Username Post: Markers/ Pens for writing?        (Topic#1557345)
jmp09 
Tenant
  • jmp09 on 04-26-11 07:22 AM

Hi !

This is my first post. I'm wondering what pens/markers do you all recommend for writing? I don't do journaling so much, just a few sentences per page maybe - just to talk about the pictures.

I've been using Crayola markers. OOPS!

Thanks so much.

ImForwardByDesign
Veteran
ImForwardByDesign
In response to jmp09

I use Tombow ABT or Zig. They are acid free, you can get a marker or pen, and they work very well for the little bit of journaling I have done.

They are a little more expensive, but you can buy them individually, or in a pack, and they seem to last forever. They both are very nice products.

irisheyes3
Resident
irisheyes3
In response to ImForwardByDesign

I use Zig but for most of my journaling I use my computer

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to irisheyes3

I love the Tombow pens ... I bought a few different color packs on clearance at M's and have really been enjoying them

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 04-28-11 08:46 PM
In response to madmatter

I also love Zig Writers! And for journaling on darker papers, I love the Uni-ball Signo in white.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Zig Writer - Black (Discontinued)
Zig Writer - Brown (Discontinued)

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Ami G

I am new to scrapbooking, too. I have tried several different markers (and spent alot of money!) I love Prismacolor. I also like Sharpie or Bic ultra fine point.

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing
In response to jaspernonyx

Jaspernonyx, you said you like Prismacolor...is that because you like the Bic ultra fine point and they are similar? I ask because I only have used the Big ultra fine point and love them, but want to try others in other colors.

Thanks in advance for any words you have on the matter!

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to jaspernonyx

• jaspernonyx Said:
I am new to scrapbooking, too. I have tried several different markers (and spent alot of money!) I love Prismacolor. I also like Sharpie or Bic ultra fine point.

From all that I've read, Sharpies are not archival safe so I wouldn't use them on your layouts. The Bics are ok. I usually use Zig memory writers on my layouts.

jmp09 
Tenant
  • jmp09 on 04-30-11 10:31 AM
In response to cat_woman

Thanks everyone for the responses!

The Zig Writer markers seem perfect -- I like the one end is thicker for titles, and the other end thinner for captions etc. I'll have to see if they are at my local Art store.

thanks!

scrappyjackson
Veteran
scrappyjackson
In response to cat_woman

• cat_woman Said:
From all that I've read, Sharpies are not archival safe so I wouldn't use them on your layouts. The Bics are ok. I usually use Zig memory writers on my layouts.

Do you know more on what sort of damage sharpies would cause or how long LO made using them would keep for?

I saw another topic where someone recommended outlining photos in thick sharpie to emphasize them... is this actually not a good idea because I was thinking about trying it.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to scrappyjackson

I've also been using Sharpies and would like to know what will happen after time.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics