Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Money Saving Tips...        (Topic#1556437)
JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to planty

I am glad that you have said that about your cricut, I have one... and I HAVE TO LEARN TO USE IT...especially to it's full potential. @planty, your LO's are GREAT. I have seen flowers made from old books before, but will have to expand my horizons. Thanks.

NoWomanNoCry
Resident
NoWomanNoCry
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Quote:
Jazzie I see from your number of post that you may be new to the board. Your question is by far the most asked question on the board. It get's asked like clockwork every two or three weeks. This is why you may not get a lot of responses. I see someone has already posted some past threads on the same subject.
I wish I could add something new on the subject but as I mention is comes up so often we all are repeating ourselves and repeating ourselves and repeating ourselves...

Looking up is one way to find things out..sure. I also feel that even when it comes to same old question being asked you still get different ideas alot of times..I read alot of post like this and just from this one I learned a few things or two.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to NoWomanNoCry

so new ladies...
Do you think it is better for us regulars "to post the past links and give some insights as to why there are not a lot of responses"
or "do you think we should just ignore the question?"

Because it does seem people take offense when we post the past threads or don't respond.

You tell us...what should we do when this exact same question gets asked next week?

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364

Jazzie - there is a Cricut forum on here too - and the Cricut 101 is amazing. And don't be afraid to ask questions - we are all here to help and answer questions - even some of the "tenured" people ask questions from time to time, so don't let that scare you.

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to Peg364

Thanks Margaret, I will look that up tonight...hopefully my cricut and I will become friends.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
so new ladies...
Do you think it is better for us regulars "to post the past links and give some insights as to why there are not a lot of responses"

Because it does seem people take offense when we post the past threads or don't respond.

You tell us...what should we do when this exact same question gets asked next week?

At the risk of appearing snarky, I'm inclined to continue to post the old links.

Or maybe we should just BUMP the old threads?

{I have more to say, but am afraid it will be misinterpretted and the conversation will quickly turn ugly, so... I shall stop here.}

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• NoWomanNoCry Said:
  • Quote:
Jazzie I see from your number of post that you may be new to the board. Your question is by far the most asked question on the board. It get's asked like clockwork every two or three weeks. This is why you may not get a lot of responses. I see someone has already posted some past threads on the same subject.
I wish I could add something new on the subject but as I mention is comes up so often we all are repeating ourselves and repeating ourselves and repeating ourselves...

Looking up is one way to find things out..sure. I also feel that even when it comes to same old question being asked you still get different ideas alot of times..I read alot of post like this and just from this one I learned a few things or two.

Yes, it is. Amanda posted a wonderfully helpful tutorial on how to search the forums.
How to Search the forums

If you're looking for "new" ideas, another thing to do it resurrect an old thread on the same topic.

Just my two cents' worth.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Bxr-Linda

Yep. Read the old threads, and if they don't cover it all, bump it to the top or ask a question within the old thread.

At least, that is how I would do it.

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to amandahugandkiss

Ditto

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to cat_woman

I am going to make my own glimmer mists tonight! Thanks for the tip.

astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory
In response to planty

Hi! I just wanted to say to the original poster, THANK YOU for posting this question! Saving money is not something I think about (although heaven knows I should) and so wouldn't think to search the forums. So in refreshing the topic and making a new post, you're bringing it to the attention of folks, and possibly getting fresh input from new people as well!

As for saving money, well, the only thing I do is utilize those 40% and 50% off coupons. If I think of anything else, I will be sure to share.

Once again, thank you for posting your question! I for one appreciate it. And my wallet might, too!

NoWomanNoCry
Resident
NoWomanNoCry
In response to astrangevictory

• Quote:
Hi! I just wanted to say to the original poster, THANK YOU for posting this question! Saving money is not something I think about (although heaven knows I should) and so wouldn't think to search the forums. So in refreshing the topic and making a new post, you're bringing it to the attention of folks, and possibly getting fresh input from new people as well!

As for saving money, well, the only thing I do is utilize those 40% and 50% off coupons. If I think of anything else, I will be sure to share.

Once again, thank you for posting your question! I for one appreciate it. And my wallet might, too!

I couldnt agree more

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne

Thank you ladies!!! I did it! Made my own mists and they turned out great. (splitcoaststampers) anyway, I figured out that for approx. $10 I can get about 20 bottles of mist! At my LSS I pay $7.95/bottle of smooch spritz! So thank you, thank you for that tip.
Products Referenced in This Post:

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
so new ladies...

I think you should just ignore them or post "here's a link to a thread you might find useful".

And really, what does it matter if the same thing gets posted next week?

Kylagirl
Guru
Kylagirl
In response to leslief

I love the idea about using wallpaper samples!!!

Edited by Kylagirl on 04-08-11 02:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to Kylagirl

Planty, great ideas about the book prints... your pages are lovely! And Jazzie, the glimmer mists you made are perfect! I know someone else who made her own...it does not look that hard either.
And good push on using the cricut... mine does not get used nearly enough!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
so new ladies...

Well, if you don't want to answer it, just ignore it. Keep in mind that there are new people joining this site every day, and they can learn tons from us "oldies". They're not always familiar with how to look things up - heck, I'm not familiar with how to look things up. But they learn by asking. I always take a look at the various posts, even ones that have been asked before - and I almost always learn something new!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Gelidy Gelato Said:

I will be posting links to old threads if I think it's necessary. I'm not doing it because I'm sick of seeing repeat threads but because I find that certain threads have some excellent content and that some of the past contributors no longer post here and it would be a shame for someone to overlook what they have to say because they're new and don't know about the earlier threads.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
  • Gelidy Gelato Said:
so new ladies...

Well, if you don't want to answer it, just ignore it. Keep in mind that there are new people joining this site every day, and they can learn tons from us "oldies". They're not always familiar with how to look things up - heck, I'm not familiar with how to look things up. But they learn by asking. I always take a look at the various posts, even ones that have been asked before - and I almost always learn something new!

Well, may I direct you to my tutorial on how to search the forums???

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15530...

Edited by amandahugandkiss on 04-08-11 05:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to amandahugandkiss

I think all the tips I have may have been covered already. To save money on ink since I print my own photos, I make photo templates out of those white sheets that come in albums. I cut them down to the sizes I can print and then use them to plan my pages. Then I just have to print my photo once.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics