Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Trash disposal        (Topic#1556463)
dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I recently saw a hint that I loved - now I'm hoping I didn't see it here, and apologize if I'm repeating someone else. Keep an EMPTY Kleenex box on your desk (I like the little square ones) and toss those little bitty scraps, paper from the back of labels, etc. into it as you work. The plastic insert in the Kleenex box will keep them from falling out, even if it gets knocked over. And when it's full, just toss the whole box into your trash and replace it with a new one! I didn't do a lot of decorating on mine since the boxes are pretty cool as is, but did tie an organdy ribon around it (just because I could).

nrthwdscrapper
Mayor
nrthwdscrapper
In response to dwelch

Oh that is a cool idea.

Jessica_
Guru
Jessica_
In response to nrthwdscrapper

great idea! using this next time!!!

NoWomanNoCry
Resident
NoWomanNoCry
In response to Jessica_

great idea! Thanks for sharing:)

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to NoWomanNoCry

What a great idea - this would be great for all the staples and used labels I generate at my desk at work.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to aquabunny

Really neat idea! Thanks!

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to uruvero

This is what I use as a trash can when I go to crops. Only, I made mine reusable and it collapses for traveling. I used a tall square one and carefully opened the sides being sure not to tear the flaps. I then put an eyelet on one flap, tied a piece of ribbon through the eyelet, and then attached a large brad somewhat loosely on the other flap. I did this on both sides. When I go to a crop and want my table top trash can, I open the box and the flaps, and wrap the ribbons around the brads (which is why you want the brads a little loose to allow room for the ribbon). This keeps it open and ready. When I'm ready to leave the crop (or just need to empty it), I open one of the sides by unwrapping the ribbon, empty the trash into a trash can, unwrap the ribbon on the other side and collapse my box. It folds flat and fits right inside my Iris keeper with my unused kits. I would post a picture of it, but I'm not at home right now. I hope I've explained it well enough, though, that you get the idea! I made this because I'm used to a small table top trash can at home but it wasn't something that could travel very well, and I hate using grocery bags taped to the side of the table as a trash bag (which is what I've always seen at crops!). Hope you try this out and like it! (And because it's reusable, you can decorate it however you want!)

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364
In response to GaMtnScrap

This is such a smart idea - way better than my ice cream bucket that keeps getting knocked over. I am going to try this - Thanks

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Peg364

Great idea.

I use this:

Products Referenced in This Post:
Chatterbox - Tag-Along (Discontinued)

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to Peg364

I have several of those little metal pails that are in the $ bin at Michaels. When friends come over to scrap, everyone gets a little pail. I do like the idea of Kleenex boxes and hope that GaMtnScrap posts pictures when possible because that sounds really cool.

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-07-11 11:57 AM
In response to scrapnread

That's so clever! I bet it would work so much better than my system of grocery store bags!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to J-M

I use the CD spindle covers myself. They're hard to knock over (at least me and my friends find this to be so) and I always have some.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to moxiegirl23

New use for a product I have around the house; love it!

ollychelle
Expert
ollychelle
In response to ASiverson

Found this at a dollar store a while ago! Love it because it packs so easy for crops! Only about 7 inches tall. Great find for $1, have gotten my money's worth for sure!

I do like the kleenex box idea though too, especially for at home use since I don't have to worry about packing space for a crop. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by ollychelle on 04-07-11 03:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-07-11 05:27 PM
In response to ollychelle

Sweet. Prettier than the Ziploc sandwich bag box I've been using and I like the more enclosed top. Plus once it's full of paper scraps it's easy to just toss in the recycling bin without getting bits of Bazzill everywhere!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
I recently saw a hint that I loved - now I'm hoping I didn't see it here, and apologize if I'm repeating someone else. Keep an EMPTY Kleenex box on your desk (I like the little square ones) and toss those little bitty scraps, paper from the back of labels, etc. into it as you work. The plastic insert in the Kleenex box will keep them from falling out, even if it gets knocked over. And when it's full, just toss the whole box into your trash and replace it with a new one! I didn't do a lot of decorating on mine since the boxes are pretty cool as is, but did tie an organdy ribon around it (just because I could).

dwelch...you is one smart chica!

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to ScrappyMama6

Thanks for sharing such a great idea!... Can't wait to run out of kleenex so I can use the box!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Scrapkaty

I've done this forever at my sewing machine for the thread scraps. I have CM scrapbuddy (or whatever it's called) for my trash and drink for crops.

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to NMlady

These are all cool ideas! TFS.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to gluemore girl

You are certainly on a roll with the handy ideas. Keep 'em comin'.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics