Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Embellishment Storage        (Topic#1555415)
laura_d
Resident
laura_d

My goal is to get my scraproom cleaned and organized....again! I have not found a way to store my embellishments such as stickers, rub-ons, chipboard shapes, etc that works well for me.

I would love to hear how everyone else stores these items.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to laura_d

stickers, rubons, etc etc etc are all in 3 ring binders. i use a combination of page protectors and baseball card pages to get the size pockets i need. if i need a spot bigger than the baseball card slot but not a whole sheet of a page protector, i use my vacuum sealer (like for saving/freezing food) to section off the page protector into 1/2's or 1/4's.

as for chipboard, i have a cropper hopper tote thing that i put those in. it's kind of like the one i added below, but not exactly.
Products Referenced in This Post:

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to angie girl

I have all my embellies in their original packaging, hung on my homemade clip it up. I used a lamp and took the fabric off the shade and used paperclips and binder clips.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to MrsAnnieS

I use clear Sterlite containers (mine stack in groups of 3).

Mrs Barbara
Tenant
Mrs Barbara
In response to Luvmyfam

I have some in three ring binders, but mainly I use photo boxes (some small and some fit 12x12)all sorted by theme ((floral, baby girl, baby boy, birthday, alpha, christmas(red/green),
christmas(blue/white), etc.))

I am wanting to get a clip it up, but I only want to use it for bling, pearls and embellishments I use often or things I plan to use right away when I buy them.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to Mrs Barbara

I have two big six drawer sterlite drawer organizers that I use for all my "big holiday" stuff. Christmas, Halloween, Easter....In there goes everything that has to do with the specific holidays. Everything that is not in those categories is on a big "clip it up" I bought at hobby lobby. I've got a few baskets for the real oddball or bulky stuff that is unsuitable for clipping up. I've got a smaller 3 drawer set up for bling, jewels, pearls, swirls, and the like.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Sonsie

I don't use too many stickers -- they are either on my clip it up (new) or in a sterilite container.

My rub ons are in a sterilite drawer system -- sorted into alphas & other

Chipboard -- I've yet to come up with a good system. Probably why I always forget about mine. will keep an eye on this thread for new ideas.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 03-21-11 06:21 AM
In response to ncyankee

I only have a few rub-ons and not many stickers. But it is hard to come up with a good storage system for embellishments. A clip it up might be your best best for those type things.

I bought one of those 6-drawer Iris towers at M's and I use those drawers for embellishments. For example, one drawer holds buttons, one holds flowers, one holds chipboard, one holds ribbon, one holds metals (brads, eyelets, tim holtz embellies) and one holds flat letter stickers (Thickers are stored separately).

This system works for me because I don't have a whole lot of stuff. It's pretty easy to fill up those Iris containers though so if you have a lot, this wouldn't work.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
I have all my embellies in their original packaging, hung on my homemade clip it up. I used a lamp and took the fabric off the shade and used paperclips and binder clips.

THIS...same for me, except I bought the badge holders from WM to hang from, but exactly this. Works amazingly well, and is simple and cheap to do...less than $10 for mine.

granny3x
New Kid On the Block
granny3x
In response to ScrappyMama6

I use photo boxes for the small things and label each one appropriately.. For the larger stuff, I have several stacking 3 or more drawer sterilite units. (I do love those photo boxes though)!

susanlk
Expert
susanlk
In response to granny3x

I use a combination of sterlite mini cd/dvd crates and photo boxes.

I stand the rub-ons, alpha stickers and chipboard up in the mini crates. This makes it easy to flip through to find what I need.

I use the photo boxes for bling & other small packets.

I sort everything in alpha order by manufacturer, and this works well for me.

If I need Kaisercraft or Prima bling, I know right where to look in my photo boxes. If I'm not sure what I need, I just quickly flip through my boxes to see what will work on my project.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to granny3x

I have a desktop organizer with compartments that I mainly use for thickers storage. I am linking to a similar product in the superstore (I don't see the exact one I have there).

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:

What a fantastic idea! I think I need to go get a lamp....

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Lenethren

the Gallery actually has a section for embellishment organizing photos. There are some neat ideas...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=scrapro om&c=...

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Can I just say now I want this room!

Hey there your my new Rockstar! By Ghost55

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to Lenethren

For very small items a tackel box works great!

Monique_McCoy
Idol
Monique_McCoy
In response to Lenethren

I bought small shoebox sized containers from the dollar store and I label them for what I need. I use them for unopened embellishments.

For opened ones, I use the floss containers from walmart and tiny ziploc bags for brads, eyelets, etc.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
the Gallery actually has a section for embellishment organizing photos. There are some neat ideas...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=scrapro om&c=...

YOU ROCK!

I did not know this.

Expert
In response to laura_d

I use those 12x12 clear boxes...since a lot of the sticker sheets are pretty long, it fits them pretty well. I have them labeled with categories such as holidays, family, activities, flowers and swirls, travel, and a special holiday one for christmas only (cause I have so many christmas items) etc... they stack upon each other, so easy to find. This method works for me.

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 03-21-11 06:09 PM
In response to deedee49

i have my stickers in those nice accordian folders you can get at walmart. very easy to organize them theme.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics