparison ignore the poor unicorn, I messed him up but it was cut at 5 to and it's about the same size as the dinosaur.
Shrinky Dink comparison By Foltzy

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

Liz that is way cool!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

It was a lot of fun. I'm going to go do a unicorn for Micayla. I think the girls are going to enjoy it.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

I might get some for when the kids come home. I like to stockpile craft supplies for the kids for rainy days. What did you use to color those with? I have Zigs and Pentels. Oh and paints, watercolor and acrylic.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

You can use any kind of permanent marker or colored pencils. They do not recommend crayons though. I used the Bic Mark It's that I have.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to foltzy

Whoa I forgot to subscribe to the new thread.

Heather boo dentists! I hate going to the dentist.

Leelo glad the snow melted again lol.

Ria yay for a new kitty!

Misty I'm no big spender either. I have 50 bucks "allowance" per month and that's it. So that includes if I want new clothes or whatever. But I spend pretty much all of it on scrapbooking lol.
Yay fabric!

Liz sorry Mike is sick.
The shrinky dinks are cool

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

Oh AFM. Not much. We had a blizzard last night. Only 5cm but it was so windy you really couldn't see anything
Umm. I dunno. Nothing else happening over here. DS and DH are both napping. TOnight we're going to a dinner at a friend's church. Then DH is going for coffee with a friend who I'm current fighting with. Guys are so immature sometimes...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to bcblondie

Been scrapping. I think the title and lyrics to Katy Perry's song "Firework" are appropriate for a kids' page. I used my Cricut with Lyrical Letters for all lettering and Hello Kitty Font for Hello Kitty.

The title reads, "Baby you're a FireWork." The journalling is a snippet of the lyrics and they read, "'Cause baby, you're a firework, come on show 'em what you're worth; make 'em go 'Oh, oh, oh,' as you shoot across the sky-y-y...Baby you're a firework, come on let your colors burst; make 'em go 'Oh, oh, oh,' you're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe..."

mbrune04
Expert
mbrune04
In response to bcblondie

Got a friend's kid today. Her grandma died and the funeral was today. She didn't want her little boy to be there after all he is only 3. We went and changed the oil in hubby's car, went and got his tv in his truck fixed, picked up the little boy ate lunch went to Joann's (again) and then came home. I got some fabric to make Grace a "birthday" outfit. It has cupcakes on it. SO cute. Other than that, not much happening.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

I love it ria! I've been scrapping too. Just making a card but it's taking forever. Creativity is so much work!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

Misty I'm sorry about your friends mom passing away.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to bcblondie

overslept this morning.
ran some errands
Jamie's here now
didn't have a nap before he came over, so he's kind of whiny
he's changed so much in the last couple weeks though

I'm tired. I feel like I need a nap! LOL
wish it wasn't too late to give him one