Username Post: What's for dinner tonight?        (Topic#1555829)
FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to scraprabbit

Going out with my parents and sister tonight. We're going to red lobster. Not my favorite place. I usually get the alfredo without crab or shrimp or anything gross. But I'm thinking of trying their salmon. We shall see I suppose!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-12-13 10:16 AM
In response to FinallyMama

• FinallyMama Said:
.... crab or shrimp or anything gross ....

More for me, I guess, lol.

DH might throw together a chicken crockpot thing today. And we've got a bunch of brussels sprouts that need to be eaten.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to stick

I know, right??!! My family loves seafood!! We grew up in Maryland and they could swim in it!! But I have just never liked it!! I can handle crab or scallops once in a great while, but that's as far as I go!! I'm learning to eat fish. I really liked orange roughy, but can't buy it anymore. Apparently it's in dangered or something!! ooops. I do not like tilapia!! Yuck!! I love salmon though!! Of course that;s the fish my family refuses to eat!! We are a wierd bunch!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

I think we're having steak stir-fry tonight.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to scraprabbit

Pancakes for Shrove Tuesday.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to corrie fan

Leftovers. For about the 3rd night I a row. My BBQ beef recipe makes way too much and I'm pretty much over it. It's not even half gone, either.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-12-13 10:49 PM
In response to angie girl

Freeze it, Angie!! Most foods freeze very well, adds longevity to so many leftovers.

Diva
In response to BlingQueenRia

Not sure about tonight. Maybe pasta and garlic bread with some vegetables. Sounds good...I may do so!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to bayamonesa1

I'm planning on having orange chicken for dinner. Hopefully we have time between taxes and dd's youth group. I'm really wanting tator tots, just not sure they go with orange chicken!! Have to ask the fam about that!! Also want to make stuffed mushrooms. The bread is already made so it really shouldn't be to hard!!

Karen B
Diva
Karen B

Wednesday we went out for Chinese--Yum! Thursday I'm planning to make steak with garlic butter, fried potatoes, and either green beans or salad. Not going to fight the crowds at a restaurant on Valentine's.

Diva
In response to Karen B

I am having fish tacos and chips.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Last night we had eggs, toast and cornbeef hash.

Tonight I'm thinking chicken, stuff mushrooms, mac and cheese maybe and fresh bread...if I get off my tush and get it started!!

Diva

Tonight for me will be a salad and pasta. Not sure about bread...I hade bread all week. Must cut down eating bread! Don't know yet about dessert!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-15-13 06:30 PM

Junk salad tonight - which means anything and everything in the fridge and cupboards that will be good on salad.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to stick

Finally made the black bean quinoa tacos.

A few variations. No avaocado. I also did not make a pico de gallo but just added chopped tomatoes, onions and peppers to my taco. I did use some taco sauce and sour cream.

Not bad. It makes a tons so will likely have some as a "salad" by adding some chopped veggies to the mix.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to corrie fan

We just had sandwiches today!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-17-13 06:26 PM

I found a package of pre-cooked chicken andouille sausage in the fridge, and found a recipe online for a succotash with the sausage, lima beans, corn, tomatoes, and onion. I'll add shrimp, too, and probably some cajun seasoning. And to go with it my favorite duck fat cornbread. It's the pork crackling cornbread recipe from Joy of Cooking, but I use duck fat instead of pork.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to stick

Had planned on getting Greek food tonight but the hubs is sick so making pasta of some sort.

Diva
In response to BoBecca77

Maybe some rice and Bocca burgers with vegetables.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Ham, mash potatoes, gravy, green beans, maybe some candied sweet potatoes, and rolls. Ham is in the oven now, and I need to get going on the bread. Plus I want to make peach cobbler for dessert, so I need to make it too!! Fun, fun day!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics