Username Post: Paper Storage        (Topic#1555535)
Scrappin Zeta
Governor
Scrappin Zeta

I am going to reorganize my paper. I am looking for additional storage options. Maybe some bins...I am not sure. Need help. any suggestions. Thanks for responding

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to Scrappin Zeta

Well, the options are only limited by space. I have wire shelving units I purchased from a LSS going out of business. There are hanging folder options, or cube with paper divider options. I know that there are a few members here that use the "pizza box"method, of unused pizza boxes with labels on them. Just take a run through the scrap-room galleries and I am sure you will find an abundance of ides.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

I have these and love them.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Luvmyfam

I like having my paper vertical. Much easier to look for a specific pp that way. Cropper Hopper sells great holders. Or you can make your own from medium flat rate shipping boxes from the post office
Products Referenced in This Post:

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Rosita

I have those plastic stackable drawers, two sets of three for now. They are the perfect size for pps.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-23-11 04:17 AM
In response to MrsAnnieS

I use the large file cabinets especially designed for 12X12 paper. Mine are the white laminate ones (I have 3-2 drawer units) - they are heavy and very well made and hold a LOT of paper. I keep cardstock and patterned paper both in them divided by color (CS) and manufacturer (pattern paper). I keep the pattern paper in the free standing vertical storage inside the drawer that way I can just take one out to browse for what I want. This way I don't worry about my papers fading from light or getting dusty!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to fancyfaces

I love the Cropper Hoppers for vertical paper storage ... I get them from M's with coupons so they are very reasonably priced

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to madmatter

i bought sterilite bins at walmart. just make sure its the ones with the 13" drawers so the 12x12 paper will fit.

Custom Stickles Holders (unfinshed) By Lamoo12

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Lamoo12

I use the horizontal shelves below (I have 4 of them) for my pp, subdivided when I need to with a Cropper Hopper plastic divider, and I use the Cropper Hoppers themselves for my cs storage.

Edited by meezerpleaser on 03-23-11 09:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to meezerpleaser

I just bought new storage for my paper. I got 3 of the 5-shelf JetMax cubes. They are stackable, and now I have 15 shelves for my paper. I still keep my patterned paper in Cropperhopper file folders, but this works great for my solid cardstock.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to dwelch

I am thinking about re-organizing my paper too and I am looking at the cropper hopper easy acess paper holder (linked below).
Products Referenced in This Post:

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to kariyava

I use iris cases and seperate catagories with 12X12 Carboard pieces. I put dymo labels of catagories on front of cases...

My Paper Addiction - patterned paper storage By DaisyButton

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to DaisyButton

I have these and keep pp by manufacturer then collection in alphabetical order and cs is manufacturer in color order

Ms. Mom
Expert
Ms. Mom
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I store my paper in binders. The 12x12 papers are in a 3ring binder scrapbook. I love it, but it's heavy. I am sure they are 300+ sheets in each binder. I have a photo in my gallery if the one I tried to add does not show up. I am a vertical storage girl so this really works for me. I love it because I can keep collections and similar papers together, plus they are all in page protectors so my papers don't get messed up. I have them organized by color with my patterned papers first, then cardstock. I am going to keep my papers in the page protectors, but I am thinking of getting a vertical storage box for them because my binders are very heavy. I wish I had the space to put them on their own table. I imagine it would be like having a scraprack that had papers in it. My 8x11 and 8x8 papers are in regular binders. Good luck because I am picky about my paper and it took me a while to find a system that worked for me, but it was worth it. Link

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to Ms. Mom

i use the jetmax cubes...you can get at michaels and hobby lobby..maybe other stores. they are about $20 each, but i alway use a coupon or wait til they are on sale 40 to 50% off. i love mine! at first i had them with the shelves going horizonally, but changed recently to vertical. i was not sure i like them that way, cause i had carpal tunnel surgery last summer, and still have some problems and it was hard to get the paper out. then i had the idea to cut some cropper hopper plastic dividers to fit the width of each section, then folded the end up and i slide the long piece under the papers then slide into the section. so when i need to pull them out, i just pull the whole section out by pulling the folded part up. my pics don't show that cause i came up with that idea later. but i really do like it!
scraproom redo By Randasue

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
I like having my paper vertical. Much easier to look for a specific pp that way. Cropper Hopper sells great holders. Or you can make your own from medium flat rate shipping boxes from the post office

That is exactly what I have! I also am using the cropper hopper boxes the storage unit came in. For my paper stacks I have crate that is a little bit larger than a milk crate. For my 8x11 paper I have a milk crate.

tmcanada
Veteran
tmcanada

Cropper Hopper Paper Organizer
Best Craft Organizer Paper Shelving Unit
I sell both these items in my online store.

If you are looking for an economical way to store a very large amount of papers, try using a banker's box with file folders.

Banker's Box Paper Organization

Edited by tmcanada on 03-28-11 01:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics