Username Post: The Day You Were Born Page        (Topic#1557229)
New Kid On the Block

I'm planning ahead for some things I might want to put in my baby's girl's album. I'm going to get a local and national newspaper, but also wanted to list a few things about current stuff the day she's born.

Can you think of some things I could list? I was thinking stuff like the price of milk, bread, gas, movie ticket...but what else? I may not use them all but want to have a few things down. Current events will be in the paper I get, but is there anything else that would be cool to look back on?

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to lisak80

I have a 5x12 sticker called Timeless moments for my kids. It also lists ave income, min wage, ave house and car costs, tv shows and movies. Got it at a lss for $3. Good luck.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to tinadn

There's a website and I can't recall what it is that list all that stuff and more.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

I found it, I knew I had it saved somewhere.

http://dmarie.com/timecap/

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to foltzy

no 1 song, album, movies & movie stars that are big at the moment, trends which are popular at the moment, toys, clothes styles - hope that helps!

New Kid On the Block
In response to SuperAllyFan

Thanks all! Definitely some that I didn't think of and I like! Since Im having a girl maybe I should pick up a people style or something!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to lisak80

Since newspapers yellow with age I suggest you go to the newspaper's web site the day she's born and print out the headlines, etc. on good computer paper. (well...since you'll be pretty busy that day maybe a relative will do it for you).

Another fun idea is to list what jobs/professions her realatives have the day she's born.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Sunnydi

I did a page like this for my dd ... it had different journaling cards on it ... one for prices of things, one for top tv shows, one for top songs, one for Academy Award winners, one for government (president, governor, senators), and one for top toys

it turned out to be a cool page

dodgercpkl
Expert
dodgercpkl
In response to madmatter

This is a bit different then what you are talking about I think, but as I'm currently working on creating a baby/growing up album of my husband to give to my MIL, I have a few suggestions for moms and moms to be. I was lucky enough to have in-laws that let me go through all of the photos/awards/memories that they had kept of my husband while he was growing up. I LOVE the fact that my MIL kept a written copy of Anton's firsts - first step, first word, etc. I love that she wrote down her view of the story of Anton's birth. I love that she wrote down funny stories of things like him carrying his 20 day old brother down a fairly steep set of stairs at age 2.5. I love that she wrote down some of his accidents and boo-boos. I'm having so much fun incorporating those things into his baby book!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to dodgercpkl

check out this website. i love it...
http://dmarie.com/timecap/

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics