Username Post: What's for dinner tonight?        (Topic#1555829)
Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to stick

I finally made roasted brussel sprouts since I have heard several people talk about them and Pinterest is full of recipes for it.

We had grilled pork steaks, roasted brussel sprouts, corn and rolls.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-01-13 06:26 PM
In response to Trina_P

I usually do brussels sprouts by cutting them in half, steaming, then sauteeing in olive oil and garlic, then toss with butter and mustard. S&P as needed. I LOVE them this way. But the pistachio/shallot/lemon version is incredibly tasty, my new favorite.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-01-13 07:29 PM
In response to stick

Tuna melts tonight! Which means DH is cooking He's the sandwich master. The cheese is Trader Joe's cheddar with caramelized onion, so tasty! Since we're totally out of salad and etc., I'm just going on the fact that it's Friday night silliness. I'll have extra vegetables tomorrow

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to stick

Lasagna tonight. And while that was baking, I made a second one for the freezer, a spaghetti bake and 2 packs of beef fajitas for the freezer. I need to get my stockpile of freezer dinners back!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to scraprabbit

DD and DH had pizza. Ick!! I had a chicken, cream cheese, and cucumber wrap. It's very yummy!! I had to eat a light dinner because I made the best dessert that I am sure is full of hundreds of calories...all well worth it!! It's called Peanut Butter Chocolate Eclair Cake!! MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-02-13 06:28 PM
In response to FinallyMama

WOW! A bazillion calories of yumminesss!

We're having chicken italian sausages and a polenta/veg frozen mix from Trader Joe's, but I'll add more veg to it - sauteed onion, spinach, maybe some of the fresh salsa left over from a couple days ago.

Diva
In response to stick

Not sure...maybe quesadillas and fish. Not in the mood tonight to make something heavy.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to bayamonesa1

Going to my mothers for dinner tonight. My sisters birthday and she asked mother to cook chicken livers and mash potatoes. Sould be a fun evening!! Oye!!

Diva

Rice, beans and veggie burger. Not sure about dessert.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-06-13 10:18 AM

We had a crockpot of onions, chicken breasts, all the leftover homemade salsa, a little leftover pizza sauce, and some cracked wild rice to soak up the juices. Added a side of blanched green beans and carrots.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to stick

I'm trying a new recipe tonight. It's called Cheesy Enchilada Casserole. It looks and smells good. I'll throw it in the oven when I go pick up dh, and make a side of taco rice when we get back. Hope it all turns out yummy!!

Diva

My cooking, grocery shopping and eating will have a new twist. I have to eat only organic foods, not preservatives or hormones added. Cancer tumors are gone in ten months. No more chemo but staying under tumor-preventive medication for a while. SO happy!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

I'm so happy for you darlin!! No chemo is wonderful!! Good luck with the new diet!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Tonight I'm making honey glazed grilled chicken tenders, sour cream potatoes, green beans and biscuits!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Breakfast for dinner tonight. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns. Yum!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-07-13 05:59 PM
In response to scraprabbit

No chemo, congrats, that's awesome!!!

We're having Chili Lime Chicken burgers from TJ's - with cheese, tomato, special sauce (DH mixes mayo and ketchup and something else together), on one of those Orowheat skinny bread rounds. Probably a few french fries or tater tots, and a salad.

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P

• FinallyMama Said:
I'm trying a new recipe tonight. It's called Cheesy Enchilada Casserole. It looks and smells good. I'll throw it in the oven when I go pick up dh, and make a side of taco rice when we get back. Hope it all turns out yummy!!

I found and made a recipe with the same name on Pinterest and it was awsomely good!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Trina_P

That's where I found it!! And we all thought it was great. That doesnt happen in our house to often!! They want me to make it again already!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

We went to went out tonight. It was nice not to have to cook!! I had chicken with onions, mushrooms, red peppers, and zuccini. It was very yummy!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Sarah's breakfast sounded good the other night, so that's what I made for dinner tonight. Eggs, bacon, fried potatoes and toast!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics