Page 1 of 19 
Username Post: NEW LAYOUTS----APRIL        (Topic#1555997)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

This thread is for sharing love on new layouts. Thanks Terry for hosting March!

If you don't do a lot of challenges, this is a great thread for getting your wonderful work seen and even if you do a lot of challenges...well one can never have too much love!!

It's a challenge of sorts though.... keeping up on giving love can be a real challenge!! We all JCI (Just Check(ing) In) often and try so hard to be ACU (All Caught Up) and MMS (Mark My Spot)... but let a day go by and you'll be VFB (Very Far Behind). We've also been known to toss about and create some new acronyms!!

The rules for this thread are simple: Post a newly uploaded layout, card or project, get comments and give comments on everyone's pages. No "drop and runs" please. If you get love be kind enough to give love back. There are NO CHALLENGES and NO Requirements on the TYPE of comments you leave, just be sincere but if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all. But I'm sure you can think of something nice to say =)

Please also remember several people post here; try not to flood the post with too many layouts at once. Please be considerate and do not post more than 5-7 in any post. No limit per day.

So, think you can do it??? Then come on by and join the fun! This thread has gained a fairly regular following. We enjoy seeing new people come by to share their work and join in the fun! You can join in at any time. Just remember that it is more fun if you give love and get love too!

Here is how to put your layout photo on a thread: 1. Go to layout/picture you want to post on the thread. 2. Scroll down to where it says "Share everywhere" 3. Click the Link/Embed Tab 4. Click on the "IMG CODE (for forums and bulletin boards)" Make sure the little green dot is in front of that phrase now. 5. Select what size you want the picture to be on the thread, most of us select "large". 6. Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below: 7. Paste the code to the thread as a new post. When you paste it you will only see the code. The picture will not appear until you post or preview your reply.

While this is a laid back community of artists and crafts people sharing their work and support, it's not a place to just drop off work and not visit the galleries of others in the thread. We encourage you to enjoy all the marvelous talent and leave comments! Should you encounter a problem with another poster in this thread, please PM them directly to ask your question or resolve your issue. The hostesses are not referees and can't step in the middle for you.

Speaking of hostesses..... this is a collaborative effort. We are rotating the job of hosting the thread. Included in the opening post is the schedule of hostesses over the next couple months. If you are interested in hosting.... please PM the current month's hostess to let her know. (BTW - the current month's hostess would be the one who started the thread) Hope everyone has a wonderfully creative month and gains inspiration and encouragement from each other!

Hostesses:

May ----- Terry
June----- Anna
July-----???????

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Hi yall! I'm here for another month of wonderful layouts!

Terry, do you really exercise at 9pm? There is no way I could do that! I'd never fall asleep after exercising that late at night!

Jenn, I bet you have a very interesting job. Do you see any good stuff or is it only the bad stuff? I'm not sure I could continue to do business with that lss lady knowing she was involved with drugs. And as someone else posted, that probably explains her higher prices too.

Donna, I know you are excited to see your son. I'm excited for you because I know how I get when I haven't seen my daughter in a long time. I think the longest we have ever gone is three months without seeing each other but we talk, email, and/or text daily. So I hope your time with him is extra special. Enjoy!

I hope to get some scrapping done this month, but not sure I will get much more done this month than I did in March. I only got two layouts done last month but did do a bunch of cards. I've got a lot going on this month with work, family and extended family activities plus trying to do some spring cleaning.

Edited by Anna C on 03-31-11 05:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 03-31-11 05:35 AM
In response to Anna C

I can't wait for APRIL! I'm so sick of the winter weather - we're supposed to get more this weekend with a real messy night tomorrow. AND we're starting the redo of my scrap room (aka den) on Saturday! Woo hoo!

Anna - it's something different every day. Yesterday I went geocaching for a story, which was awesome (I think I've found DH's newest hobby, he'd love that kind of thing). It can also be very dark, like the court stuff, it can stay with you a long time. And it can be frustrating dealing with the public sometimes, I tend to be the last line before people get to my boss, so I deal with a lot of angry people. That's why I try to do something scrappy every night, it's a way to refocus before going to bed and get some of the bad out of my mind before going to sleep.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to J-M

yep Anna I do...sometimes it's just the old exercising like we were taught in gym class plus walking in place. Or like last night I went out to the eliptical and worked out. I don't go to bed until midnight usually so it doesn't seem to bother me.

Thanks Donna!!!! Saw the boldness & I like it...

Hey Jeannie--aren't you going to post your Before & After lo here too? It is gorgeous!

It's my youngest son's birthday today and of course he's not here but in upstate NY working. Need to go email!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Abby0317

Good morning and what a glorious day...should get up to at least 80 today. I may get out and do some yard work...and scrap.
Jenn it sounds like you have to steel yourself like a law officer..a cop...with some of the things I know you must face (dh is in law enforcement). Must be awfully interesting too.
Anna at least you're finding time to make cards...you make great ones. I miss your layouts.
And thanks Terry for asking about my layout.
First I was sick, then waiting to add journaling (which ended up on the back0 and then I decided to wait for April. I also am dropping off another lo, one which I was also waiting to journal on....waiting for a slick writer..can't use my regular scrap pens on those semi glossy surfaces. I've ruined one or two of those diecut thingies with ink that smeared..I have a glossy writer fine tip on order. Anyway here's that lo without journaling. My younger dd used to belong to a makeup forum and this photo and makeup was for a challenge. ...she was 16.

Now and Forever By Dollscrap

Bling it On By Dollscrap

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Abby0317

Hey Thanks for hosting this month Donna. I think the bolded rules are a good addition but I bet it won't work for the rude ones. Oh well, it never hurts to try!

So Terry, you only sleep from 12 to 6? That's not long enough at all for me. I've always needed more sleep than most. I feel best after 9 hours of sleep. I sure hope the exercise helps you feel better. So here's a YOU CAN DO IT (Bela Karolyi style) from me.

Jenn, your job sounds interesting with something new everyday.

For those that commented on the title in my Toy Crazy lo, the title is a Jolee's sticker that I outlined in black to make it stand out against the pp. I've had it forever and hadn't used it yet. I originally got it for my granddaughter's pages but thought it would be perfect for the lo of the twins playing at my mom and dad's. The gate is there to keep all the toys from spilling into the dining room and causing a trip.

Anna, yes, Bryce is my son that got married three weeks ago. He went from 6 pounds 8 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long to 6 foot 2 inches tall. You will be seeing the transistion as I work on his 2nd album.

Happy April y'all!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

I wish I could sleep 9 hours. I go to bed late and then read and am usually up by 7 or 7:30. If I go to bed earlier I wake up even earlier. The dogs always wake ME up early to be fed..even if everyone is home and up...it's ME...I must be the alpha b*tch.

Yeah Donna thanks for hosting.

Good luck Terry with the exercise. My husband works out (has for 40 years) at the gym 5 days a week for 3 hours. I am the total opposite..which explains why he bounced back from the flu in two days and I still feel like cr*p. (but better).

Denise..will there be any wedding layouts soon??

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to dollscrap

Of course, Jeannie, wedding layouts are coming! It will be a bit though. We are waiting for them to be edited (photographer is an IT for the school district). Last time we talked he was 2/3 of the way through them. When he finsishes them I will have to order them.

Jeannie, I must admit that my sleep patterns have changed drasticly the past three years. It takes longer and longer to fall asleep and then I don't want to get up til noon. I HATE it.

I love your Then and Now lo, its so very pretty!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Jeannie, love the then and now lo! I tend to struggle with using the old photos. I usually scrap the current photos or at least ones within a year or so. But I may have to drag out an old photo of us and get a current one....

By the way Jeannie, what are the new punches you used in your layouts? I didn't see the link in the product section. I really like both of them.

Terry, I went to the Y around 7:30 or 8:00 pm a while back and did my usual routine. Came home and took a shower and it took me forever to go to sleep. But I am not a late nighter, but an early riser. I usually go to the Y first thing after work because if I don't go as soon as I get home, I can find plenty of excuses not to go. I would love to go first thing in the mornings but since I commute to work, it just runs me to short on time to get to work on time.

Jeannie, your dh must be in wonderful shape. I wish I was as discplined as he is!

Denise, I figured that was your son in your profile photo. He's a handsome young man. I look forward to seeing all of your wedding layouts too. You are such a fast scrapper so I know it won't take you long to get his album ready. It will be three years in June since my dd got married and I'm still working on their album. Almost finished with their engagement album and did finish up the honeymoon album in time for their first Christmas but that wedding album is still in the works.

Jenn, I think your line of work sounds very interesting. Think it is too late for a career change for me? I've been in finance for over 30 years so don't think there's time for a redo!

Sorry for rambling today. I'm at work. It is extremely slow and it is raining and cold. Just need to pass the time a bit.

Edited by Anna C on 03-31-11 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Anna C

Anna..re the punches. I got them both at Ms. The one I used on Now and Forever is this one
Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Craft Punch Set - Cherish, BRAND NEW

Here's the one from Bling it On.
Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Craft Punch Set - Vintage Floral, BRAND NEW

Here is another one you might like...it is the one I was originally looking for..Ms was out of it...I'm getting it next with my coupon.
Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Large Craft Punch Set - Wild Flowers, BRAND NEW

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

ACU and thought since everyone is commenting on exercise I would let you know what I do. On my days off (4 days a week) I exercise from 7-9. I switch up my routine. Every other day I use my Wii Fit Plus the other days I use Jullian Michaels 2010, Susan Powter Burn Fat, Get Fit video, Billy Blanks Tae-bo, and/or Joyce Vedral Speedy Non-stop video. Occasionally I still do the Just Dance 2 on the Wii. I am 5 days away from my 30 pounds in 90 days goal and am only 4 pounds away from reaching it!!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

Cheryl, you are awesome, my sincere congratulations! There's NO way I could do that, I have two bad left feet and can't keep up with videos. I am a klutz. lol

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to rockmom

Cheryl..I don't know how to set up the WII but you inspired me so I went to work in the yard til I was too pooped to pop (which didn't take long..weeding in the hot sun ya know)....back here on my butt now.

Abby0317
Mayor
Abby0317
In response to dollscrap

On the exercise stuff I also have 2 bad knees and due to last years *fun* stuff, I'm weak weak weak. Need to get back and go even farther in both energy & stamina. I do have the Tae Bo video...I think I'll plug that in tonight. I am in total awe of your accomplishments in the weight loss and exercise area Cheryl--way to go

I love both your LOs Jeannie and those punches--wow! I was working & listening to HSN because MS was on. She's got some cool punches coming out. One in Sept on hsn is a gorgeous snowflake set and she's also now has these "punch anywhere" ones. Coolest thing I've seen...punching in the middle of a 12x12 pp? Amazing...

Can't wait for the wedding lo Denise....

DH is about home & I need to fix supper.

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Abby0317

Yay April! I dont know about you ladies but Im ready for some spring!!

of course we got 4" of snow yesterday and Aubrey and I built a snowman. April fools to us!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to HerHighness68

Yay Her Highness is back..love your layouts!

Terry cannot imagine punching in the middle of a 12x12..can't wait to see it.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 03-31-11 05:45 PM
In response to dollscrap

Nah, Anna, there are financial journalists! I just get to make a living being a jack of all trades and master of none! lol

Any idea how big this punch might be? It's about time someone comes out with this kind of thing!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to J-M

Jenn, its a square the size of the larger deep punches. Its two pieces - a top and bottom.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to rockmom

Hi ladies!
Donna, thanks for hosting and I love your new bold suggestions!..and enjoy the time with your son!
Here's a couple I did this past weekend at my sister's.
Glamour Puss (Dad said!) By Scrapkaty
Pitcher Perfect By Scrapkaty
Punkin Heads By Scrapkaty

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Scrapkaty

Jenn...I'm with you...I'm so sick of winter...especially this year..SO ready for spring...Luckily it's acting like spring FINALLY.. we had blue skies, bright sunshine, and warm temps...and still have a couple feet of snow out there!..but it's melting fast!
Denise...Can't wait to see the wedding layouts!
Cheryl, congrats on your weight loss and good luck on reaching your goal. That's so awesome.
Sarah, welcome back!!
Jeannie...I'm kicking myself for not checking out that punch at the LSS in Berkeley! I was headed down the aisle towards it but then I got distracted by those bins full of clearance items.

Page 1 of 19 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics