Username Post: Anyone upgraded?        (Topic#1557199)
pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

Anybody done the Slice upgrade? What was the price with shipping? How long did it take? Is it worth it?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by pinkpaperairedale on 06-04-11 02:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to pinkpaperairedale

As I posted on the other thread in the general forum, I'm thinking about it. I'd really like to hear what others think. I like the trade in deal for $75. I don't use my slice since I got my cricut because the cuts are just not as good, but I'd love to be able to make use of all my cards again. If the cuts were better quality I'd probably use it. Can anyone with the elite say anything about how much more precise the cuts actually are or how it compares to cricut cuts? the thing I don't like about the original slice is how the lines are never all that straight and there are always little imperfections in the edges and rounded corners instead of crisp corners.

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to mercytiara

Hey just in case anyone is interested (doesn't appear so, lol!) I pulled out my Slice this weekend to see how I would find it now that I've gone a year of neglecting it in favour of my Cricut. I made some sample letter shapes in various sizes and fonts so that IF I got the upgrade to the Elite, I'd have something to compare it to.

Just for fun I decided to cut the same letters in the same sizes from similar fonts with my Gypsy and Cricut. The letters are much better formed on the cricut, and even if the accuracy is improved on the Elite, the amount of time it took to cut all the letters with the Slice was 3 times as long as with the Slice, so regardless of the accuracy improvement with the Elite, I think I'll forgo the upgrade and go ahead and sell my Slice and the 12 cards I have. I don't go to crops, so I don't need something small or cordless. Glad I went through the exercise of breaking it out again... I'll miss my little Slice (good memories of early scrapping days)... but the decision to upgrade or not is much easier for me now.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to mercytiara

I'm not getting the update. I recently (about 2 months ago) got my regular Slice and I love it. I haven't had any problems. I have a cricut expession that I use a lot, but I got my Slice to take to other places when I go to scrap. I love both machines and sometimes use both on the same lo.

lori1963
Veteran
lori1963
In response to debby_westbrook

I bought my Slice months ago and don't have one thing that I have made with any of the cut outs cause the cut outs were ragged looking. I have done everything in the world over and over again to get my Slice to work properly ,to no avail. Contacted customer service and did all they required I do ,that I had already done numerous times.I even e-mailed them sample cuts, reciept of purchase.Then they asked me to ship it to them(at my cost) so they can work on it. Remember,it's still under warranty. I shipped it to them today & it cost me $10.95 in shipping costs. If mine is a lemon and I have always thought it was a factory defect,I would consider trading my Slice for the upgrade. I just don't feel it fair that I have to pay the full $75.00 ,since I got a piece of junk to begin with. If they could offer me a better trade in price I might conside it. Anything has to be better than the Slice that I purchased ! Good luck whatever you all decide : )

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to lori1963

I'm not going for the upgrade, simply because I don't use my machine as much as I should. When I do use it, I haven't had any issues with the cuts like others have talked about.

lindaspaperie
Resident
lindaspaperie
In response to siameseplease

I'm not getting the upgrade. I have had my Slice for almost 2 years with no problems and I use my machine a lot. Maybe in another year I might, it all depends.

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to lindaspaperie

I have the Elite and LOVE it!!! I have the original Slice as well but the Elite is just so much better...

As for rugged edges.. it could be either paper, or blade... I have had 'lemon' blades (same as with my Cricut) that have just been bad from day one and when I switched blades no worries...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics