Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Glimmer Mist Top Coats?        (Topic#1555245)
Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to planty

I spray DD on almost everything. Fo realz. I have used like 3 bottles of it already.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Manda_K

I STILL wish it were hairspray

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to planty

Okay, so, here's a funny twist.

Two responders have mentioned their love for Dazzling Diamonds. That's the name of the "Top Coat" that I was considering on the Tattered Angels site. They call it a Top Coat.... but it seems it's not exactly that, huh?

So, some of you love Dazzling Diamonds? Good to know and something to consider next time.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! AND, I just noticed that TA DOES in fact sell a clear Glimmer Glam.

....I wonder how much DH loves me....

Edited by MommaSaid on 03-19-11 10:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to MommaSaid

My faves are Pearl for mist and Chandelier for glam! I use both on pretty much everything Chandelier would make a really good top coat.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

This is interesting. The photo of Chandelier at sb.com looks light grey to me, and I consequently zoomed right by it. PLUS, they don't include in the description that it is actually clear. On the TA sight, it's absolutely white AND noted as being clear.

This is why sb.com doesn't get more of the little money I have available every now and then. They don't add information that I find VERY important in the decision making process (ex: the fl. oz in a bottle of Smooch); and occasionally errant product pics. I may be odd, but I like to know exactly what I'm getting before I get it.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to MommaSaid

You aren't odd! I do the same thing, and that is the reason most of my mists and paints are left until I can see them in person

Chandelier really is clear, I agree that it's a bad pic here though. If I want to buy something that is only available online (for me) I check the manufacturer's site to see what they say it's supposed to be first. Works for me 99% of the time!

InspiredBayouDesigns
Resident
InspiredBayouDesigns
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Did I read that correctly - HL has glimmer mist?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to InspiredBayouDesigns

I was actually over at TA's blog looking at the NEW chalks and DD was listed as a Top Coat! I have NO idea it was! LOL!!! I use it all the time!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Manda_K

Okay, that's a cool blog! And now I have an idea of what to do with this pair of jeans once I fit into the next pair.

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to planty

I also have one of the color kits...Adventure...but I haven't used the clear coat. It's called "Walnut Gold" in this kit. Tomorrow's "Make Art Monday" in my world, so I'll play with them and let you know/see.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to AndieBee

I am also really happy with how TA has started to describe their colors on their site. They used to not put the color of shimmer in the discription.

My only wish for now is that they had a converter for old colors to new colors.. I have one that I dearly love called Sandy Beach I'm guessing crushed sea shells is the replacement but I can't tell for sure. Because no stores around here carry GM in stock.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
Okay, so, here's a funny twist.

Two responders have mentioned their love for Dazzling Diamonds. That's the name of the "Top Coat" that I was considering on the Tattered Angels site. They call it a Top Coat.... but it seems it's not exactly that, huh?

So, some of you love Dazzling Diamonds? Good to know and something to consider next time.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! AND, I just noticed that TA DOES in fact sell a clear Glimmer Glam.

....I wonder how much DH loves me....

You could lure him in with "I found some really cheap diamonds for you to buy me! They're under $10!" and see where it goes from there! LOL

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to Smashley

I saw a little kit at HL this weekend and almost bought it. I've wanted to try the black ever since I had a dream about it. Maybe I'll snap it up in Aril when I have a coupon and haven't already spent my scrapping allotment.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics