Username Post: What's for dinner tonight?        (Topic#1555829)
FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to angie girl

It's just me and dd tonight so we went to Wendy's!! Love the fries!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-15-12 06:41 PM
In response to FinallyMama

Last night we had fish tacos: seasoned sauteed cod, corn/flour tortillas (the combo is SO delicious!), fresh chopped tomatoes and lettuce, cheddar and queso fresco.

Tonight DH is making turkey meatloaf with a side of Trader Joe's refrigerated sausage/cornbread stuffing - almost like an early thanksgiving, lol.

The twice baked cauliflower and the hamburger soup both sound delicious!!

Resident

Oh man that cauliflour recipe is a must try!! Iam making a bacon bread pudding thing to take to church Thanksgiving dinner this Saturday. Tonight, Chicken cutlets and salad and corn.
last night, I made a pork strogonoff over mashed potatos. glug glug glug. But it was good!!

Diva

Little Ceasar $5 cheese pizza. DOnt want to cook and have little money!!!LOL!!!

Resident
In response to bayamonesa1

ugh! Still full from last night. Hopefully just a salad tonight.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Laura40

I'm planning pork chops, mac and cheese, green beans, and biscuits.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

Spaghetti! Yum!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to kelseymel

Chicken noodle soup - from a can. Yep, sickies at our house.

Diva
In response to scraprabbit

frozen food. No strenght for cooking. Going for chemo today!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to bayamonesa1

Kielbasa and sauerkraut tonight. DD is begging for the sauerkraut!! Ick!! I have a strange teenager!! She likes onions too!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Pork tenderloin cooked in the slow cooker in wine with onions and garlic, roasted potatoes, carrots, broccoli and sauteed peppers and mushrooms.

I was out on Saturday and yesterday really under the weather and did not cook. I did not want my produce to go to waste.

Also found some beets in the fridge - cooked those and made a red lentil soup. Now my fridge will be stocked.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

• FinallyMama Said:
Kielbasa and sauerkraut tonight. DD is begging for the sauerkraut!! Ick!! I have a strange teenager!! She likes onions too!!

I think it is great that she isn't picky. I don't like fish or seafood and wish I did because it does limit options when going out or at friends.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to corrie fan

Oh honey...she is totally picky!! She doesn't eat hardly anything....she just likes weird things for a kid!! She doesn't eat bolonga, mac and cheese, hardly ever eats pizza. Nothing but fries at Mcd's!! Seriously...PICKY!!! Drives me crazy!! It's complicated by my dh being just as picky!! Although he hates onions!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Well I take it back. For a picky eater, she sure has some peculiar "likes"

I thought you may have lucked into a rare species.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to corrie fan

All we had was tuna fish for dinner tonight lol

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to babigirl

Melody, my kids love sauerkraut! And onions. Well, dd only likes them cooked, but ds would eat them like apples if I let him.

Let's see...we had bbq chicken Monday night and fish tacos last night. Tonight will be some frozen mac and cheese and chicken nuggets.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Melody, my kids love sauerkraut! And onions. Well, dd only likes them cooked, but ds would eat them like apples if I let him.

That is so nasty!! My sister does that too though. Blech.

I used to eat lemons like they were oranges though, so I guess that's my weird thing.

Tonight will be leftovers. We're having Thanksgiving at home tomorrow (just the 3 of us) since my grandma is doing chemo and we have colds and don't want to bring germs over. So that means we'll work on cleaning out the fridge tonight.

Tomorrow will be a scaled down T-Day dinner - turkey breast, mashed potatoes/gravy, stuffing (Stove-Top, because that's the only kind we like!), green beans, dinner rolls, and no-bake cheesecake.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to scraprabbit

I totally agree, Sarah. I love onions, but biting into one whole is taking it a bit too far.

I'm sorry you'll be quarantined for Thanksgiving, but I'm sure you'll make plenty of happy memories anyway.

We never go anywhere for Thanksgiving, it's our "us" holiday. I realize that makes no sense whatsoever, but it's our tradition.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to kelseymel

Eating onions like apples? Are you TRYING to make me puke?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• angie girl Said:
Eating onions like apples? Are you TRYING to make me puke?

My poor sister. She loved onions so much. Her boyfriend has an minor allergy to them, so when she was pregnant with his kids she got sick when she ate onions. Not sure if it was the pregnancy itself, or if her kids have sensitivities to onions that were passed down from their dad and that affected her while she was pregnant, but I remember her being upset at not being able to eat them. Sounded terrible to me, but never deny a pregnant woman her cravings! I should say that she also ate a ton of liver during her first pregnancy and brought the leftovers to work for lunch. (And where is that barfing smilie??)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics