Username Post: How thick can my scrapbook get?        (Topic#1555019)
New Kid On the Block

Extension posts... To use or not to use? I have two 12x12 postbound scrapbooks that I'd like to combine into one, if possible. It really is one book that I split into two because it got too thick. All of the pages have foam adhesive squares or foam embellishments, which have added to the thickness overall. The covers are popping up! Book 1 has 8 protectors/16 pages, and Book 2 has 7 protectors/14 pages (a total of 30 pages for one book). Yikes!

I've tried no extension posts, 1/2" posts, and 1" posts -- nothing seems to solve the problem. I've expanded the spine -- no luck there. I've taken off the clear album protector (which really needs to stay on, if possible, to protect felt alpha stickers on the front cover) -- also no luck. The covers keep popping up on the two books -- I'd hate to see what would happen if I combined all contents into one book! What am I doing wrong, besides using foam on every page? Too late to fix that. Help, please? One book, two books? Which posts, no posts?

My goal would be to get the spine end to lay as thick as the open end and, hopefully, do it in one book! Thanks for any suggestions!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 03-13-11 02:59 PM
In response to desert daisy

I've made huge post bound albums by using bigger posts and cardboard spacers, not the foam spacer every 3-5 page protectors and to be honest. While it works and fits 60 page protectors without popping open. It's very heavy and the posts will still move a bit.

If it can't be fitted into the biggest D ring then it's too big.

I think 25 page protectors per post bound album if you are a bulky scrapper is the max.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Obi

Thanks so much, Obi! I wasn't using the cardboard spacers. I'll try that! I only have 15 page protectors and they all would fit a large D-ring, too. The postbound album will be thick, but not ridiculous (I hope)

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 03-13-11 03:52 PM
In response to desert daisy

I have heard cardboard spacer help keep bulky D-rings tidy too.

I can't have my post bounds without the cardboard spacers. They make everything look just right.

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Obi

Spacers are a must!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Scrapbook Queen

i have used up to 3 spacers. i now buy d rings

scrappinmomto2girls