Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: I need to move to Australia because..        (Topic#1555947)
cdynan
cdynan 
Resident
cdynan

everytime I find someting on a layout in the gallery that I absolutely have to have, I find out it is from Australia. I have seen wrought iron fences, cloud flourishes and more. You have some great products down under!

Edited by cdynan on 03-30-11 08:15 AM. Reason for edit: punctuation

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to cdynan

I'll be carrying some great Australian embellishments from Flourish With a Bling. Just waiting for my shipment to arrive.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to AndieBee

The chippie gates and flourishes are most likely from Dusty Attic, an Australian company. I think some of the ladies here sometimes group together to make bulk orders so the shipping isn't crazy. I've gotten a few pieces in my monthly kit club and they're AWESOME!!

cdynan
cdynan 
Resident
cdynan
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:
The chippie gates and flourishes are most likely from Dusty Attic, an Australian company. I think some of the ladies here sometimes group together to make bulk orders so the shipping isn't crazy. I've gotten a few pieces in my monthly kit club and they're AWESOME!!

I would love to be part of that if it ever happens again!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to cdynan

Funny most of the things in my local are from the US! I love Kaisercraft (I have an outlet not too far from home) but I think most of our products are expensive because the exchange rate has been so poor in the past. Now that it's nearly on par with the US$ I've been buying more things online and just using my local for cardstock, classes and other consumables like adhesives.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Christine19850

if you have a cricut, there's a ton of awesome iron gates on Ornamental Iron.

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps
In response to CommaHolly

LOL...Most of my customers are from Australia! Even more so since I started doing group buys and special orders!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Kozy Scraps

Kaisercraft Flourishes can now be found here at the site Superstore!

I received both of the dressforms (as seen below) from a friend in Australia. But now because of it, I think I also now need 1 of everything, as well!

Products Referenced in This Post:

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to KellyCali

I LOVE my Kaisercraft stuff! I used the candelabra with the after 5 papers on a card pictured in my gallery. Their papers are quite inexpensive compared to other brands on the market here in Australia too.

kimmyc70
Idol
kimmyc70
In response to cdynan

I wish Scrapbook.com would become a stockist of the Aussie brand "ScrapFX", they have some incredible wood/chipboard embellishments and die-cuts. Dusty Attic is gorgeous too. Sigh.

Kirilee
Tenant
Kirilee
In response to kimmyc70

Please tell me all these Australia agencies! I don't know them and I live in this country

tam7
tam7 
Expert
tam7
  • tam7 on 05-26-11 01:32 PM
In response to Kirilee

i live in australia and i buy from this site because its got sooo much more than any site in australia i have been able to find lol. i told my partner for my b'day he can send me to america with his credit card (didnt happen) want to swap places for a week or two?? :-0

Kirilee
Tenant
Kirilee
In response to tam7

• tam7 Said:
i live in australia and i buy from this site because its got sooo much more than any site in australia i have been able to find lol. i told my partner for my b'day he can send me to america with his credit card (didnt happen) want to swap places for a week or two?? :-0

Which state do you live in? Because I know that there are two scrapbook stores within a 15 minute driving distance from my house both with an AMAZING selection of items.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to tam7

Hi Tam I'm in Cairns and go to a store in Babinda (near Innisfail) called Scrap Therapy. They're on facebook and have their own website. They have flat rate shipping Australia wide. They have a lot of things in store that aren't on their website yet so if you see something that you want but they don't have it pictured on their website just give them a call - Danny and Lee-Anne are lovely and are very competitively priced. I've gotten a couple of things from SB.com but you've got to spend a fair bit of money to make it worth the shipping. They have the cheapest distress inks I've seen anywhere in Australia!

tam7
tam7 
Expert
tam7
  • tam7 on 07-22-11 03:47 AM
In response to Kirilee

Hi, I live in the NT but will be moving to QLD or NSW at the end of the year, we still aren't sure which one it will be as we have 'positives' and 'negatives' for both but either one will be great as they have more scrap stores than what we have here (none)!

tam7
tam7 
Expert
tam7
  • tam7 on 07-22-11 03:50 AM

Hi Christine, I just had a peek at the online store you told me about, its got quite a bit of stuff, thanks so much for that, I'm going to have a bit more of a look tomorrow when i have a bit more time, happy scrapping.
Tamara

Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima
In response to tam7

I always say i need to move to the United States because they have so much more than Canada...Oh and the prices are soooo much better to..

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Kasima

love seeing products from other places!!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to tam7

• tam7 Said:
Hi, I live in the NT but will be moving to QLD or NSW at the end of the year, we still aren't sure which one it will be as we have 'positives' and 'negatives' for both but either one will be great as they have more scrap stores than what we have here (none)!

You'd have to move to Queensland - much nicer place ;-)

tam7
tam7 
Expert
tam7
  • tam7 on 07-28-11 08:42 PM

I've been to QLD several times and loved it more each time i went back, at the moment my partner and I are looking at MT Isa or Ballina/Lismore area as thats where his family are in NSW, so cant wait to get out of the NT and move to a place that has ACTUAL paper craft stores!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics