Username Post: Woo Hoo!        (Topic#1555799)
bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej

I just ordered my first set of Copic Markers. I am so excited to use them - hope it was worth the money and the wait (I've been eyeing them for months now)
Just wanted to share my excitement!!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to bbarthej

Congrats! They are addicting

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to HisGEM

Congrats! I know I bought my fist set (A) at chrismas and a 2nd set (B) for my b-day in Feb, I'm thinking Mother's day would be a good excuse to buy another set! Not because I need anymore then I have... I just want them all!!

Edited by Joellio on 03-28-11 06:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Joellio

I am totally addicted to them too. I am trying to figure out how to use my digi stamps with them. I think I am going to have to print my digis on regular paper, and then photocopy the images onto my copic paper.

Juggy
Juggy 
Mayor
Juggy
  • Juggy on 03-28-11 08:01 AM
In response to amandahugandkiss

Okay Amanda .. edumacate me .. how come you cant print on the copic paper?

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Juggy

You can, but I have an ink jet printer and the copics make it smear. I have tried "setting" it with my heat gun, putting embossing powder on it and heat setting it, leaving it for 24 hours...no dice. The alcohol in the copics made it smear and muddy. The copic paper is very smooth and non absorbant- that allows you to blend the colours. If I use regular paper, the stamp won't smear but then the colours won't blend.

Sooooo either I have to buy a toner based printer, or I can photocopy the images onto copic paper. Photocopier use toner so its "set" into the paper and won't smoosh.

mish086
Tenant
mish086
In response to bbarthej

Congrats! I have seen what you can do with them, but never had the opportunity to play with them!

Joellio
Guru
Joellio
In response to mish086

I have an ink jet printer too and I find that I'm OK if I heatset my image but if I take too long or I stop coloring and come back after a few hours I need to reheat it before I keep going. I also try to push the color towards the ink line without touching it too much especially with the skin tones. That is the one that gives me the most problems but even then it is not so bad.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Joellio

The trick with copics is to saturate the paper enough so that the ink travels just up to the lines. You won't get any smearing then, but it does take quite a bit of practice so that the ink doesn't go outside the line. Red pigment colours are the worst since they have so much pigment they tend to travel through the paper a lot more than the other colours. I love my copics and just added another 40 to my collection too. You should check out Marianne Walkers blog (www.ilikemarkers.blogspot.com) for really good tips and tutorials. She is the ultimate Copic guru.

I have an inkjet printer (Canon MP560) and haven't had any problems with ink smearing at all. I use a few different kinds of papers (Wausau Exact Index, Neenah, & Domtar Cougar) and they all work great with the Canon inks. I've just recently switched to off brand inks and haven't had any problems with smearing either. I can colour right out of the printer with these papers and ink combo.

Edited by cat_woman on 03-28-11 12:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics