Username Post: Tim Holtz Distress Stains        (Topic#1555883)
Sudie
Sudie 
New Kid On the Block
Sudie
  • Sudie on 03-28-11 04:54 PM

Have you tried them? What do you think?

Do you have a favorite color?

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to Sudie

LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! I can't choose a favorite really... but I do tend to use walnut stain the most

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to jessielee

Yup also love them to bits! I've used a few at demos, but only have the vintage photo which is my favorite of the distress lines.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to MrsAnnieS

I asked about these at the LSS, but they just got them in, so they really haven't had a chance to play with them yet.

I NEED PHOTOS! Post up what you've done with these. I'm still trying to decide if I "need" to invest in another line of his stuff.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to angie girl

I'm sorry Tim Holtz, but "Distress Stains" is a terrible terrible name. I can't stop giggling.

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to amandahugandkiss

Angie, have you seen the Tim Holtz video for this product? Pretty cool stuff...

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to amandahugandkiss

• amandahugandkiss Said:
I'm sorry Tim Holtz, but "Distress Stains" is a terrible terrible name. I can't stop giggling.

Hahaha, thanks Amanda, now I'm not going to be able to look at my bottles without laughing!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to AndieBee

I sort of don't understand the point of them, but I also haven't seen many examples of how they're used...

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to Smashley

Is it okay to post youTube links here?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to AndieBee

Okay, these are my NEW new favorite thing!! LOVE them!!!

Expert
In response to Manda_K

Must.Have.Stains. Even my 5yo that was watching a youtube video about them wants some! He does like to ink the edges of my papers for me. "She's better than you are..." was his comment about gal who did the video I was watching!!!

Sudie
Sudie 
New Kid On the Block
Sudie
  • Sudie on 03-29-11 05:08 PM
In response to HuskerMom98

Thanks, ladies. I got some and love them. I thought I was going to be able to pass on them. but back to stock up on all the colors.

giggling at Amanda. funny!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to Sudie

I will have to look on youtube to see the demos but I thought maybe they would just be the reinker with water? Is there more to them than that?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Christine19850

The reinkers are very concentrated. Tim says that one reinker drop is what they put in a pad! But, the Stains aren't like watered down reinker, the colors are just as bold as the pads. Just a new way to distress! It lets you cover more area with the same intense color as the pads. If you water down reinkers, you get watered down colors.

Edited by Manda_K on 03-30-11 04:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

akentuckygal
Diva
akentuckygal
In response to Manda_K

Love them, I hardly ever do a page without using the distress pads. I tend to use walnut stain and wild honey the most but have lately gotten into the blue's and love those.

Expert
In response to akentuckygal

I recently did a trip album using BG's Wander and I used a variety of Distress Inks on every page...the stains would have been very helpful at times! I love to use BG papers and am finding that a variety of the distress inks comes in very handy--even though I don't do alot of distressing or particularily care for the heavily distressed look.

tegan-nicole
Veteran
tegan-nicole
In response to HuskerMom98

LOVE THEM. I am not a big distresser mostly inking edges but the stains are great for chipboard. so much quicker and less messy than the inks.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to Manda_K

Thanks - will have to keep an eye out for them at my local!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics