Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: WATCH your ATG refills!!!!!        (Topic#1556893)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

WATCH YOUR ATG TAPE!!!!

I went to M's yesterday and bought a refill of the General Purpose for cardmaking,,,

got it home and there was something wrong with both rolls,,,,the plastic ring in the center popped out way to easily,,,,It appeared to be wound too loosely.

so I took it back today to exchange it,,,,,and every single roll on the shelf was like that,,,

I had to bump up to the more expensive rolls of the acid free tape to find a box that was ok,,,,

BOTH the acid free AND the General Purpose have been affected according to the M's associate I spoke with.

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to CommaHolly

Thanks for the heads up! I've only had mine for a few months and I always seem to have trouble loading it (including just getting it open!) I would have thought that it wasn't working right because of me.

Resident
In response to leslief

Thanks Holly!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Erin in Okc

Hmmmm.....

I think I bought a refill a while ago, and just put it away.

I'll have to check it. Was it pretty obvious it was wrong?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Bxr-Linda

not at first glace, although when I looked closer, it did appear a bit "warped",,,,,

but the plastic ring inside pushed out without the least bit of effort,,,,so much so that trying to load the ATG gently pushed it out of the roll of tape.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

The last 3 rolls I've used (they were all general purpose and from M's) all had this problem; the center of the full roll pushed up from the middle off of the loading ring. This resulted in alot of waste, as I had to keep reloading. It was also pretty irritating. I just got a 12 pack via Fed Ex, & I'm really hoping they don't share this defect.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to GemGirl

wow.

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear

Thanks for the heads up!

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-16-11 05:37 AM
In response to MrsSugarBear

That happened to me when I refilled my atg this week - the plastic ring popped all the way out. I just kind of pushed it back in and loaded it and it worked fine. It was only my first time reloading so I didn't know it wasn't supposed to do that, whoops!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to J-M

I thought about getting an extra box to keep on hand but now I think I might wait til this kink gets worked out. Too expensive and too much trouble going in just for that.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Trina_P

Thanks for the heads up, Holly!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to J-M

• J-M Said:
That happened to me when I refilled my atg this week - the plastic ring popped all the way out. I just kind of pushed it back in and loaded it and it worked fine. It was only my first time reloading so I didn't know it wasn't supposed to do that, whoops!

that shouldn't happen!!!! And if you're new with ATG, anyone would think it was normal,,,,

geesh. I wanna call them and tell them they need to fire their current QC coordinator

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal

I almost bought some refills at M's yesterday. I'm now glad I didn't. The link you posted, Holly, says for the pink ATG. I feel stupid asking this, but can I use the refills for the pink ATG's from M's in my red ATG?

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to LilacGal

Yes, as long as they're the same width as your ATG uses (1/4", for example--I know there are also some 1/2" ones out there, too).

Now I'm really wondering, so as soon as I finish the roll I've got loaded, I'm going to refill with the new shipment from framingsupplies to see if they're the same way. I'll post what results are (boxes were ordered on 4/8 & rec'd 4/12, but there's no way to know how long they were in their inventory).

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to GemGirl

So what does M's charge for the 1/4 inch refills?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to DittoBabyGirl

M's charges 5.99 for the general purpose and 9.99 for the acid free,,,2 in a box and you can use a coupon!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to LilacGal

• LilacGal Said:
I almost bought some refills at M's yesterday. I'm now glad I didn't. The link you posted, Holly, says for the pink ATG. I feel stupid asking this, but can I use the refills for the pink ATG's from M's in my red ATG?

yes, I have the red ATG and I do it all the time,,,it's the same gun and the same tape,,,,just different colors.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Thanks Holly!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Is it the 3M 908 GOLD 1/4"x 36 yds?

J-M
J-M 
Idol
J-M
  • J-M on 04-16-11 02:32 PM

• CommaHolly Said:
M's charges 5.99 for the general purpose and 9.99 for the acid free,,,2 in a box and you can use a coupon!!

Wow! I can't get over what great prices you have in the US - I was at Michael's in Canada today and it was $9.99 for general purpose and $16 for acid free!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics