Username Post: Placed my first order here finally!        (Topic#1556357)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Being my first order I kept it small and got the little Tim Holtz paper distresser! Think I was able to get 10% off sunday.

I so can't wait to get it!

So was wondering how you guys like it and if you have any examples for me or tell me of your favorite ways to use it? I've looked at some of the projects some have done from that product page and they are so neat!

Products Referenced in This Post:

NoWomanNoCry
Resident
NoWomanNoCry
In response to Cindyckj

Congrats! Sorry never used product but have been wanting to. Good luck!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to NoWomanNoCry

My sanding sponge just doesn't seem to do the trick as well as I want. So i'm hoping this will! lol

OMGITSEMILY074
Guru
OMGITSEMILY074
In response to Cindyckj

Tim holtz is comming to Florida and teaching very exciting. He always does the coolest stuff

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to OMGITSEMILY074

• golacoste Said:
Tim holtz is comming to Florida and teaching very exciting. He always does the coolest stuff

How cool is that! Are you going? That would be so fun and he sure is nice to look at too. lol

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 04-06-11 12:17 AM
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
Being my first order I kept it small and got the little Tim Holtz paper distresser! Think I was able to get 10% off sunday.

I so can't wait to get it!

So was wondering how you guys like it and if you have any examples for me or tell me of your favorite ways to use it? I've looked at some of the projects some have done from that product page and they are so neat!

I have a ton of Tim Holtz products, but I don't have this...I tear my paper and use the edge of my cutterbee scissors to get the distressed result..I will probably buy one of these eventually.

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 04-06-11 12:19 AM
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
  • golacoste Said:

How cool is that! Are you going? That would be so fun and he sure is nice to look at too. lol

He lives here in Arizona , where I am, and teaches random classes here all the time, I haven't been yet. The classes are slammed packed, and I'm not really into that kind of enviroment, but I may eventually go with a friend, just to go.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to rtay

I'm one of the very few that don't actually "get" the TH products. I've got the Heidi Swapp one and it does a pretty good job, but that said, I'm not THAT much into distressing. The TH distresser looks like it has a lot more possibilities, though.

bwasek
bwasek 
Expert
bwasek
In response to meezerpleaser

I have it and like the look it gives. I'm not a huge distresser though.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 04-06-11 12:18 PM
In response to bwasek

I have the one from Stampin' Up that looks a lot like the TH one. I really like it and have been using it quite a bit.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to meezerpleaser

• meezerpleaser Said:
I'm one of the very few that don't actually "get" the TH products. I've got the Heidi Swapp one and it does a pretty good job, but that said, I'm not THAT much into distressing. The TH distresser looks like it has a lot more possibilities, though.

I'm kinda the same way about the TH products too. I have a couple of the ink pads and I love those but his distress stickles I don't really get because I love the glitter to shine. lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Cindyckj

I've had the TH distresser for a while now and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It has 7 little distressing blades so it's lasting me a while. I bought the We R memory keepers cute little heart one and don't like it at all. The blade slides back inside the heart when I'm trying to distress and the sand paper falls off.
I will definitely replace the TH one when needed.

Edited by tinadn on 04-06-11 02:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to tinadn

I have the Tim Holtz paper distresser and I love it!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to debby_westbrook

Yay that's great to hear ladies! My order has been approved for 3 days now. I hope it ships soon! Even more excited now to get it!

Thank you!

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to tinadn

I have a making memories one, it has done the job...esp. for 3.95, my mom, went to get one and they were sold out so she ended up with the We R Memory Keepers one...she hates it as well. (borrows mine when she can) I think I will order her the TH one for Mom's day. Great Days.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to JazzieLynne

I didn't think the $5 something was too bad and 10% off of that but had to pay shipping. Oh well. lol

My first order though to see how things go and next time i'll wait for a free shipping.

How ofter do they do the free shipping?

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Cindyckj

I have an order pending i haven't sent it in yet. I'm hooping the ship time isn't that long.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to cescrapper

I use it to distress the edges of paper and cardstock...and that's really all you can use it for. Make sure you do it over a garbage can - the paper snow gets messy! I have tons of LOs in my gallery on which I used this distresser and other TH products. Feel free to take a look!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Smashley

Yay It arrived today! Just messed with it on a few different types of scrap paper but that is really neat! I like!

It's alot smaller that I thought it would be.

I will get lots of use out of it!

And I see what you mean Smashley about the paper snow! lol

Thanks guys!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics