Username Post: I just ordered a 12 inch Cuttlebug border folder.        (Topic#1556745)
Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

After ordering a 12 inch cuttlebug border folder, I realized that I only have the short spacers. The long spacers are an additional expense that I'd like to avoid.

I'm thinking of simply using the long folder with the short spacers and rolling it through. Then I'd keep the paper in the folder without moving it and run it through the cuttlebug again by placing the spacers under the part of the folder that didn't get pressed the first time around.

Would that work?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Solitaire

yes,,,I do that all the time with the borderabilities,,,,,it's a pain,,,but it works.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to CommaHolly

Thank you Holly. That's reassuring.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman

• CommaHolly Said:
yes,,,I do that all the time with the borderabilities,,,,,it's a pain,,,but it works.

Me too. It works pretty good, but it would be nice (and convenient) to have the long spacers.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to cat_woman

I agree,,,,,I'm going to buy them at M's the next time they have sizzix products on sale,,,,

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-12-11 03:04 PM

I'm looking in to buying the cuttle bug...what exactly does the cuttle bug do that the cricut doesn't? From what I have seen it looks really cool!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
I'm looking in to buying the cuttle bug...what exactly does the cuttle bug do that the cricut doesn't? From what I have seen it looks really cool!

the cuttlebug and the big shot and other such devices will emboss,,,,,,you purchase folders or plates for embossing with them,,,,,,

they will also cut wafer thin dies like the nestabilities,,,,,,and dies like the Tim Holtz dies, which is a look many people like,,,,
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee

My dh got me one a few weeks ago. I love it and I've been purchasing the embossing folders on sale. HL & J happened to have them 40% off and M had a couple on clearance.

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-12-11 04:29 PM

• CommaHolly Said:
  • Quay Said:

the cuttlebug and the big shot and other such devices will emboss,,,,,,you purchase folders or plates for embossing with them,,,,,,

they will also cut wafer thin dies like the nestabilities,,,,,,and dies like the Tim Holtz dies, which is a look many people like,,,,

Thanks so much...that helps me a lot! And I love Tim Holtz!! Well his stuff anyway! hehe

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Quay

• Quay Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
  • Quay Said:

Thanks so much...that helps me a lot! And I love Tim Holtz!!

search Cuttlebug and Bigshot or Bigkick (same machine) on you-tube,,,,tons of great tutorials and you can see which ones you like and how to use them

Quay
Quay 
Governor
Quay
  • Quay on 04-12-11 05:01 PM

Great...thanks so much!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to Solitaire

I have been avoiding the boarder dies and folders for that reason! When I do eventually invest in some, a friend of mine suggested buying the Spellbinders spacers and plates because you can get these as a set and they are cheaper than the cuttlebug ones.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Christine19850

That's good to know, Christine.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Solitaire

I received the 12" border punch I ordered in the mail yesterday and tried it out. The hinges are on the long side instead of at the top. I ran it through the cuttlebug twice, once with the regular spacers at the top half of the folder, and again at the bottom half. It was a breeze and worked perfectly. No need to get a long set of spacers.

Just be sure not to have the "B" spacers with the labels on both at the bottom. I reversed one of the "B" spacers with the label at the top so it doesn't get jammed from being too thick at one section.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics