Username Post: Organizing idea        (Topic#1555915)
GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap

For all of you who, like me, love organizing your scrapbooking things as much as playing with them, here's a great idea for storage for nestabilities. I don't have that many of them, but this is a great idea. I love that little box! (Check out the rest of the site, too, it's aaaaalll about organization! )

http://craftystorage.blogspot.com/2011/03/rees-nestabil ...

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to GaMtnScrap

You could probably also use an old floppy disk box.

I have a great one that's just sitting here waiting for something to do with it (too bad I don't have any nestabilities).

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

I have a great one that's just sitting here waiting for something to do with it (too bad I don't have any nestabilities).

That would also be great for unmounted and/or clear stamps. Easier to flip through.

Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79
In response to cat_woman

What are Nestabillities? I keep hearing about them but I do not know what is it.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to Ilka79

They're metal cutting dies that can be used for stencilling or embossing as well. They're nested shapes ie. each one fits inside the next.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 03-30-11 04:19 AM

This is a really great idea. I don't have enough(or plan to get enough to fill up a box that size) but for those who do its great. I keep mine in a purse shaped box that I covered to maatch my scrap room,in the skinny cd cases(only have one that is too big to fit).

Also if people can't find the magnetic sheets, the self stick magnets they make to attach to business cards work, I had a bunch left from when I had my daycare so I just stick one to the cd case and it works.

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:

Hey, now that's a good idea. And I think we have one of those at work in the "need it?-take it-or we'll toss it" box at work. I don't really have that many sets of Nestabilities though. I only have 3. For now, I just put a strip of magnet on the insides of the little laminated folder they come in, then store the folders in a little box with my Cuttlebug embossing folders. It works for now. But maybe I should grab that floppy disk file for later, in case I get more sets? Hmmm.....or would I be bordering on hoarding here.....

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to Christine19850

• Christine19850 Said:
They're metal cutting dies that can be used for stencilling or embossing as well. They're nested shapes ie. each one fits inside the next.

I only have 3 sets myself but I opted to go with some of the Label sets. I think the bigger ones make good journaling blocks while the smaller ones are great for dates and small labels.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay

Is it wrong of me to be sidetracked with jealousy of all those Nesties?

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to sunrenay

great idea!!! I bet we all have one of these or you can load up at the thrift store or yardsales on these!!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to SmartyPants

Thanks for the heads up on this blog. I love looking at the ones that have lots of organization ideas.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

That is awesome & timely! I just scored a bunch of Nesties, & I could also never bring myself to toss that old floppy box--just knew it would be good for something.

Since I spent all that, I'm not looking to spend more now on magnets, but I have an old cling/magnetic photo album from which I just rescued photos. Think that would trash the Nesties if I used that as backing pages for them?

Patti Sylvia
Diva
Patti Sylvia
In response to GemGirl

I have the few sets I own on one of those magnet strips that you put knives on...http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/product s/00136621

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to GemGirl

• GemGirl Said:
That is awesome & timely! I just scored a bunch of Nesties, & I could also never bring myself to toss that old floppy box--just knew it would be good for something.

Since I spent all that, I'm not looking to spend more now on magnets, but I have an old cling/magnetic photo album from which I just rescued photos. Think that would trash the Nesties if I used that as backing pages for them?

I don't know if they would trash them, wouldn't think so, but I don't know if the magnet part would be strong enough. I just got a package of magnet strips at Walmart. They are strips about 3/4" wide and 3" inches long with adhesive already on the back, there's about 15 strips in the package (guessing here, I'm not at home to check the package) and it cost a little over $1 for the pack. It's in the kids craft section where the fun foam stuff is. I just use one, two, or three strips per set, depending on how large they are. Like I said in an earlier post, I use the little folder thingees the nesties come in, and just put the strips on each side of the inside of the folder. I put the larger lies on one side and use two strips, one at top and one at bottom. Then on the other side of the folder I put the smaller ones, and usually one magnetic strip in the center is enough to hold them. I'm not at home now, or I'd take a picture of it because it's kind of hard to explain in words! But, anyway, I'd suggest looking into using the strips instead of the large magnet sheets. You can put them on chipboard or something you already have, and it'd be cheaper.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

Thanks, GaMtScraps, that WILL fit into the budget!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850

I've done the same thing! We've just created new product codes for everything at our warehouse, and they use magnetic strip with a dymo label on them with the code. There was HEAPS of magnetic strip that couldn't be reused and one of the guys actually came up to the office and asked if it was something I could recycle instead of just throwing it out. So sweet! So now I have a box of magnetic strip that hasn't cost me a cent! I'll probably end up using some for our wedding invites & thank you notes down the track too. I love recycling

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850

I love my labels one - they look so elegant! I am very much a circle person which is why I went for the plan and scalloped but I've started using digi images and most of the people would fit better in an oval, so I think I'll put them on my birthday list. I also love the new parisian accents. What am I saying? I them all - totally addicted!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics