Username Post: Die and Embossing Folder Storage...        (Topic#1555741)
astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory

Please share yours! How do you store and organize them? Pics are especially appreciated!

Thanks!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to astrangevictory

photo boxes! separated by the tabbed dividers that come with the boxes!!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-26-11 04:53 PM
In response to astrangevictory

Embossing folders fit well in a DVD-size storage box, I'm using a Really Useful Box from Office Depot right now, but Ikea is great for decorative boxes.

Dies come in too many sizes! They're an ongoing project.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to stick

Right now I have my dies and folders in a tote that I got with my rolling tote-wont work for much longer since I am running out of room, I have a photo in my scraproom gallery but no way to copy and paste the link (dinosaur cell phone!)

But once I am out of space I plan on moving my folders to a clip it up system. I have seen great pictures of people who made paper folders for the folders and embossed them with the corresponding folder so they knew what was what then hung it up.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MrsAnnieS

My embossing folders are just in a basket. Not efficient and I have to search when I want one, but that's how it goes right now. It's what I have space for and since I have over 30, that's how it will stay for now.

My spellbinders dies are in one of those plastic Iris storage containers that you can get at Michael's. I lined both sides with magnets (I got adhesive magnet sheets at AC Moore), took the spellbinders out of their packaging, and put them on the magnets. When that filled up, I took a piece of 12x12 chipboard, lined one side with a magnet sheet, and used it, too. It lays right down in the deeper side of the case.

I have also seen other solutions for spellbinders and other metal dies, such as putting them on rings so you can flip through, using magnetic heat grate covers, or hooks on a pegboard. I've also seen them in the CD/DVD binders (this would also work for other thin dies).

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to siameseplease

Embossing folders I store in three ring binders. It depends on the type of dies. Sizzix fonts are in cases, Sizzix images are in a carousel. Cricut cartridges are hung on a Clip it Up system.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to dotfree

for the small, flat dies, I use baseball card sheets.

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps
In response to rubymillerand

My Quickutz, Sizzlets and Cuddle bug dies are all stored in metal tin boxes that are from Quickutz. My Sizzix dies are stored in drawers at the moment. The green and yellow are in one and the red have thier own. Same with my fonts. Spellbinders are stored in a drawers along with my embossing folders. Not all that great and I have to search for the one I want.

mish086
Tenant
mish086
In response to Kozy Scraps

I found a little deco piece of luggage. I store my Sidekick and embossing folders in it. My Spellbinders are in a plastic shoebox and my older embossing folders(the ones with the brass stencil too) are in another plastic shoe box. I can't wait to redo my space, because I saw a great way to store the Spellbinder with a magnetic strip attached to a inside door.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to mish086

I need to update this picture. Since I took it, I have made an index card to hang in front of each of these. I actually embossed on the card so it shows what that particular die will look like.

Big Shot Die Storage By Dwelch

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics