Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What to buy, what to buy.        (Topic#1556761)
bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

You have 80 dollars to spend. Spend it for me

I already have an Expression (which you guys helped me decide to buy, and I can't thank you enough! Best investment ever.
I have Sure Cuts a Lot so I don't need carts.
My inclination is to buy more paper. I have a little bit of everything else, embellishments, ribbon, embossing gun and powders, tons of stamps...

What should I get? Any fancy tools or things you've been eyeing? 80 dollars would be a lot of paper...

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to bcblondie

since you already have SCAL you won't need the gypsy.

I'd go for papers, primas, bling, new zig pens, stickles and 3 D embellis.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Just G

I'd love some Dusty Attic chippies, bling, and Martha Stewart punch around the page sets.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to rockmom

Clip your coupons and get to Hobby Lobby and pick up Core-dinations super assortments of cardstock. I've got "heritage" and "so mod", super quality and so usable. I'd also plurge on some paper packs like BasicGrey, the papers all work together so well you get a great product at the end. Flowers, bling, distressing inks, and some stickles.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Sonsie

Border punches!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Luvmyfam

Thanks for the responses so far guys! Punches are tempting because all those small little holes, teh cricut has a hard time with those..

Sonsie I wish we had a hobby lobby! Maybe online shopping is in order.

JustG How do you use these zig pens? Do you need fancy hand writing?

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to bcblondie

My last spending spree I bought a melting pot and some UTEE is my favorite toy now.. those flowers from the cricut and the UTEE were destined to be together.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to jessielee

What is Utee?! Googling...

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

Bahh!! I have some of that! I was wondering why it never embossed well. Lol.

It's black. Why did I buy black? lol. Clearly I didn't know how it was used...

Edited by bcblondie on 04-12-11 08:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to bcblondie

the black would work too... in certain things... but I absolutley loves it!! The hardest part is not over cooking it so that it doesnt get a slight color to it but even when that happens it just looks more antiqued

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to jessielee

Ahh! I love you for telling me this! I just tried it, I did 3 or 4 layers and then immediately pressed a stamp and it made a pattern. I was so scared it would melt my stamp lol. That's amazing! Here I thought I had disfunctional embossing powder. This would work awesome for sealing letters and stuff, like those wax seals.

jessielee
Veteran
jessielee
In response to bcblondie

if you look in my gallery i use the melting pot and my clear UTEE and made some white glass flowers... I use it to make lots of flowers that look like glass...

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to jessielee

That's awesome. I was youtubing and someone mentioned they had a homemade melting pot? Wonder how she did that. That's more googling for the morning.

Wow I hijacked my own thread lol.

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to bcblondie

I've been splurging on the border punches and embossing folders lately.

OMGITSEMILY074
Guru
OMGITSEMILY074
In response to gluemore girl

STICKLES ALL THE WAY! And some mini chipboard albums. Oh and of course bling!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to OMGITSEMILY074

MS punches!!! I adore them, especially the around-the-page and deep edge ones

and then maybe a little bit of everything ... a few stickles, glimmer mists, inks, etc.

have fun and let us know what you decide to get

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to madmatter

I would be guilty of spending 80 dollars on paper! I love paper! But, I agree that some of the more expensive things might be the way to go. Like punches, or Prima flowers. Do you like tools? Do you have the Tim Holtz Tonic scissors or the Inkessentials craft sheet? I love both of those items.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Babylou

ATG gun, Your Story Book Binding and Laminating machine!!! I love both of these!!!

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to debby_westbrook

atg & cuttlebug

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Brandilynn

I say go for something you wouldn't normally buy for yourself but you've always wanted to try!

The last time I had 'free' money to spend, it was a gift that I hadn't been expecting, so I spent it on some of the things I've wanted to try but was hesitant to spend money on it. So I got some glimmer glaze, distress stains, smooches and a few other embellies and things that I liked but didn't have the budget to get with my usual things, patterned pps, cardstock etc.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics