Username Post: Carpal tunnel: Cinch vs BIA        (Topic#1555779)
New Kid On the Block

This is my first post here, but you all seem like a lot of friendly, knowledgeable ladies, so here goes! I am interested in a binder and have seen/read all the reviews and comparisons between the Cinch and the BIA. I have had a carpal tunnel operation on my right (dominant) hand and I cannot press down with the middle of my right hand. It looks like the Cinch might be easier to use with two hands and it has a soft foam cushion. I'd like your opinion on how much strain your hands got from using either/both machines and if it was short projects or for a lot of continuous use.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to lenepieters

totally the chinch,,,I've used both and I bought the Cinch. It's so easy to push, you could push it with one hand,,,your NON DOMINANT HAND.

I've also seen tons of vids with the BIA, and they have to push VERY HARD with ONE hand,,,the cinch punches the holes at different times (You will see the pegs come down unevenly) to make punching easier,,,,

very very simple.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to CommaHolly

The cinch for sure! Completely agree that will be the easiest bet for you. I have had both and only kept my Cinch.

yayosan
New Kid On the Block
yayosan
In response to jessielee

I agree that the Cinch is easier. You can push with your elbow. You might have problems pulling out the pegs, but again you can use your other hand. Good luck

StaceyE
Diva
StaceyE
In response to yayosan

Another vote for the cinch! I'm pretty sure with the BIA you have to hold the paper while you punch which might aggravate your CT. With the cinch you can lay your paper down and punch one handed.

Edited by StaceyE on 03-27-11 12:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to StaceyE

The Cinch all the way! I have both and the Cinch is so much easier to use for sure!

grandmamichelf
Veteran
grandmamichelf
In response to HisGEM

I agree with the Cinch. Never tried the BIA. I just purchased the Cinch instead. It was really easy to use.

New Kid On the Block
In response to grandmamichelf

Thank you everybody - I appreciate your inputs.

I'm convinced the Cinch is my best bet. I've called my favorite local sb store and she has a shipment due to arrive, should be in her shop within a few days, yay!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to lenepieters

One more Cinch vote. I've never used the BIA so I'm not able to draw comparisons. But I find it very easy to use the Cinch with my non-dominant hand and I have CT in both (just less pain in the left). The best part is the measurements are located right on the machine so there's no need to sit around figuring which pegs to pull before punching...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics