Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: paper sorting        (Topic#1555011)
New Kid On the Block

just wondering how other scrappers sort/store their paper

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to rickyswife

I have two paper caddies, one for colored paper and one for patterned paper. It works for me and is portable for crops.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to momtokatie

I have my patterned papers stored in drawers sorted by theme, my cardstock is in a paper box, my large patterned scraps are in another box and my small scraps, patterned and cardstock are stored in three ring binders sorted by color and then each color broken down into patterned or cardstock.

tammyd119
Tenant
tammyd119
In response to MrsAnnieS

I sort by manufacturer because that is how I think about my pattern paper.

I started out sorting by theme because when I first started scrapbooking that's how I scrapbooked -- Christmas, Halloween, Boy, Girl, etc... But after awhile my style changed and I started scrapbooking more every day life stuff so I switched to sorting by color. That was OK but I found that I always gravitated to the same color families and wasn't using a range of paper.

When Basic Grey came along and introduced "lines" of paper and embellishments I started thinking about all my supplies in terms of brand. I switched to sorting by brand and it's worked for me ever since.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to tammyd119

i store mine by color. all the cs and pp is organized that way in drawers. any scraps are similar. the cs is in an acordian folder by color and the pp is in one file folder together.

Custom Stickles Holders (unfinshed) By Lamoo12

Seamaiden
Guru
Seamaiden
In response to momtokatie

• momtokatie Said:
I have two paper caddies, one for colored paper and one for patterned paper. It works for me and is portable for crops.

Me too! Within the cardstock bin I have sorted by color and on the pp I have sorted my lines/themes)
Products Referenced in This Post:

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to Seamaiden

I have 4 Paper Racks...one is solids, the others I have my Packs (like DCWV MME PS etc) and the other one places where I buy them bc I buy alot from Big Lots, Tuesday Morning and Dollar Tree etc. I actually use alot of their paper and it is super cheap. I also have a 12 x 12 rolling cart that I keep all of my holiday paper in.

nnylyssim
Tenant
nnylyssim
In response to kajunkat

I need to get organized. I have all my paper in one clear box. but it is speperated into patterns and solids. so im halfway there

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to nnylyssim

I use the vertical Cropper Hopper units and sort by color; most colors having it's own holder. In each unit I have three tab sections: Plain Paper, Carstock and Patterened Paper.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tenant
In response to rickyswife

it was called crop in style not cropper hopper

Tenant
In response to edithseelhoff

they come in two different sizes 12x12 and 8x8 they are sort of hard to find on the internet punch in crop in style paper taker that is what it is called

sb262
sb262 
Resident
sb262
  • sb262 on 03-28-11 05:46 AM
In response to edithseelhoff

I use the vertical storage and have mine separated out in solids and patterns, then by color or holiday/special occasion. However, as I now sometimes buy lines of products with the embellishments to match, I want to store those items together, so I don't forget that I have ribbons, brads, stickers, etc. to go with that particular paper. So I'm going to have to expand my storage a bit as well.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to sb262

I store my collections (matching paper & embellies) in Slim Cases from Joann's; they're clear, about an inch thick and hold quite a bit, but there isn't so much room that all the embellies are moving around. I keep ten of these upright in a basket, and it's so easy to flip through them and have a whole "kit" at my fingertips...

The rest of my paper is stored with the stack I bought it in or by color in 1" thick clear plastic sleeves, also vertical, in baskets, one for solids and one for patterns.

MrsMBrown
Resident
MrsMBrown
In response to papermouse

I am having the same problem. My papers are in Iris containers right now,but my DH is making me a paper shelf,which will hopefully be done soon. I am fine with solids but when it comes to prints, my OCD kicks in and I have a horrible time sorting. A lot of good ideas out there tho!

edit: added pic
well.....I was gonna, my pics dont have urls

Edited by MrsMBrown on 04-26-11 06:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

zimmy471
Veteran
zimmy471
In response to MrsMBrown

I use the Cropper Hopper vertical storage. I keep mine separated by color mainly, but I have a few pp that are sorted by theme (i.e. sports, scouts, birthday, etc.)

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to zimmy471

I use several different ways - my cardstock and pattern papers are sorted by color in Cropper Hopper vertical storage. For paper collections - I use Recollections or Cropper Hopper paper envelops so I can keep embellies with that paper collect. For stacks like DCWV/MME, etc. I use my Jetmax cubes that has the 3 dividers which makes 4 openings for storing paper!! I hope that helps!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to SmartyPants

i have a rolling file cart with hanging files for my pp. the files are not the 12x12 ones- that way i can just flip through the file without having to take it out and open it and all that. it's just letter size file folders. most of that is sorted by color, but i have a few manufacturers that i am partial to so they get their own special folders.
all my sc is in those cropper hopper vertical storage things.

GatesPaperCrafts
Tenant
GatesPaperCrafts
In response to ColMeeC

I keep most all of my solid cardstock in the cropper hopper vertical storage but my patterned paper stacks( like dcwv) together with the matching cardstock stacks and the scraps in 13x13 clear bags next to them. For me it cuts down on the amount of time i spend searching for the matching cardstock. Hope it helps!

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to GatesPaperCrafts

I use the white storage containters from micheals ( the three drawer & the four open self ones)

On the open self ones I have them divided by color and by theme ( such as flower, holidays, stripes , plaids, and so on)

Then the three drawer ones I have them divided by brand

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Inloveforlife

i have the white storage container from m's the one that has 4 open shelves... i am VERY slowly creating a whole workstation from that collection... my next purchase will the the big shelf that holds ribbons and containers for flowers, buttons, brads etc... i also use an accordion file for excess paper if needed... i have so much paper right now that it doesn't all fit in the 4 shelves... so i really need to figure out a new way to store it all so i can be satisfied that i am using it all...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics