Username Post: What's for dinner tonight?        (Topic#1555829)
FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to FinallyMama

Let's see...last night I tried a new recipe. It was ground chicken, spinich, chedder cheese and afew other things, made into patties and broiled. It was really good. DD didnt care for the texture and said I shouldnt make it again for a long time, but dh and I really enjoyed it. Something new!! I love that!! We had tater tots to go with them. They were fab, wish they turned out like that everytime I made them!! Then for dessert I made buckeye brownies. A HUGE hit!! They are to die for!! YUM!!!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

Tonight I made a new recipe. Honey Sesame Chicken with sweet potatoes and asparagus. DELISH!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to JayAndXansMom

Oh Angie...that sounds so good!!

We just ate a bowl of soup with some french bread!! It lacked!! But there's still buckeye brownies left so all will be well!!

Diva
In response to Laura40

On a very restricted diet due to illness so I can only have pasta with no sauce!..clear liquids and toast...sounds delicious???????????

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to bayamonesa1

Not at all sweetie!! Hope you feel better soon!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

I'm thinking pork chops for dinner tonight. Probably baked sweet potatoes, corn and biscuits.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

Last night was this:

http://skinnyms.com/tamale-casserole/

and it was AWESOME!!!

Tonight we are having this:

http://skinnyms.com/skinny-lasagna-rolls/

along with a salad

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

Last night we had some chicken cooked in the crock pot with chicken broth, mushrooms and seasonings. Made the broth into a gravy once everything was cooked. Made "skinny" mashed potatoes and green beans cooked with turkey bacon and onions.

Tonight is 'clean out the fridge' night. We have plenty of leftovers that need to be eaten. I will cook some yellow squash though because it needs to be eaten before it goes bad.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Last night was chicken and pasta. Tonight I'm not sure what to cook myself!! DH and DD are a bball game and will eat there. So I will just cook up something simple here at home!!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

I'm making homemade chicken pot pie tonight.

Last night was turkey smoked sausage with cabbage and yellow squash!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

I'm thinking bbq chicken with mash potatoes and broccoli tonight!! Maybe some rolls or biscuits as well!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

Something I don't overeat. Tofu and veggie stir fry with rice.

flhomeschoolmom
Veteran
flhomeschoolmom
In response to corrie fan

We're having chili tonight. It takes a while for me to cook it because I use beans in mine that don't come from a can. But it's not difficult to do, it provides a lot of left overs, and makes wonderful chili cheese fries.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to flhomeschoolmom

I'm going out for dinner with friends tonight but I'm making tamale casserole for the kids!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

I just mixed up some bread so now I'm thinking of something yummy and warm to go with it!! Dh is at a bball game all evening so that just leaves me and dd....I'm thinking venison stew!! That could be yummy!! Or potato soup. Hmmmmmmmmmm Oh, I don't have ham for the potato soup, and dd wouldn't think of eating it without. I guess stew it will be!! Not sure I need more than the bread, but dd probably does!!

flhomeschoolmom
Veteran
flhomeschoolmom

I think we are having spaghetti with home made meatballs, salad, and garlic bread tonight. Its easy, fairly quick, and nutritious. For lunch we're going to be having left over chili from last night,

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Tonight I'm making turkey meatloaf with broccoli. I'll add in another side item...just not sure what that is right now.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-23-13 08:58 AM

Last night we had a pinterest win - crockpot chicken fajitas. Put it in tortillas with shredded lettuce, tomato and cheese. Delish!

http://www.stacymakescents.com/fix-and-forget-friday -cr...

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to stick

Tonight is key west pork loin, sweet potatoes, mushrooms and zuccini fries along with some cornbread. All baking in the oven!! Love how easy it is to bake everything!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-23-13 06:35 PM

What is key west pork loin?

Jane reminds me that I haven't had tofu in a while, I need to pick some up. I like a high-protein extra-firm version because it fries beautifully! Which, yes, probably reduces it's healthiness but I don't care, lol.

Bayamonesa - clear liquids and carbs. Sorry!! Sounds so boring, I hope it's not a long-term thing. Although probably only a day or two of such a diet would FEEL long-term anyway

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics