Username Post: What's for dinner tonight?        (Topic#1555829)
Resident
In response to scraprabbit

Quick hamburgers tonight. Kiddo has basketball practice.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Laura40

We had venison steak, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli and homemade bread for dinner.

Resident
In response to FinallyMama

Hamburgers!! with potatos and peas!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Laura40

Easy chicken and stuffing casserole, per DH's request tonight. I just have to get to the store to get the chicken!! It's cold out and I'd rather stay in!! Sure wish this cold weather would bring me some pretty snow...but no!! Just stinking cold that goes to your bones!! Burrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Diva

Maybe pizza from Flppers! Love the Bianca one!

Resident
In response to bayamonesa1

I think, pork chops tonight, becouse it doesn't seen like the chicken wings with garlic will thaw out in time. Mashed potatos and asparagus, too.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Laura40

A just in case you're interesed note:

When students return to Sandy Hook Elementary the National PTA is hoping their new school looks like a winter wonderland decorated with homemade snowflakes and you can help.
The PTA is asking for people to make snowflakes and send them by Jan. 12. Be as creative as possible, remembering that no two snowflakes are alike.
Please send all snowflakes and donations to:
Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway
Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514

Please pass this on!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to ScrapperV

Pulled Pork Sandwiches..mmm

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to michellel.avery

• michellel.avery Said:
Pulled Pork Sandwiches..mmm

That sounds so good right now! Wish I had the stuff for it.

Not sure what we're having tonight. Tomorrow will be spaghetti bake though - pulled it out of the freezer, but it won't be thawed by tonight.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Tonight I'm making smoked pork chops, baked sweet potatoes, corn and biscuits. For dessert I made a peach crunch cake and homemade ice cream!! I want dessert first!!

Diva
In response to FinallyMama

Frozen food, still weak to cook, but it is OK, food is good no matter what!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl

Last night was digiornio. Tonight I'm not sure what I'll make since I forgot to pull meat out of the freezer.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-20-12 09:00 AM
In response to angie girl

Last night we had a crockpot fail - we recently got one so have been experimenting. I've never cooked with one before, it's very different! The recipe was supposed to be a tamale pie, but the cornbread topping merged completely with the bottom layer of meat and stuff and turned into a sort of mush stew Tasty enough that we ate it for dinner but the rest is going in the garbage.

Tonight, something better! Just not sure what yet.

Diva
In response to stick

Brave one...I have never used a crocked pot and I got one as a gift. So afraid to use it!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-20-12 12:45 PM

I've been afraid of them for ages, but mostly because our building had a wonky electrical connection and I experienced TWO massive power surges before the electric company deigned to fix it. I was the only one in the building for the second one and it was scarier than the first - lightbulbs going dim then superbright then sort of exploding, smoke coming out of the DVD player and the computer. I'm still very gun-shy with electricity, I unplug EVERYTHING if we go away for even a weekend.

But - my DH assures me a crockpot is very safe. We just need to learn how to cook edible things in it, lol.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to stick

I absolutely LOVE my crockpot! Maybe you'd want to add the breading part closer to the end of the cook time? Not sure. The only thing with a bread-like topping I've made in there is chicken and dumplings (made it the other day in fact) - and I add the dumplings about 30 minutes before we eat. I usually just throw meat, veggies, and cream of __ soup/ gravy, broth, etc. in there and let it go.

Diva

I will have pizza tonight! I want to stay home and relax!

Resident

Swai fillets tonight. With butternut squash and salad.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to Laura40

last night i made a foil packet fish, using basa, mango chunks, blacks beans, onions, and mexican seasonings. Also made some rice pilaf for my honey.
Tonight we ordered in from a greek restaurant.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

Isn't anybody eating anymore?!?!

Last night was stuffed artichokes, creamy pumpkin soup and stuffed shrooms. DH had a steak, too.

Tonight will probably be some kind of take out.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics