Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Prima flowers        (Topic#1556943)
New Kid On the Block

I am making a printer's tray for a special family friend. I want to use Prima flowers (1 or 2) on the tray. Pictures will be in black & white. Other colors to be used..brown, black, white & cream. What flowers will fit and look nice..looking for input. I have never used Prima flowers before. Wedding colors ..teal/coral/white.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to johnnysmom99

Lovvvvvvvvvvvve the prima roses!!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

and I'm pretty sure prima flowers are like Lays potato chips,,,,,,

you can't just stop at one (just joking)

Sunfairy
Veteran
Sunfairy
In response to johnnysmom99

Hi! I checked Prima's flowers in the store but there are just so many, it's almost impossible for me to make a recommendation for your printer's tray. It all depends on what size you're looking for & whether you'd rather have a really soft look or with crystals or the smaller paper ones that you can spray with GM, kwim? An exceptionally beautiful style are the Love Letter Roses. The Peridot color ones have the barest touch of yellow & mine look more like a rich cream.
My only other suggestion would be to use the filters to help you narrow down your choices. Under Prima select 'floral', then a color type. Teal would be under blue & coral under orange, etc. The descriptions tell you the approx. size of the blooms, too.
Their pictures are pretty accurate, so that helps. I've yet to be disappointed with any Prima flower I've bought. Hope this helps a little. Your project sounds lovely
Ann Marie
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Sunfairy

you should try out the "scrap by color" option in the superstore, then it'll help you find products in the specific color you're looking for.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Tina scraps

stupid question: it doesn't say anywhere what these flowers are made from... Paper? Fabric? If they are made from paper, are they coated to protect them from water/the elements? Thanks. I really don't know why I can't figure this out... Jamie

-Robbie-
Mayor
-Robbie-
In response to juliusgirl

There are no stupid questions! The flowers vary in what they are made of. The paper ones are not coated to protect them.

I looked at a couple here and didn't see a description of what some of them were made of. If you go to Prima's site and click on the flower you are interested in, it will bring up a description that will let you know what they are made of and their dimensions. Then... you can come back here and order them!

-Robbie-
Mayor
-Robbie-
In response to -Robbie-

Oh... and once you become an addict, you will be able to tell just by looking at them!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to -Robbie-

Yes, this time last year, I didnt own a SINGLE pack of Primas.....not one. Then I met Manda K, and Holly and it was all over! LOL!!!

They are truly beautiful, realistic, come in every color of the rainbow, every shape and size, jeweled, non-jeweled etc...you can't buy just 1. Holly was right! I save my trips to A's to collect Primas and use my coupon for 40-50% off!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to ScrappyMama6

AHHHH yes....Primas. SO PRETTY. They add that *muwah* perfecto touch!

Some are fabric, some paper...all fabulous!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Manda_K

Primas are quite addicting! But hey, there are worse things to be addicted to!

Gramma3x!!
Mayor
Gramma3x!!
In response to Smashley

I can see how you could really get carried away with these beautiful flowers!!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Gramma3x!!

I'm actually thankful that they're kind of expensive or I'd have WAY too many! LOL

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Smashley

primas = pretty

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 04-27-11 07:58 PM
In response to madmatter

I think maybe a nice pink or teal color would look great with that. i just bought some awesome looking flowers.not really sure how to add pictures, wish i could show you the one i just used.
ok, just searched the store and found them. i used Sara. i think these may go nicely with those colors you mentioned. please post a pic!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
Yes, this time last year, I didnt own a SINGLE pack of Primas.....not one. Then I met Manda K, and Holly and it was all over! LOL!!!

They are truly beautiful, realistic, come in every color of the rainbow, every shape and size, jeweled, non-jeweled etc...you can't buy just 1. Holly was right! I save my trips to A's to collect Primas and use my coupon for 40-50% off!

evil chuckle,,,,,,,,Zat vas me zat take over ze mind and plant ze evil primas in zere!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

I used to love how the paper flowers were flat so they could be used on cards and mailed. The newest Primas are too bulky for cards which is a shame. We have a 5mm thickness limit on cards, otherwise they count as small parcels and the cost goes up to something stupid. Sigh.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
I used to love how the paper flowers were flat so they could be used on cards and mailed. The newest Primas are too bulky for cards which is a shame. We have a 5mm thickness limit on cards, otherwise they count as small parcels and the cost goes up to something stupid. Sigh.

that STINKS,,,,,,,I simply pay 20 extra cents and write "hand cancel please" on the front of the envie.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

I have those Rossetti Roses in Sylvia and they are gorgeous!! Beautiful fabric with a touch of sparkle.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Smashley

Yeah, I have a few packs of those, they are so pretty.

I don't make cards, so I don't worry about bulk...I like the 3D!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics