Username Post: What's for dinner tonight?        (Topic#1555829)
FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to bayamonesa1

I have pork chops laid out, but I'm feeling TOTALLY lazy, so not sure what supper will be tonight!!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to FinallyMama

Salad here tonight. Baby spring mix with grilled chicken (the cheater kind from the freezer!), cucumber, red onion, feta and wasabi peas.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to kelseymel

Leftover spaghetti with garlic bread and salad. Dh isn't going to be home for supper, so I'm not cooking.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to scraprabbit

I am trying a pintrest recipe of twice baked cauliflower and grilled pork steaks And some homemade bread.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Trina_P

Cheater dinner. Cabbage rolls - pre-made and from the freezer section.

I emptied and cleaned out my freezer last weekend. Time to cook up a storm and refill it with sauces and pre-made meals.

I will start this weekend by making soup. Turkey barley, lentil and vegetable and a white bean with rosemary soup.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-08-12 08:05 PM
In response to corrie fan

Recent meals have been cheater freezer meals, not worth mentioning

But tonight we are having a casserole inspired by the caciqueinc.com shrimp chilaquiles recipe ... with less shrimp but also a package of soy chorizo, some steamed cauliflower and asparagus, a velveeta cheese sauce with ortega chiles, and the tortillas are the amazing La Tortilla Factory corn/flour blend tortillas which are freakin' fantastic.

Diva
In response to stick

Tonight I will go out for dinner! No cooking for me!

Resident

Turkey chili ,tonight!!

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to Laura40

last night i made bbq pork loin in the slow cooker and shredded it to make bbq pork sandwiches...yummiest meal with less than 5 min of prep time

my freezer is a diaster that needs to be cleaned out asap...it will either be frozen shrimp or dinner roulette from a big freezer cooking spree i made...but forgot to label

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

"Dinner roulette."

Shrimp/parmesan on steak with veggies and loaded mashed potatoes for me. Steak ceasar salad for dh. Chicken breast sandwich for ds and lots of yummy appetizers.

Um, Applebees-to-go tonight.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_

last night i ended up at a new thai tapas bar and had a yummy sampling of chef selection appetizers. it included seaweed salad, mini spring rolls, bites of char grilled steak, and little bites of stuff i didn't know what it was...but was super yummy

tonight will be salmon with cheesy rice and broccoli.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

Oooo...salmon sounds great! Wasn't sure what I was making tonight, but I have some great salmon in the freezer.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Well, Saturday we had hamburgers.
Sunday we had beef and noodles with broccoli.
Tonight will be venison steak, mash potatoes, green beans and biscuits. yummy!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Tonight is beef stew and cornbread!!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

No idea. Melody's beef stew sounds fantastic though!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to Trina_P

• Trina_P Said:
I am trying a pintrest recipe of twice baked cauliflower and grilled pork steaks And some homemade bread.

This twice baked cauliflower was awesome! My husband, two toddlers and myself all had two helpings. Search the title of the recipe on Pinterest and it has the drool-worthy pictures and step by step instructions.

Twice Baked Cauliflower
(Makes 6-8 servings

Ingredients:
1 large head cauliflower
4 oz. low fat cream cheese (do not use fat free)
1/2 cup low fat sour cream (do not use fat free)
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (If you only have finely grated Parmesan, use a bit less)
6 slices bacon, cooked until very crisp, fat blotted with paper towel and then crumbled
1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
(I used Kraft 2% milk sharp cheddar)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small pieces. Cook in a microwave-safe bowl with a little water and cooked til until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft. Drain well and mash with potato masher. Mix in cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, Parmesan, and 3/4 of the crumbled bacon.

Spread evenly in a medium-sized glass casserole dish. Sprinkle with low-fat cheddar cheese and reserved bacon. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

As usual, I did not do a ton of measuring and it turned out fine.

Diva
In response to Trina_P

I need to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

Your Twice Baked Cauliflower sounds awesome Trina, Thank You! Saved that in my recipe file and added cauliflower to my list! I don't do Pinterest...do you have to join to find a recipe?

We are having hamburger soup and grilled cheese sandwiches...pretty much some hamburger cooked with a big can/bottle of V-8 juice and some vegies and barley tossed in. Add whatever vegies you have or want and water if you think you need some to stretch the recipe for your family. You can add noodles instead of barley but we like barley better! I make this in a big stock pot and freeze some for another time. This is one of those add whatever you want recipes and I love it because the weather is cold and I am a soup freak!!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to catzscrapper

Trina, that sounds really good. Thanks!

We ended up having pasta last night - alfredo with chicken and mushrooms, salad and garlic bread.

Tonight, white chicken chili.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to kelseymel

Tonight, for me, BK at the airport. Lol.

Not going anywhere. Taking DSS there to fly to his mon's for Thanksgiving.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics