Username Post: Deep Cut Blade Question        (Topic#1556093)
scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread

Several months ago I bought the Deep Cut Blade and Housing for my Cricut Expression. I just tried using it for the first time. I was cutting the cardboard that is used to back picture frames. It is the thickness of 3 pieces of cardstock stacked. My blade, set on #6, will not cut all the way through this. Any one else have problems with this blade or am I doing something wrong? I have the pressure set as high as it will go and the speed on the second setting.
Any help will be appreciated.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to scrapnread

You may need to do a mulitcut...but remember some chipboard is too thick for the machine to handle.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to HisGEM

Thanks. I will try it. This cardboard isn't even half as thick as the chipboard I have bought.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

Multicut should handle this.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

At the risk of revealing myself to be nearly blind (& not always very alert), I had the same problem & found I'd put the dang blade in upside down, as in the sharp end up into the housing carriage. I was showing it to DH, saying, "No wonder it won't work, it's not even sharp!" If you can run it over a sheet of scrap paper with no effect, something similar may be the problem.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to GemGirl

and you have THEREFORE discovered embossing with the cricut, Gem there's a tut on how to turn your blade upside down and emboss with it

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics