Username Post: Create, Expression, or E2?        (Topic#1556689)
TheGlamScrapper
New Kid On the Block
TheGlamScrapper

Hi Crafters!

I'm kind of new to Cricut machines, but I've caught on to it very quickly, and now I am a fan I purchased the E from HSN and it came with 4 carts, and the basic tools (mat, spatula, etc.). I really only make cards, and I'm starting a few 12x12 scrapbooks. After having the E for about 3 weeks now, I'm starting to think that maybe I don't need something this big, and can downgrade to a Create. I also saw on YT that PC is coming out with an E2 priced around $399 with 4 carts already installed on the machine. Additionally, I have a Gypsy. So with all of that said, I have a few questions...

1. Has anyone ever downgraded from an E to a Create and later regretted that decision? If so, why?

2. Would it be worth it to buy the E2 if I already have a gypsy?

3. Does anyone know if PC plans on coming out with a Gypsy 2 in the near future? It would be nice to be able to see full color images on a Gypsy, just like the E2.

Thanks Everyone!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to TheGlamScrapper

I have the Expression! I love it!!! However I wanted some thing smaller to take to places so I bought a Making Memories Slice machine. I' so glad I got it! It is a Great little machine too!!!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to debby_westbrook

Mostly everyone that started with the smaller machine upgraded to the larger one. I will say I had the Create and it was different using it after using an expression. I would think because you had the ability to cut larger if you wanted to and then go down to a smaller machine might cause some frustration.

The E2 is just like the regular Expression...it just have some modifications. I would think it would be worth using the gypsy with it if you like to weld and design.

As far as the G2, who knows? They said they were not going to no time soon. PC continues to make updates on the existing one.

TheGlamScrapper
New Kid On the Block
TheGlamScrapper
In response to HisGEM

Thanks so much! I definitely agree that I will probably end up frustrated knowing that I once had an Expression, but downgraded. I keep telling myself that I dont need the E (buyer's remorse) because I dont need to cut so big, but it's GREAT for cutting out all of my layers at one time. I think I'm just going to go with the E2 when it debuts on HSN.

Does anyone know if the internal carts on the E2 can be synced to the Gypsy?

samiwami
New Kid On the Block
samiwami

I would say keep the one you have. I think the E2 will probably have all the same bugs and problems that happen with every new release PC does. The Expression was the last thing that they actually did really well.

TheGlamScrapper
New Kid On the Block
TheGlamScrapper
In response to samiwami

That's a really good point. I actuall purchased both the E and Create from HSN to see which one I would like better. I'm leaning more towards the Create. The E is just way too big for my needs. I would like to have the option to cut larger, but I just don't see that happening. I guess I will just keep the create.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

Although you have considered the Create, keep this in mind. You can add all of your cardstock on the bigger mat. It saves time and it is not as much wear and tear on the machine because you are not loading and unloading as much. That for me is why the bigger machine is worth keeping. Then if there is ever a time you need a larger cut, it is available; especially when using the tags, bags, boxed and more cartridge. In the end it is up to you, but I know for me when I went from the Create to the Expression, it was a breath of fresh air. Then when I would use the Create, it just seem so much smaller....
Best wishes to you on your decision.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to HisGEM

I agree,,,,I got the Create 2 years ago because I didn't think I'd need to cut that large,,,,,

snort,,,,,6 months down the line, I'd changed my mind,,,,,took another 1.5 years before I could convince DH that the Create had a better home with my dgs, and I NEEDED an E

TheGlamScrapper
New Kid On the Block
TheGlamScrapper
In response to CommaHolly

Oh geez. You all make really good points. I swear I have been back and forth over the last couple of weeks. I keep telling myself I dont need the Expression because its rare that I will cut large items, but I do like being able to lay all of my different papers for one image on one mat. But then I think...okay...is having that option worth paying that much?!?! Decisions decisions. However, to avoid buyers remorse, I've decided to just buy the personal cricut from AC Moore for $90 (its on sale until Saturday). Then, in the future if I need to cut bigger, I will be okay with getting the Expression or E2. I think the personal cricut & gypsy fit my needs, and budget for now. Thanks for all the help!

TheGlamScrapper
New Kid On the Block
TheGlamScrapper
In response to CommaHolly

UGH! As soon as I came home from buying the Original at AC Moore, I received an e-mail with next week's deals. They are going to have the Expression on sale with 3 carts, a mat, and a marker for $189. Nothing can beat that deal (not even HSN). I guess I'm going back on Sunday to exchange them! This has been a extreme roller coaster ride. Ooooooh Provocraft

Thanks again everyone.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics