Username Post: What's for dinner tonight?        (Topic#1555829)
kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to angie girl

• angie girl Said:
  • kelseymel Said:
Angie - I make this all the time. So easy and so good!

Maple Salmon

This sounds divine, but it has way too much cholesterol for DH's heart. I'm trying to decrease DH's triglycerides. Too bad that means I have to eat healthy like I'm going to cook for him...love me some maple syrup.

There's no cholesterol in maple syrup. Studies have actually shown that it's good for your heart.

The fat in Salmon is "good fat", so it lowers triglycerides.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to kelseymel

I have a ham in the oven. I'll make mash potatoes and gravy to go with it. Along with green beans and rolls!! Thinking about dessert....just haven't come up with good idea yet!!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to FinallyMama

Yesterday we had Ham sandwiches,,Today I made potato soup Like the one They have at Olive Garden. Going to get some bread bowls to serve it up.

Resident

I had bourbon glazed chicken cutlet tonight. It was sooooo YUMMY!!!I also pan fried a little yellow squash and had some brown rice. (thanks to uncle Ben single sering microwavable containers. I can finally make rice YAHH!)

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-19-12 05:52 PM
In response to Laura40

I found sweet potato tots today! Can't wait to try them

For dinner we're having these lovely locally made sausages, chicken and tarragon. And DH wants cornbread, yum! Plus salad or green beans or tomatoes or some combination thereof.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to stick

We had whole tilapia with rice. It was yummy.

Resident
In response to Seaexplore

Tonight, I can't wait!!! Garlic and butter chicken wings!!!!!!!!!! (sorry for yelling, but Garlic makes me HAPPY!) I will also make a salad, with peppers and cucumbers. Garlic bread too
I found these non dairy ice cream sandwiches that I think are good, for dessert!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Laura40

I think we will be having steamed chicken, noodles, glazed carrots and biscuits!! Plus I made a carrot cake last night so that will be dessert!! Is it dinner time yet??

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

Chicken cordon bleu tonight.....

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to ScrappyMama6

Leftover Korean kabobs for dh, nachos made with leftover taco fixings for the kids, beer for me.

(And this is why I never make plans/menus. Because we NEVER stick to them.)

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-20-12 12:29 PM
In response to kelseymel

Tonight it's homemade pizza. Or at least home-constructed pizza. I picked up an awesome pre-made cornmeal crust, some fresh soft mozzarella, Muir Glen Pizza Sauce (usually I just use Muir Glen chopped or diced tomatoes but I thought I'd give the pizza sauce a try), canned mushrooms (don't ask me why I love them on pizza but I do, lol), and turkey pepperoni.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to stick

last night i made boiled shrimp, mushroom and green bean risotto, (thanks bird's eye steam bags lol) and garlic bread.
tonight i will make shrimp tacos...yummy

Resident
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

• _pink_glitter_hearts_ Said:
last night i made boiled shrimp, mushroom and green bean risotto, (thanks bird's eye steam bags lol) and garlic bread.
tonight i will make shrimp tacos...yummy

I love steam bags too!
Tomoorow I think chicken sausages, and salad maybe leftover spagetti and mushrooms.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Laura40

Tonite my chef is out so I am enjoying whatever is in the fridge. Left over KFC: mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, and biscuits. If I'm still hungry, I'll start in on the Samoa ice cream. I eat so very healthy when left to find my own dinner.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-20-12 05:31 PM
In response to Seaexplore

Tiff, your carb-only dinner sounds like a delish indulgence! And exactly the kind of thing I'd eat if left on my own - thank goodness it's a rare event, lol.

Okay, I should probably start on the pizza....

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo
In response to angie girl

veggie burgers w/ muenster cheese on whole wheat buns... yay healthy food!

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to Kit Scrapo

it looks like a fend for yourself dinner tonight. i am working all day then have errands to run. i might go to a smoothie/wrap/salad shop on the way home to grab a quick bite. (if they are still open after i get off.) the weather looks stormy, so i guess my honey won't be fishing today. something tells me he will make some steak between rounds of gaming on his x-box while i'm out. lol

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-21-12 09:52 AM
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I'm making Swedish meatballs sometime this weekend (using ground turkey as I don't eat beef), and DH just said something about tiki drinks

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to stick

I'm making ham pot pie today!! DD can hardly wait!!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

You guys are making me hungry. I have absolutely no idea what to make tonight.

Perhaps I can convince dh to take us out.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics