Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: For your layout...        (Topic#1557407)
Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79

Do you usually use your ATG Gun for your layout or any other type of glue. Just regular liquid glue. I consider buying Atg Gun, is it easier, not messier?

Inloveforlife
Veteran
Inloveforlife
In response to Ilka79

I love my ATG Gun but I still use other types ! I think that its easier!

Edited by Inloveforlife on 04-27-11 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Inloveforlife

I use my ATG the most, it is the most economical. For smaller pieces I use Xyron 510 and X. I do use glue for teensey weensey pieces but never if I can get around it. I have trouble with glue running.

Expert
In response to Inloveforlife

ATG for almost everything--glue dots for buttons and ribbon, xyron for die-cuts/titles. I only use liquid glue on rare occasions such as small pieces of chipboard or when I don't feel like running one or two small things through my xyron X.

It is very easy to use the ATG and not messy at all!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to HuskerMom98

I use my ATG a lot. I just bought a Xyron 250 and plan to use it mostly on letters.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to debby_westbrook

I use my ATG most of the time. Glue dots for buttons and the like and liquid glue for small pieces and letters. Love love love my ATG!! I don't know how I scrapped without it.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to kirasmommy

I use mostly Zig 2 Way glue and Glossy Accents. I also use pop dots.

I avoid tape runners at all costs. I much prefer liquid glue.

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to Manda_K

I use my ATG a ton. I do keep a bottle of liquid glue on hand to use once or twice, but mostly my LO's are held together by the ATG.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to iuplori

I use my ATG most of the time,,,,,,,my second new fav is glossy accents for things like buttons, chipboard or paper that the ATG doesn't like like highly embossed or glittered paper. I also use sticky tape (double sided tape with a red skin you peel) for ribbons and lace.

AndieBee
Expert
AndieBee
In response to CommaHolly

I have a GlueGlider Pro and is it okay to say that I HATE the dern thing?! I do like glue dots, regular glue, and double sided tape. I had a little, fit in the palm of my hand adhesive thingajiggy once that I really liked a lot. I don't know why I have such problems with the GlueGlider Pro...perhaps I should stick with Elmer's?!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to AndieBee

I love my ATG and use that mostly. To add to what Holly said, it also doesn't work very well on flocked paper. I have a Xyron X I use for smaller things and I use Glossy Accents for tiny things or clear things. I highly recommend the ATG! The refills last a really long time and it's so huge you can always find it on your table! LOL

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Smashley

I almost always solely use my ATG.

How I ever scrapped without it, I'll never know!

For me, there's no looking back.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KellyCali

oh flocked paper is of the devil!!!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

I am so glad these girls got me interested in the ATG! I love that thing! Use a coupon and then it's way more affordable!

I use the atg for most things and my zots glue dots in small and medium. I use the xyron X too but for those tiny peices I use one of my two zig two way pens.

I very rarely use any pop dots at all. And I never use glue sticks as they don't last over time and most regular liquid glue can make your paper warp I think.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

I love my ATG for photos and paper.

I use some Glue Dots for flowers and buttons.

I love my "Best Glue Ever" to make my own flowers or for small gems and pearl.

I have every size of Zig glue pens for all my die cuts and my fancy borders.

I am an adhesive junkie.....

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to PhotobearSam

And I did buy some glossy accents recently but haven't reallt tried it yet for glueing. Mainly got that for a top coating cause when it dries it has a finish that looks like epoxy!

gluemore girl
Veteran
gluemore girl
In response to Cindyckj

I love my Creative memories tape runner for most of my projects and also keep assorted glue dots as well as zig glue pens.

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to gluemore girl

I have 2 ATG guns. One is for photos and the other is general purpose (got one in clearance section for $9 didn't have tape in it). I use the ATG for most things, photos, ribbon, paper,etc.
I also use Scotch Quick Dry for chipboard, buttons(sometimes), bling,googly eyes, etc. Sometimes I use gluedots for buttons. I have a xyron X that I will use for little pieces, border strips. I also use the zig 2 way for small, intricate pieces. I have an arsenal of adhesives at my finger tips because I could never decide what I liked or should use for what. As I have become more experienced with workind with different materials I have stopped purchasing some adhesives like smaller tape runners and double sided tape, tacky glue. Unfortunately I did stock up on all these items and will have them for quite a while...

Learn from my mistakes and buy an ATG. you won't regret it!

Edited by SarahWscraps on 04-27-11 06:55 PM. Reason for edit: add photos of products alot of them aren't in the superstore or I am looking for the wrong thing.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SarahWscraps

Love my atg! Use glue dots for glitter or flocked papers and glue pen for letters usually but everything else is atg.

Wish they would do repositionable atg tape!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Henri Jean

ATGs aren't available here otherwise I'd get one. There is one similar product available, but I don't like the waste - you seem to be throwing so much plastic away with every refill. When a greener one comes along, I'll have my eyes open.

I use double-sided tape mainly.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics