Username Post: A lot of photos to tackle, need recommendations?        (Topic#1555371)
New Kid On the Block

I have about 7 years of photos that are un-scrapped, and I'm kind of looking for an album that could tailor to my needs, one in which I can just place a whole bunch of pics in photo sleeves, and then maybe add some that I have actually made a 12 x 12 layout for.

So that way I don't have to scrap every single picture, and can tackle the 7 years of photos quicker. So in other words an album with photo sleeves where I can maybe add a set of pictures in photo sleeves on one side, and maybe on the other side have a 12 x 12 layout of my favorite pics.

Does anyone know of photo sleeves/albums that are good for this? I know I've seen them but not sure who was the manufacturer. Also please feel free to share your system, or how you would tackle 7 years of photos?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to scrappycarol1

I love using the We R Memory Keeper page protectors, I stick them in the back of my albums with the extra photos I have from the events in the album, but you could put them anywhere in an album, alternate them with the full 12x12 pages or however you might want them. I know there are other brands out there also.

New Kid On the Block
In response to MrsAnnieS

Yes, I think that's it! Those are the ones I remember seeing..thanks!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to scrappycarol1

These are just the ones that I was going to recommend. Saved my life when I had to "scrap" the zillion photos of my trip to NYC, none of which were "good enough" to really scrap, but none of which were bad enough to throw out! Made a great scrapbook -- and I embellished the cover instead!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love and use the photo page keepers also. I'll do one or two 12x12" layouts about an event and then all the other pics go into the keepers. I use the D ring albums for all this.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to Sunnydi

I just bought my first "D" ring album for our NY Trip. I'm going to have to try some of the photo sleeves too. I can just imagine how many pictures I will take while I'm there

Capucine
Idol
Capucine
In response to momtokatie

I add We R Memories photo sleeves in my American Craft D-ring 12x12 albums. They fit perfectly. I love to have hybrid albums (photos and LOs).

scrapality
Expert
scrapality
In response to Capucine

www.memory-works.com sells Simple Stories which fit nicely into the We R Memory Keepers Page Protectors!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to scrapality

I love the We R Memory Keepers pages. I had so many pictures of my boys' first year, it was overwhelming. So I would pick out seven or eight photos, put some in the page planner and then scrap one photo. It's a nice way to still feel creative and not feel overwhelmed that you have to scrap every photo.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 03-21-11 06:29 AM
In response to fknapoleon

I think W R Memory Keepers makes the nicest, heaviest ones and I really like all the different configurations they are avaliable in.

Other companies also carry them.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to IzzyB

I like these page protectors too.

I've used them for different events I want to include photos, but not scrap every one.
One of MY challenges was chosing/printing photos in the correct orientation for the page protectors. So there weren't sideways photos on a page. THAT took me almost as much time as if I had actually scrapped them.

Srapality- in case you didn't know, it's against the forum rules to post links to other sites.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thanks everyone...all this info really helps!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics