Username Post: What's for dinner tonight?        (Topic#1555829)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-24-13 09:33 PM
In response to FinallyMama

Pizza tonight: awesome cornmeal crusts that we get locally, Muir Glen Pizza Sauce, fresh basil leaves, fresh mozzarella, turkey pepperoni slices, parmesan, topped with chopped basil after removing it from the oven. Yum!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to stick

Tofu and veggie stir-fry with rice.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-25-13 07:02 PM
In response to corrie fan

Roast chicken breasts (bone-in and skin-on) seasoned with dry bouquet garni and poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. And a side of chopped broccoli with a small amount of ditalini pasta (like salad macaroni) with fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan - basically a low-oil, chopped pesto.

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to stick

I have some rapini. Thinking of making some Rapini with Orecchiette and White Beans tomorrow night. Wait, make that Wed as I have a volunteer meeting tomorrow and won't be home for dinner. I should swing by the Italian grocer for the orecchiette pasta. And if you don't know, that is "little ear" shaped pastas. Nothing more.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-25-13 08:45 PM

There's a small chain restaurant here that does (or did, I haven't been in a while) a divine (and highly fattening, hence my not going there in a while, lol) orecchiette with spinach, chopped fresh tomato, and a gorgonzola cream sauce. Heaven in a bowl

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to stick

Lalalala. I can't read you.

I had tofu to get me back in control and portion controlled.

Sounds yummy.

But tons of garlic in oil with rapini, fresh tomatoes, beans and a dusting or Parmesan is also pretty good for a weekday.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Last night we had baked white fish, mac and cheese, corn and rolls.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Tonight was goulash with butter parm flat bread.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to stick

• stick Said:
Roast chicken breasts (bone-in and skin-on) seasoned with dry bouquet garni and poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. And a side of chopped broccoli with a small amount of ditalini pasta (like salad macaroni) with fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan - basically a low-oil, chopped pesto.

Yum!!!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to scraprabbit

Worked until 6 and had to be across town (close to work) for 7 so no dinner at home for me.

Went for a chicken sandwich at a place called Nando's. Flame grilled with a hot piri piri sauce.

Not bad.

The side dishes I could have done without. Rice was not needed and veggies were too oily for my liking.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
  • stick Said:

Yum!!!!

What she said!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Last night...
General Tso's tofu (spicy please!!)
Veggie spring rolls
Veggie fried rice

Tonight...???

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

What is piri piri sauce?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Just looked it up. Sounds good!! Almost like a spicy mojo sauce

Diva

Tilapia and very specific vegetables. I am on a very strict diet for two days prior my body scan. I can't wait for Friday!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to bayamonesa1

It's a fed yourself night here since dh is away at the girls bb district finails. So...I'm having salmon, roasted mushrooms and some garlic flat bread. DD is having mac and tator tots and flat bread, and who knows what else. I told her at long as she didn't eat carbs like this every night it would be ok!!

Diva

Again..some kind of fish and green vegetables!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to bayamonesa1

I put a pork loin in the oven an hour or so ago. Covered it with sauerkraut and it's starting to smell good in our house!! I'll make some mash potatoes, green beans and biscuits to go with it!! Had an idea for dessert but couldn't find chocolate grahm crackers at the store....so now on to something else!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

I'm not the only one eating am I?? Where is everyone??

Tonight we had pulled pork with last nights leftovers!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-01-13 04:21 PM

Busy, busy week, as usual!

Last night we had frozen breaded fish fillets, and brussel sprouts chopped up and sauteed with shallot, pistachios, and a sprinkling of lemon juice.

Day before we had ground turkey tacos with fresh salsa, cheese, and avocado.

Tonight ... no idea, probably something else from the freezer, hopefully we have something with vegetables in it because the veg drawer in the fridge is empty!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics