Username Post: What's for dinner tonight?        (Topic#1555829)
FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to FinallyMama

Tonight we had venison steak, asparagus, roasted mushrooms and red skin potatoes that after cooking them, I semi-smashed them, added cheese and bacon to them and put in the oven until the cheese was all melted and gooy!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Roast with carrots and potatoes tonight. Love slow cooker nights!

Diva

Maybe cereal with Almond Milk...too tired and I will be getting home late.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to bayamonesa1

We made pizza!! DH and I had bbq chicken with mushrooms and dd had bacon and pepperoni!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Tonight was a new recipe for a standing pork roast. It was great. Mash potatoes and corn to go with it!! Left over peaches and cream dessert to finish it off!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-13-13 04:58 PM

We're having cauliflower cheese gratin with horseradish crust - it's basically like no-carb mac-and-cheese Not sure about additional protein or anything yet.

Diva
In response to stick

Pasta with vegetables, garlic bread sticks and ice tea.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to bayamonesa1

Cheesy Enchilda Casserole tonight!! It is so yummy!! I swear I could eat the whole thing by myself!! Took pix tonight so I can scrap it!! Yep....that good!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Beef stroganoff here tonight. Yum! Made a triple batch and froze two. Also made/froze two batches of chicken tetrazini, two batches of chicken enchiladas, and a spaghetti bake. I love a well-stocked freezer!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-14-13 05:40 PM
In response to scraprabbit

Okay, gonna need a link to the Cheesy Enchiladas!

Not sure what we're having - possibly just a pre-made chicken lasagna and salad.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to stick

I'll get the recipe link and post it.

Tongith is lasagna and fresh garlic bread sticks!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

And here's the link to the Cheesy Enchilada's:
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/10/cheesy-enchil ada...

Enjoy!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-16-13 05:43 PM

Yum, thank you! I think I'm having ready-made lasagna and a salad. DH had to go south today because his mom took a fall yesterday and messed her face up. She's doing okay but it's obvious we need to make some changes for her. So, I'm on my own for a week or possibly even two

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to stick

Oh dear!! Hope your MIL is ok!! We dealt with the same thing with my MIL last fall!! It's tough!! She hit her head when she fell and is even more confused now than before!! DH's half-brother cares for her now!! It makes it nice for her!! We all knew she wouldn't be happy with anyone else so it was really sweet of him to change his life to help her!! Good luck darlin!!

Tonight for dinner dh and dd had left over lasagna and I had bbq chicken and an apple salad!!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-17-13 04:33 PM

Thank you! She's actually doing quite well, they released her from the hospital today and it sounds like she's healing well, although she'll be on pain meds for a while. The problem is she hasn't always been taking her cane when she goes out, but this episode has taught her a lesson (I hope). So glad things are working out with your MIL! It's so hard when families aren't able to adjust.

Not sure what I'm eating tonight, but I'm making chicken stock in the crockpot and the smell is starting to make me crazy hungry

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to stick

Tonight is crockpot beef and broccoli and a side of fried rice.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Last night was supreme chicken (baked chicken topped with bacon, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream), twice baked potatoes, stuffing (from a box - ha!), and mixed veggies.

No clue about tonight!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Tonight will be roasted chicken, mash potatoes, gravy, noodles, stuffing, green beans and rolls!! Yummy!! I can't wait for dinner!! I love a big southern meal!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

We had porkchops and leftover stuffing/veggies.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-20-13 07:21 PM

I'm having TJ's Less Guilt frozen mac-and-cheese, a bunch of spinach, and a few frozen chicken nugget thingies (they're not too bad, I just need a little extra protein). DH isn't coming home for at least another week so I'm really trying to have healthy meals - I have a tendency when he's gone for a short time to pig out on something unnecessary at least once, and eat more convenient but higher calorie/fat foods in general. But, I'm putting on my big girl panties and paying attention and sending myself to the gym ..... all the while trying to give myself extra scrapping time in the weekday evenings because he isn't here so I can take up all the space in our small apartment!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics